Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not do what I did with the dark knight stand. Photoshop and print out a name plate on subtle gloss A4 card, glue it on to cover it up.

The stand is probably as hard to find as the figure now.

The only way you'd notice is if someone goes up with a magnifying glass.

So have been hunting for a while now for another OC at an affordable price and finally found one. So this is what I have now in terms of Batman evolution:
DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

For some reason my second OC Batman's suit(Left) is rubbery and not smooth and glossy as my first OC Batman (Right) Is that an effect of being out of the box?
8fad9cc9.jpg

V1 Dark Knight with a DX PERS head.

For some reason my second OC Batman's suit(Left) is rubbery and not smooth and glossy as my first OC Batman (Right) Is that an effect of being out of the box?

If I remember correctly in the film it was like this. With the ski mask part.

oh I know. But i'm talking about the figure itself. They're both the same exact figure, but I think the second OC Batman was an older one. So the finish on the figure was deteriorated I think. LIke it's lost it's luster.

The one on the left has felt the effects of the atmosphere on its rubber, it's what i'm afraid will eventually happen to my OC Batman which currently looks like the one on the right in terms of finish on the rubber... basically the rubber HT used is known to deteriorate over time depending on the humidity / conditions of its display. I'm not an expert, but that's what I have gathered from browsing around a bunch of forums

The one on the left has felt the effects of the atmosphere on its rubber, it's what i'm afraid will eventually happen to my OC Batman which currently looks like the one on the right in terms of finish on the rubber... basically the rubber HT used is known to deteriorate over time depending on the humidity / conditions of its display. I'm not an expert, but that's what I have gathered from browsing around a bunch of forums

Heh, Hot Toys is epic. Is that why they always say, Made in China. ¬_¬

No offense intended. :)

YES!!!!!! I got my HT TDK OC FINALLY!!!! It's used but looks mint so far. Bruce head looks actually like a better paint job than TDK V1?? I will clean it up and take some pictures tonight :D
I need my custom cape!!! What else I need to do? mod those clips and?

YES!!!!!! I got my HT TDK OC FINALLY!!!! It's used but looks mint so far. Bruce head looks actually like a better paint job than TDK V1?? I will clean it up and take some pictures tonight :D

Its a better sculpt too i think, since it has the scar under his right eye.

Congrats, Geil! It's a beautiful figure. Just make sure not too keep it in dynamic poses for too long. The rubber on the suit will start to tear after awhile. I had a Takara Bats that I posed in a fighting stance for a week and the rubber starting to erode. Never did try it with my OC Bats but I won't wanna ruin it.

Yeah I already saw some markings from a possible raised arm pose. I gotto wait till the woman is in bed to take it out of hiding :lol

What else I need to do? mod those clips and?

The cape and clips are the only things that really need work, this figure is just plain old awesome out of the box :rock

A pic for the heckofit, cause I never get tired of looking at OC bats

IMG_1049-1.jpg

OK after some cleaning and inspections
oc1r.jpg

Looks like his left shoulder has a bit of a crack developing :( I guess mine will always be in the menacing neutral position

Last edited:
Lookin' good Geil! Congrats! :D

Yeah I already saw some markings from a possible raised arm pose. I gotto wait till the woman is in bed to take it out of hiding :lol

Wow, are we ever in the same boat! :lol

yeah .... why hear the endless whining.. "another doll?" I just save it all for that one big knockout when I double my display space and still have it all filled up :D

Back