Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates on this yet? I see Superman JL is starting to move, hopefully this one soon.

I haven't hear anything, but Toyswonderland has 8 of these instock from 1st wave for anyone who is interested. I got my JL Superman from there and got it today! Only took a week and I paid maybe $30 more than if I had got it with Sideshow.

I'm confused by the delay with this. I even got my confirmation email telling me it would ship in a few days back in March and then suddenly delayed again which is bad form on Sideshows part. Don't confirm unless you can definitely confirm. I know the virus caused major disruptions early on but over the past month I've been buying a ton of stuff from China that has arrived within a week or 2 so I'm curious why Sideshow has delayed this figure 2 whole months again. Either way it's officially my last order from them. Nothing but bad experiences. And the AUD/USD difference between when I preordered this to when it arrives means i'm practically paying the same amount of $$$ again twice over.

I'm confused by the delay with this. I even got my confirmation email telling me it would ship in a few days back in March and then suddenly delayed again which is bad form on Sideshows part. Don't confirm unless you can definitely confirm. I know the virus caused major disruptions early on but over the past month I've been buying a ton of stuff from China that has arrived within a week or 2 so I'm curious why Sideshow has delayed this figure 2 whole months again. Either way it's officially my last order from them. Nothing but bad experiences. And the AUD/USD difference between when I preordered this to when it arrives means i'm practically paying the same amount of $$$ again twice over.

I hear ya, I decided to pick this guy up from Toyswonderland and it came out to $276 with DHL shipping (takes 5-7 days from china!)
Now consider at Sideshow its $243, then add in tax at about 8% brings you to $262.44 then add in the overprices UPS shipping they charge at about $25 brings you to $287.44. Ends up being cheaper to buy from Toyswonderland!!

There is only 4 left now just FYI and they will raise the price as they get down to the last 1 or 2.

I whined about it to Sideshow and they offered free shipping! Helps that they screwed up and sent me a final invoice then went backsies on it. They also said it should be shipping this month. We'll see. But hey, free shipping. I think I can wait a little longer. Last thing I'll ever order from them anyway.

I whined about it to Sideshow and they offered free shipping! Helps that they screwed up and sent me a final invoice then went backsies on it. They also said it should be shipping this month. We'll see. But hey, free shipping. I think I can wait a little longer. Last thing I'll ever order from them anyway.

I'd consider that a win, especially since last I checked (last week when I received Captain Marvel), Sideshow charges about $23 shipping (to KC).

Got this guy in yesterday and finally got to unbox him today. Beautiful figure, if you are on the fence, you should definitely get this figure. I know its not much hype on it now, but I guarantee you there will be when its sold out.

As you can see by the last pic my daughter instantly fell in love with this figure LOL

Only issue I saw is the limited articulation in head and arms. But its understandable with the hair and the suit they used. Its always a trade off, I think if they had tried to go with the suit being separate on the arms like the JL version it would just look weird.

Attachments

• IMG_4972.jpg
    IMG_4972.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4974.jpg
    IMG_4974.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4970.jpg
    IMG_4970.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
congratulations on the figure but more importantly your daughter

i don't know why but the picture of her made me feel very emotional

must be this lockdown i guess
my daughter is over in new zealand right now so shes as safe as you can be in the world right now but your picture made me remember how small and vulnerable we really are

sorry for the detour ,and again great figure cheers

Got this guy in yesterday and finally got to unbox him today. Beautiful figure, if you are on the fence, you should definitely get this figure. I know its not much hype on it now, but I guarantee you there will be when its sold out.

As you can see by the last pic my daughter instantly fell in love with this figure LOL

Only issue I saw is the limited articulation in head and arms. But its understandable with the hair and the suit they used. Its always a trade off, I think if they had tried to go with the suit being separate on the arms like the JL version it would just look weird.

That last pic is really sweet. I'm sorry but she clearly loves this figure more than you, it's hers now. Sorry for your loss.

congratulations on the figure but more importantly your daughter

i don't know why but the picture of her made me feel very emotional

must be this lockdown i guess
my daughter is over in new zealand right now so shes as safe as you can be in the world right now but your picture made me remember how small and vulnerable we really are

sorry for the detour ,and again great figure cheers

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that has to be difficult. I tell you this whole lock down has really put things in perspective for me. Far too long I was so involved in my collection I neglected God and my family. This lockdown has help me reprioritize my life putting God and family first. I still do my collection but my world doesn't revolve around it like it used to.

In the past I would never have let my daughter hold the figure for fear of her damaging it. Now, I just tell her to be careful and gentle and Wow amazing memories like that picture are made!!!

hang in there man, this will end and you will see your daughter again brother. I would start planning what special thing you and her will do, this will keep you focused on the bright future rather than what we are dealing with now.

That last pic is really sweet. I'm sorry but she clearly loves this figure more than you, it's hers now. Sorry for your loss.

GaryPool, it is totally her figure now LOL. My collection is upstairs and everytime her and my son come up stairs (they are twins, 3 years old) She starts yelling Aquaman. She even sings the Spiderman song, but as Aquaman.

She says "Aquaman Aquaman, can he do it, he can, watch it, he Aquaman" LOL, My wife and I are like where in the world did that come from!

GaryPool, it is totally her figure now LOL. My collection is upstairs and everytime her and my son come up stairs (they are twins, 3 years old) She starts yelling Aquaman. She even sings the Spiderman song, but as Aquaman.

She says "Aquaman Aquaman, can he do it, he can, watch it, he Aquaman" LOL, My wife and I are like where in the world did that come from!

Hahah, this needs to be the theme tune to the next film for sure, super sweet!

Tt reminds me of a really good Hot Toys reviewing channel. It's a dad with his two sons reviewing the figures... I'll just try to find it then explain, they're really sweet as well as the older son is trying to be like his Dad and properly review and then the youngest son is handling it being like wowooowowoow!

Anyone know if there is a third party belt coming? That oblong A drives me... nuts.[emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just skimming through the thread, d'aawwww, what a touching photo :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that has to be difficult. I tell you this whole lock down has really put things in perspective for me. Far too long I was so involved in my collection I neglected God and my family. This lockdown has help me reprioritize my life putting God and family first. I still do my collection but my world doesn't revolve around it like it used to.

In the past I would never have let my daughter hold the figure for fear of her damaging it. Now, I just tell her to be careful and gentle and Wow amazing memories like that picture are made!!!

hang in there man, this will end and you will see your daughter again brother. I would start planning what special thing you and her will do, this will keep you focused on the bright future rather than what we are dealing with now.

:goodpost: Great post, many, many thanks for sharing your sentiments, much appreciation..

thank you for the kind words mate

god bless you and your family
keep on enjoying your family and hobby ,
on reflection its a wonderful life

cheers

Any updates on this yet? I see Superman JL is starting to move, hopefully this one soon.

Got my email yesterday saying it's shipping in a week. My favourite part of the email was in BIG letters "Your Aquaman Figure is Arriving Early!"

Got a good chuckle out of that one.

Back