Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn those two bats look like the real thing starring at you amazing.. I am so glad San got me to go for mine :D

I have found some hands without black gloves. So it is a bit more Bruce Wayne without the batsuit :wink1:

imgp1891.jpg

imgp1893.jpg

Been fiddling with the fig for a couple days now, re-posing him and such. Stuffed some cotton into his chest/shoulder area to bulk him up a bit, think I'm happy. For now.

How'd you get the cotton in?

And did any stray fibers end up sticking to the outside, rubber surface, like dust?

cr0w, was that the DX you saved? or did you get it replaced?

Same one I've had since December. I replaced the sponge under the shirt with a paper towel and put the DX belt back on him and have had no issues with the oil since. This was about a month and a half ago.

How'd you get the cotton in?

And did any stray fibers end up sticking to the outside, rubber surface, like dust?

I just took the head off, lifted up the suit at the neck and stuffed it in. Any stray fibers I picked off.

Same one I've had since December. I replaced the sponge under the shirt with a paper towel and put the DX belt back on him and have had no issues with the oil since. This was about a month and a half ago.

Are you going to get a replacement? Aren't you afraid it will resurface? That's the only reason I'm sending mine back in. I'm afraid the oil will get worse and keep coming. Mine is in good shape right now. Only a cover of oil on the bottom 2 ab plates and a little, very minimal amount of oil on the biceps. Barely noticeable, but I'm still sending it back just in case it turns out to be a reservoir.

I just took the head off, lifted up the suit at the neck and stuffed it in. Any stray fibers I picked off.

I'll have to try that when I get home in a week or so.

Hah, go for it. Took me hours to figure something out. I'd pose it, sit down, look at it, get up, pose it, sit down, look at it...you know how it goes.

user3464_pic8185_1262409393.gif

Boy do I ever! :lol

That's why figures are so great! :rock

Are you going to get a replacement? Aren't you afraid it will resurface? That's the only reason I'm sending mine back in. I'm afraid the oil will get worse and keep coming. Mine is in good shape right now. Only a cover of oil on the bottom 2 ab plates and a little, very minimal amount of oil on the biceps. Barely noticeable, but I'm still sending it back just in case it turns out to be a reservoir.

I'll have to try that when I get home in a week or so.

Nah, I had considered getting it replaced but honestly my problem has fixed itself, and I don't really feel like going through the process HT will want me to in order to get it replaced. I'm also buying another one from the DCD shipment, so it's no big deal.

Hi,

Quick question...

My figure is in great condition. Unfortunately, I've been keeping it exposed in a closet, and it's accumulated a bit of dust. Any advice as to how to clean the suit and the cowl?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if it's the same for a Hot Toys, but using a paper towel with a small dab of water works. I wouldn't suggest using a tissue, because of those annoying white flakes it leaves behind.

I use compressed air and if stuff still sticks I use cleaning solution from my optical store and those small micro fibre cloth that come with the glasses as well

I wouldn't suggest using a tissue, because of those annoying white flakes it leaves behind.

Plus the fact tissue can be quite abrasive on rubber, well some tissues. Some kitchen roll can be quite coarse.

Yeah those white flakes are the fibers from the tissue that causes the scratches on the rubber.

I use compressed air and if stuff still sticks I use cleaning solution from my optical store and those small micro fibre cloth that come with the glasses as well

After using the compressed air I've also found the same technique on fabric works well. Wrap sellotape around your finger (sticky side facing out), dab it on your top or jeans until it takes the extreme stickiness out of it so it won't pull the rubber and gently dab it on the rubber. It then takes everything off leaving no marks or any adhesive behind. It's like the figure was taken out the box for the first time. Perfectly clean.

After using the compressed air I've also found the same technique on fabric works well. Wrap sellotape around your finger (sticky side facing out), dab it on your top or jeans until it takes the extreme stickiness out of it so it won't pull the rubber and gently dab it on the rubber. It then takes everything off leaving no marks or any adhesive behind. It's like the figure was taken out the box for the first time. Perfectly clean.

This is the technique I use...gotta make sure you take the stickyness off by dabbing it on your jeans or whatever or it can leave glue residue. Especially on this figure. Did it once with painters tape and even that left some residue and it is designed to release without leaving glue behind.

I know some guys use the fabric rollers too. After one use, they seem to be right for the job. I haven't tried it myself, but its the same basic principle.

Back