Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The look is ok for the films (long dark hair, beard etc.), it doesn't translate well to an action figure imo. It could be I'm an old school....

From the official pics, there seems to be very little articulation at the shoulders.
As lacking as the JL figure is, I prefer it to this one. Looking forward to in hand pics, though.

It's a nice figure but hard to believe they reused that JL sculpt. Movie takes over a billion and it can't get a single new figure from HT(this is no more than a repaint).

Marvel fans said we were paranoid expecting figures from underperforming movies so what's the excuse with so little from Aquaman and Joker?
I'm shocked we never got Orm or Mera. The designs are great. **** this repaint ********. HT use the term 'Movie Masterpiece' very loosely.
:exactly:

I like this figure but I should have been so much better. Hot Toys literally made no improvements from the first previewed figure. The hips are too wide. That thing that hangs down by his waist is too thick. Hot Toys doesn't give a crap about putting in the effort on certain dc figures.

I do agree that not a lot of extra care goes on DC.
I'm glad they fixed and added the orange on the suit, but Geez...Same damn Sculpt?!!!!!!!

Same with the JL Superman, when clearly, the hair is parted the other way in the movie. Nah...just slap the BvS head there and no one will notice.

Yet with Marvel, they could have easily gotten lazy and re-issue the 2012 Avengers Cap, and yet, its a totally new and improved figure.
Yeah, the bias is obvious.

I wish I liked it better. It?s subjective, I realize. Too bad the JL figure didn?t have a better head sculpt and had the separated chest plate thing going on. Because I actually like that suit better, oddly enough. Something about this gold and green just isn?t working for me.

It looks ok in some poses but nothing more than a museum pose or as long as the upper half isn?t moved too much.

I like this picture.
bf0bf0d7f11d0ea93e08d9508a18fbf2.jpg

But this one shows the trouble with the solid rubber shirt. Ugly bunching.
14476f10da939d21559bd9c091fab016.jpg

The first version is looking better to me at this point but I?d like to see a review of both side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually prefer the JL suit, it's so badass... but they ruined it with that chest gap, completely kills the figure so I ended up moving it on.

I may pick this one up because I do like the suit, no as much as JL. But it'll really pop. So looks like Batman is my only JL figure in the end, selling my Wonder Women. Not sure with Superman.

May have to pick this up as I loved the solo film! Is it just me but are the arms just a little TOO big? I know Momoa is a big dude but his arms seem a wee bit out of proportion?

It has one of those suits that are so rigid that the only thing you can move on the figure are the elbows lol...

Not my comparison pic

Attachments

• 8B9E46E3-5103-4903-BD36-2700E9FB770F.jpeg
    8B9E46E3-5103-4903-BD36-2700E9FB770F.jpeg
    765.3 KB · Views: 195
Not my comparison pic

Besides the head sculpt being off, the arms still look too thick, the chest sculpting is off, the emblem on his belt is too wide and the gold pieces extending down from the belt are too thick. Other than that, it's a home run. :lol

All kidding aside, this is a disappointment. I was really hoping HT would make the effort to correct these errors, but no.

Yup, I've noticed that too. He looks overweight. I didn't preorder this one since I wasn't sure about it from the promo pics. I thought the JL version was better. I might pass this one.

Not my comparison pic

I could accept the other inaccuracies as nitpicks if they'd bothered to get the head sculpt right. I'll wait for the sequel.

Oh but but his shoulders are restricted and can?t pose.....WRONG you can work it just be prepared for not a long pose.

View attachment 474914

Are those hip guards part of the belt? If they're glued on vs. part of a one-piece mold, I'd consider removing them completely & snugging up the belt in the back. It would likely help streamline his appearance.

Back