Hot Toys- ALIEN -Nostromo- KANE full spec and hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys do realize that the head sculpt HT is showing us is just a really well painted Palisades Fachugger/Victim bust right?

I've taken this pic of mine in about the same position as the HT one.

You can see that the Facehugger is the same and the hair is the same.

This is probably not the actual sculpt we'll be getting. Unless they have the rights to Palisades' sculpt.

htalien4.jpg

100_4368.jpg

Vedy interestink Sabres...

This means the HS aren't completed/approved yet as the prod listing suggests. So, we may not even see them until the product page is updated and that may be at least a month away...

They DO look quite similar. However, pay attention to ear on both headsculpts. The sculpting looks a little different.

Definitely extremely similar, but the ear, and some of the fleshy details look a bit different on the hugger (look at the long lines on the fingers for example).

Good eye though man, they do look almost identical, especially the hair. I'm leaning towards "tweaked resculpt from a mold of the bust" at this point. Still looks killer though and it wouldn't put me off from buying this bad-ass figure.

Definitely extremely similar, but the ear, and some of the fleshy details look a bit different on the hugger (look at the long lines on the fingers for example).

Good eye though man, they do look almost identical, especially the hair. I'm leaning towards "tweaked resculpt from a mold of the bust" at this point. Still looks killer though and it wouldn't put me off from buying this bad-ass figure.

It's just the paint app. The good paint app on HT's version shows more detail than the factory painted bust. It's the same.

I'm gonna have to agree with Sabres21768 on this one. It's one thing if the digits of the facehugger look the same but Kane's hair is also almost a perfect match. I think we'll see a different sculpt for the production piece. They'll be covered cause of the asterix at the bottom of the box that claims "Picture shown may vary from actual product" :D But I'm not going to worry about it, Hot Toys hasn't disappointed me so far.

Thanks for the comparison Sabres!
This actually makes me breath easier, as it means we might get a more accurate facehugger.

htalien4.jpg

aarghhhhh :monkey4

I've got a half sculpted custom of this head (sans helmet) to make Kane customs with... and they go and announce THIS??

hehe..... no biggie.... least we got a better version now :rock :rock :rock

and... space suits? damn.. these are GREAT figures. and lights and everything. I WANTS these. (and 2001 figures please Hot Toys Gods)

wow, the suit looks AMAZING. I wonder how articulation will fare. :chew

Yes sir, I think they'd be sweet. But, my guess is like all Kubrick properties they'll never see the light of day as a licensed product.

Yes sir, I think they'd be sweet. But, my guess is like all Kubrick properties they'll never see the light of day as a licensed product.

Yeah,what's up with that.?.Did Kubrick have anything to do with it?

It's kind of funny,I have just became infatuated with 2001.I watched it for the first time just last week. :monkey4 I had heard of the movie and saw some clips with the ape men when I was a kid,but never really new what the movie was about.As I got older I thought it was just some space movie about a crazy computer.:lol

Although the movie was before my time,I totally find a strong connection towards it.And to think that anyone was thinking the way Kubrick was,and to actually be able to put it on film is something that I would have never have thought would happen in 1968.

Is it bad that I've never seen 2001? I feel like I'm missing out.

(btw I've read the book by Arthur C. Clarke)

I think it has to do with the estate, not sure if Kubrick was dead-set against it or not. The discussion has come up a few times, but I don't remember the details except that chances of product are slim to none :monkey2

Thats why only companies like CRM made any figures.

2001 is awesome! i'd highly recommend you read the book by Arthur C. Clarke. It really provides a great deal on insight to the story. the screenplay was co-written by Clarke and Kubrick.

Back