Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a big, gaudy figure - not sure how this dude can swim in this suit.

I'm proud of Hot Toys for making the attempt because I don't think it was easy. Probably should've gone with thinner materials though.

If you can wait until the sequel and see if an improved version will be created, I would.

The problem is if we will see what that costume looks like before this is sold out.

what do you guys think of the harpoon hand? would you want it in a 1/6 figure?

cool or meh?

IMG_8175.jpeg

received_842597386482217.jpg

Finally got this. Considering how some people worked hard earlier in this thread to discourage hot toys from making it it feels like a win to get this in hand.

The color really pops on display. I am worried about the durability of the pants. Good thing I don't spend time posing and adjusting figures.

So for Christmas my wife incredibly surprised me with the Hot Toys Aquaman! I've been reading through this board for tips on preserving a figure like this with the upper covering and restricting pants. Other than avoiding direct sunlight and keeping the posing mostly neutral without keeping in any one pose too long, are there any other tips someone could recommend? Thanks!

By the way, the figure is phenomenal and has a commanding shelf presence. My go-to example for greatness in a Hot Toys figure has been my Doctor Strange (solo movie), and while that sculpt still is a benchmark, Aquaman takes over any display it's in. It's such an appealing figure and I'm going to "use it" as a slightly, poseable statue piece.

Another tip, which is self evident, is to keep it in a dust free environment and dust regularly to keep the materials from losing their luster or breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. Not sure how "dust free" I can make my office but I can keep canned air around. ����

Another tip, which is self evident, is to keep it in a dust free environment and dust regularly to keep the materials from losing their luster or breaking down.

Any kind of enclosed case would help. Dust still gets inside a detolf but not nearly as bad if it?s out in the open. I regularly have to dust my shelves to help protect them.

Considering to get this figure haired. Can anyone recommend someone who is also affordable to do this?!

Finally picked this guy up for the holiday. Beautifully done and fits well in my collection.

c343bace0455edc03f48105f3b59068f.jpg

Seeing him lined up with Batman & Superman shows (IMO) that his boots & forearm armor are really over designed. The boots look positively clunky by comparison. I'm glad I opted for the JL version - a much sleeker & cleaner design, plus he can be put in an action pose.

It really commands any shelf it is displayed on, especially if properly illuminated. This was the look I wanted for my movie Aquaman, despite the posing limitations by the suit it's a joy to view. Love mine, congrats on the acquisition!

Finally picked this guy up for the holiday. Beautifully done and fits well in my collection.
be8e23bf2c63ef3fc23d8166766953d0.jpg

Seeing him lined up with Batman & Superman shows (IMO) that his boots & forearm armor are really over designed. The boots look positively clunky by comparison. I'm glad I opted for the JL version - a much sleeker & cleaner design, plus he can be put in an action pose.

I disagree with all that. It's good we got the option to get the figure we prefer.

I disagree with all that. It's good we got the option to get the figure we prefer.

The color combo is great, but IMO a slightly more streamlined look all around would have greatly improved it. Everything just looks a bit too bulky to me. That hip armor should have been screenprinted onto the pants vs. cheap plastic pieces. That and minor tweaks to the boots & forearm armor would have done wonders.

Aqua-768x432.jpg

The color combo is great, but IMO a slightly more streamlined look all around would have greatly improved it. Everything just looks a bit too bulky to me. That hip armor should have been screenprinted onto the pants vs. cheap plastic pieces. That and minor tweaks to the boots & forearm armor would have done wonders.

View attachment 507541

Hot toys didn't put much effort into this figure. It could have been improved but it does look much better in hand and especially on display with other figures

I had officially talked myself out of this figure because it seemed only capable of a museum pose and the head sculpt wasn't 100% spot on, but mostly because I had other figures in the pipeline and didn't want to drop the cash. Then my wife surprises me with it for Christmas and I looked at her, who had heard me say these things not knowing she had one ordered, and quickly said "Never mind!":rotfl With proper lighting it is amazing on display. And I don't think HT will ever move away from the outer suit to allow for more articulation, so this is the future for this figure anyway.

Hot toys didn't put much effort into this figure. It could have been improved but it does look much better in hand and especially on display with other figures

Just came across this, torn if I should go for this or wait to see if Hot Toys does another version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225534278519
Based on everything I've been hearing about the sequel, test audiences hated it. And a lot of folks are actively avoiding it because AH is still in it. This film will be panned, big time.

I doubt HT will bother with this version of the character again being as the only attention the movie will likely receive will be overwhelmingly negative but that's just my opinion.

View attachment 507541
Can those hip armor pieces be removed?

Back