Hot Toys- ALIEN -Nostromo- KANE full spec and hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh,and I saw 2010 The Year we make Contact as well and thought it sucked.
It's kinda like The Matrix movies,the first one was always the best.If you start getting into all the explaning of things,then it starts to suck!:lol

Just to keep this off-topic a little longer... :D

2001 is a ****ing masterpiece!
It is amazing. More than a movie, it's an experience. Simply fantastic.

And just a little longer... :lol

Back in the '80s I was lucky enough to see 2001 in the theaters. An incredible looking movie on the big screen. It is a masterpiece.

VERY INTERESTING to point out that the sculpt of Kane Facehugged is the same as the Palisades bust...and they can use it since Palisades went out of business several years ago....no chance of legal action!

They could've easily photoshopped the bust in there as well. Still...don't pass something else off as your own! Bad form Hot Toys!!! Are you taking tips from Sideshow now? :monkey1

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like they completed the head molds and just wanted to show SOMETHING for their Press Release.

oh and 2001 was great, it was before my time as well....the only part I can't stand is the half-hour of surreal light rays that look like plaid t-shirts going into Dave Bowman's head during the ending. SoOOoO boring and laughable, especially considering it was supposed to actually be Bowman have some "mind-opening" experience in the book. In the film it's ridiculously silly....

Here are the newest pics of Kane.

6385_press03-001.jpg

kanech.jpg

6385_press02-001.jpg

6385_press05-001.jpg

6385_press06-001.jpg

6385_press07-001.jpg

6385_press08-001.jpg

Last edited:
Dallas looks spot on, still can't tell with Kane but I'm hopeful!

Looks to me like the coms cap is a permanent sculpt with the head, which from experience will work better than cloth, as my Dragon Astro's Buck and Buzz and the BBi U2 pilot can shift when you put the helmet on or pose the head.

I imagine that I would use the facehuggered Kane for display with the space suit, which would leave the normal Kane sculpt free, so it's a little too bad that the head covering is (likely) part of the sculpt. This would be the first 1/6 John Hurt sculpt that I know of, and I can think of a bunch of customs that I would like to use a good Hurt head sculpt for. (Hurt from the movie 1984 comes to mind first of all.) Of course, it's possible that they couldn't the rights to his likeness, and that's why they're playing it a little coy with these pictures.

Got a feeling the Helmet/Head will be one piece.
Dallas does look great and Kane will be displayed with face-hugger so likeness is not an issue.Always thought John Hurt`s rugged face would be hard to sculpt.Lol:rotfl

I also think they didn't get Hurt's rights for his likeness... too bad, but I simply had to have the figure. And the Dallas likeness is simply outstanding.

I imagine that I would use the facehuggered Kane for display with the space suit, which would leave the normal Kane sculpt free, so it's a little too bad that the head covering is (likely) part of the sculpt. This would be the first 1/6 John Hurt sculpt that I know of, and I can think of a bunch of customs that I would like to use a good Hurt head sculpt for. (Hurt from the movie 1984 comes to mind first of all.) Of course, it's possible that they couldn't the rights to his likeness, and that's why they're playing it a little coy with these pictures.

I hope they got his likeness. From the photos it looks like his head is posed that way so he's looking at the egg.

And this is probably the first Tom Skerritt sculpt. I can't think of any reason for any other sculpts of him.

Yeah a lot of first time sculpt possibilities with this line :rock From what I can see so far it does bear a resemblance to Hurt. So here's hoping he looks as nice as Dallas.

Looking at this pic again makes me think they got the sculpt for Hurt. The eyes and eyebrows seem to be right.

Yeah, I agree that the likenesses look like they are there for both Tom Skeritt (Capt. Dallas) and Kane (John Hurt) from the nose going up. I wonder if Hot Toys will make the helmets removable? :confused: I really hope so! :D

I really believe that the helmets ARE removable.
How else would someone get Kane's 2nd head on?

Furthermore, if you look at their Robocop, Predators, etc I think those would be a good indication to back up my theory because all of them also have removable helmets. (even though they could have gone the 2nd head route)

The Power Loader opens up fine and still has working lights too.
I have faith that Hot Toys knows what they're doing.

Furthermore, if you look at their Robocop, Predators, etc I think those would be a good indication to back up my theory because all of them also have removable helmets. (even though they could have gone the 2nd head route)

The Power Loader opens up fine and still has working lights too.
I have faith that Hot Toys knows what they're doing.

very good points there.:D

The "facehuggered" version consists of both a different head and a different helmet, so I think it's very possible that they are all one piece, and you just swap the head and helmet at the same time.

The "facehuggered" version consists of both a different head and a different helmet, so I think it's very possible that they are all one piece, and you just swap the head and helmet at the same time.

But you wouldn't be able to turn the head then. It would be easiest to make the helmet removable...that way you could change the head and glass covering with ease. Makes sense that way.

Executive Officer Kane features:

* Articulated 12-inch figure body with 20 points of articulation
* PVC spacesuit
* Helmet featured with clear and movable shield
* Gloved hands
* Backpack
* Shoulder pads
* Breastplate
* Searchlight
* Pistol with sheath
* Bonus Accessory: face hugger head and damaged helmet
* Portable crane
* Light-up functions in helmet and back pack
* Figure Display Base featuring 1/6th scale Alien egg

You might be able to turn the head by opening the visor.

It may come with a removeable helmet, but then why didn't they say so in the description. At this point I don't think it does. Also, why have a second helmet/head, when all they would have needed would be a facehugger, to attach, and a damaged visor.

Back