Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think so, I've never tried.
Yeah, I’m thinking of getting one and removing those. I like the figure overall but those side pieces seem too bulky to my. I don’t like how much they stick out. But of course if I try to remove those pieces I would run the risk of ruining the belt …that would be catastrophic

Yeah, I’m thinking of getting one and removing those. I like the figure overall but those side pieces seem too bulky to my. I don’t like how much they stick out. But of course if I try to remove those pieces I would run the risk of ruining the belt …that would be catastrophic
I own one and honestly barely notice them.

Recently came across a very nice deal for this figure and was very tempted, but I am thinking about waiting to see why Hot Toys make from the next Aquaman.

I read that he will wear both a classic outfit like the one from his solo film (possibly the same one) and the dark blue “stealth suit”. So maybe Hot toys will make both sort of like what they did with Black Adam.

Maybe the gold and green outfit from the sequel will have an improved headsculpt, better proportions, and a more accurate belt with screen printed or attached scales/armor on his outer-thighs instead of those gold plastic pieces like the version from the first movie.

I’m not trying to bash the first gold and green figure, I think it is a nice figure, I just think there is a chance for an improved 2.0 of sorts from the Aquaman sequel.

What do you guys think?

What do you think of the figure overall?
I really like it. Of all my figures it stands out, probably the most due to the material on the covering. Plus the trident water base gives this a shelf presence you can't deny. The headsculpt isn't 100% but few are and the overall appearance helps. I love it and was thrilled to get it. The armor plating is not a distraction at all and really adds layers to the figure's appearance.

As for the sequel, I'll wait and see. If the stealth suit isn't too muted and the sculpt is closer I might bite, but as HT releases we're talking years from now. I guess some here are already predicting A2's failure, but I'm sure the original also had its early on, detractors and that was a billion dollar success story. At this point, with most peoples' attention spans, I would believe no one is going to pass on seeing the sequel just because Amber is in it. Hell, it may even be a morbid draw in some fashion.

I really like it. Of all my figures it stands out, probably the most due to the material on the covering. Plus the trident water base gives this a shelf presence you can't deny. The headsculpt isn't 100% but few are and the overall appearance helps. I love it and was thrilled to get it. The armor plating is not a distraction at all and really adds layers to the figure's appearance.

As for the sequel, I'll wait and see. If the stealth suit isn't too muted and the sculpt is closer I might bite, but as HT releases we're talking years from now. I guess some here are already predicting A2's failure, but I'm sure the original also had its early on, detractors and that was a billion dollar success story. At this point, with most peoples' attention spans, I would believe no one is going to pass on seeing the sequel just because Amber is in it. Hell, it may even be a morbid draw in some fashion.

I loved the first Aquaman movir and pulling for the second to be good and successful. But, its not looking to good. Screenings have been very bleak.

I loved the first Aquaman movir and pulling for the second to be good and successful. But, its not looking to good. Screenings have been very bleak.
Oh oh!

Then again Black Adam was mediocre at best, yet we still got a couple versions of him from Hot Toys. So I think it is not outlandish to hope for two versions to be produced from A2.

If they don’t make another gold and green version I will probably very much regret not picking up the first one.

Oh oh!

Then again Black Adam was mediocre at best, yet we still got a couple versions of him from Hot Toys. So I think it is not outlandish to hope for two versions to be produced from A2.

If they don’t make another gold and green version I will probably very much regret not picking up the first one.
I'm not concerned. No reason at this point to believe the people who made the first one suddenly forgot how to make an entertaining Aquaman movie. (y)

I'm not concerned. No reason at this point to believe the people who made the first one suddenly forgot how to make an entertaining Aquaman movie. (y)
Yeah but actually my concern is more about whether Hot Toys will make another green and gold Aquaman figure.

I expect the sequel to be on par with the first film, which to me was just ok. Maybe I was expecting too much from it, but yeah it was way more enjoyable than Black Adam.

Yeah but actually my concern is more about whether Hot Toys will make another green and gold Aquaman figure.

I expect the sequel to be on par with the first film, which to me was just ok. Maybe I was expecting too much from it, but yeah it was way more enjoyable than Black Adam.
Are you worried that if you go and buy the solo movie versin, they will come out with a part 2 green and gold? Or, you just dont go backwards.

If I had to bet, I wouldn't on HT doing another gold and green Aquaman unless it is somehow distinct from the first. Again, most likely just the stealth armor look (if that), but this is all conjecture. If you want "classic" Aquaman I'd try to pick up HT's first offering. Just my two cents.

Are you worried that if you go and buy the solo movie versin, they will come out with a part 2 green and gold? Or, you just dont go backwards.
Yeah, I am afraid that they will come out with a 2.0 green and gold figure with a better sculpt and proportions.
I hope by saying that it doesn’t seem like I am crapping on the original release bk I don’t want to do that. I love the colors on that figure and the scales are beautiful IMO. It’s just that I think the armor on his waist and outer-thighs is too bulky and should be thinner and attached to his legs and his upper body is a little to puffy looking. Also in general it’s seems like the 2.0 versions Hot Toys have been producing of late have better paint apps etc than the versions that preceded them.

If I had to bet, I wouldn't on HT doing another gold and green Aquaman unless it is somehow distinct from the first. Again, most likely just the stealth armor look (if that), but this is all conjecture. If you want "classic" Aquaman I'd try to pick up HT's first offering. Just my two cents.
Yeah that is my big fear with this. I hope that the gold and green outfit in the sequel has a lot of screen time and has some obvious differences from the first version, if not I’m probably in trouble 😱

While it's not on their current "to-do" list, there's always a chance InArt could make an Aquaman to go along with their trinity. I personally haven't liked the HT headsculpt at all so regardless of who makes one, I just want a better headsculpt at the very least.

While it's not on their current "to-do" list, there's always a chance InArt could make an Aquaman to go along with their trinity. I personally haven't liked the HT headsculpt at all so regardless of who makes one, I just want a better headsculpt at the very least.
Yeah an InArt version would be awesome, they are making some amazing headsculpts

Back