Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how people can convince themselves that rooted hair looks good at this scale. I would throw this straight into the garage if I received it.
If you have Instagram and/or facebook you should check out OneSixthSalon by Shane Poole. He is a master at rooting hair especially at the hairline which is one of the harder things to do realistically. The image you quoted is a cheap and easy way of doing it which is 1) synthetic hair from plastic and not the hair other artists use such as Tibetan Lamb Wool and 2) using a skincap with the synthetic hair punched in similar to a barbie doll which will never look real, but can be decent with a good amount of futzing.

hey thanks for the picture you sent via pm ,excellent work on the man of steel figure
is the nr head sculpt the same as the one you refer to as the ar sculpt or have i bought the wrong one lol cheers

No problem. I hoped it helped convey the look without the extra muscle add-ons. Unfortunately I don't take a lot of pics of my work so that's the only one I have with it compared to the regular BvS body.

As for these Aquaman sculpts. I am not sure. I was going by what the original poster mentioned, which they say the one they have the ARToys sculpt. I have no idea if it's the same as yours as I don't have one myself. I hadn't planned on getting an Aquaman figure b/c I never liked the HT sculpt.

Last edited:
Got one groomed and will work on the second one
83726952_10162875498585394_2331988579678420992_n.jpg

82771328_10162875498610394_5397368006542098432_n.jpg

I cancelled mine.
Not ruling picking it up later down the line if a better sculpt comes along.
Or if I feel like maybe feel like I could live with the proportions.

But right now, The bulkiness of the suit plus the lazy rehash sculpt really bothered me.
I"m being very selective now on things I pick up, and I'm not gonna get a figure that personally once I receive it,
I"m just gonna be go, "Meh".
That's just my opinion of course. I'm sure it looks great to other people.
So congrats to those who got it.

I was planning on getting it, but this along with JL Superman I think I might leave. I reckon a year or two down the line they'll still be available, but so far they seem like figures I may end up selling down the line for something else so no point pulling the trigger.

I was planning on getting it, but this along with JL Superman I think I might leave. I reckon a year or two down the line they'll still be available, but so far they seem like figures I may end up selling down the line for something else so no point pulling the trigger.

Completely understand you there! The way Hot Toys operates (especially towards the DC Universe - they failed to do Black Manta for crying out loud), I take no chances and in the case of this Aquaman, I made the leap to get it. Plus - I didn't really want to create my own, haha

You?d figure this would had a well stacked line since this movie was huge in China. You can?t help but notice that they hold the favoritism to Disney.

Received a Flex Pay delay until April. I swear Sideshow and Hot Toys are having a laugh now. Does anyone know why this is happening when I?m seeing people receiving theirs left and right?

Received a Flex Pay delay until April. I swear Sideshow and Hot Toys are having a laugh now. Does anyone know why this is happening when I?m seeing people receiving theirs left and right?

Possibly Sideshow received some of their shipments before the Coronavirus slowed the ports in China to a crawl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate Justin's reviews. I like that he goes over 3 good and 3 bad things of the figure. Gives a sense of neutrality and unbiased look at the figure. Seen a lot of reviews who just gush over the figure whether they really like the figure or not.

Clipperking is the only other mainstream review that I've seen give the con's of a figure he's reviewing.

All that being said, I am leaning more towards the JL look as I like that look better than this. I thought I would like the more comic book accurate look, but it just comes off kind of plain and toyish IMHO.

I appreciate Justin's reviews. I like that he goes over 3 good and 3 bad things of the figure. Gives a sense of neutrality and unbiased look at the figure. Seen a lot of reviews who just gush over the figure whether they really like the figure or not.

Clipperking is the only other mainstream review that I've seen give the con's of a figure he's reviewing.

All that being said, I am leaning more towards the JL look as I like that look better than this. I thought I would like the more comic book accurate look, but it just comes off kind of plain and toyish IMHO.

I do like the more comic style look but I?m not fond of the execution of it in this figure because of the limited articulation without bunching. It?s mostly accurate to the movie but I can?t see myself displaying this on my shelf. I also like the justice league version better and would prefer it to this one but I haven?t pulled the trigger on that one either.

I?m almost tempted to get the JL version and repaint it to look like the comic version or at least similar to get the best of both worlds, articulation and comic esthetic. Has anyone tried that?

I am with you there. I think the figure looks too squat, borderline fat. The JL figure looks more svelte, more heroic. If I had my choice I would have wanted a figure based on the battle he had around the lava with Ocean Master; I loved that armor.

I do like the more comic style look but I?m not fond of the execution of it in this figure because of the limited articulation without bunching. It?s mostly accurate to the movie but I can?t see myself displaying this on my shelf. I also like the justice league version better and would prefer it to this one but I haven?t pulled the trigger on that one either.

I?m almost tempted to get the JL version and repaint it to look like the comic version or at least similar to get the best of both worlds, articulation and comic esthetic. Has anyone tried that?

That is an interesting idea, to take the JL figure and do a repaint on it with comic color scheme. I like the details in the JL suit better. I actually just pulled the trigger on the JL figure today since sideshow was offering free shipping. Don't think I'd tackle the repaint, but if anyone does would love to see how it turns out

Has anyone body swapped these? I have been holding on this because I think he looks too beefy in all the promo pics and the yellow pads on his hips looked too chunky and plasticky. It’s possible the thickness of the costume material makes him look chunky, so a thinner body might help. I figure if I get it, I’ll need to have it modded with a slightly thinner body, costume repaint to add more shading, replaced or thinned out hip pads, and rehairing. I still prefer this look, and had cancelled the JL version in favor of this one.

Last edited:
Any updates on this yet? I see Superman JL is starting to move, hopefully this one soon.

Back