Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey i know a guy and he is offering to sell me his original hot toys batman begins from his own collection for $200 +delivery ..was in glass display and he has had if for a year.
With all the stuff hot toys are pumping out should i pick this up? because its a far better price then what u see on ebay.

Is it the original costume figure, MMS67, that was release in 2008 as part of the TDK line.

369DSC_2675_3x4.jpg

Or the original Begins figure from 05-06, MMS13.

1918.jpg

$200 seems like a lot for the outdated figure, but then both are rare so maybe it's the best option.

Well i was under the impression it was the dark knight version original ..that would be the one i want ..i will ask him again 2maro 2 clear it up which one it actually is, he was very brief in the description i got in the email.

ok thanks guys. I hope I won the right Bat :p
I wasn't going to spend that much on that figure but got carried away.

Well the description was mms13 but the pictures were mms67. So I can't Be sure if it is just a mistake in the description or purposely pulled pictures of mms67 from elsewhere. I remember seeing Joker V1 being sold but they purposely had HS pic from DX01. Well I got email replies and seller had good ratings so I hope I am indeed a owner of an OC Batman to rectify my early mistake 2yrs ago.

Hey i know a guy and he is offering to sell me his original hot toys batman begins from his own collection for $200 +delivery ..was in glass display and he has had if for a year.
With all the stuff hot toys are pumping out should i pick this up? because its a far better price then what u see on ebay.

If it's the one from the "The Dark Knight" line (the Original Suit), than $200 is an amazing price. Go for it.

If it's the original figure from the "Batman Begins" line, then I'd say $200 is a bit much. I know the price has risen a little bit recently, since it's getting to be a little more rare, but I still wouldn't spend quite that much.

I hope you got the Batman you wanted, too. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I had that Batman from Begins and he really does just not compare to the awesomeness of TDK OC Batman. That's a phenomenal figure that I'm never letting go of.

Geil I'm pretty sure got TDK:OC Batman. If not you have more than a strong case to dispute the transaction. I hope you got the right one and I'm sure you did. Great steal man. I'm sure a kit if people here will be jealous of you. I know I am. You got it at an amazing price.

Any hints that HT might rerelease that original costume? Like they did with the Superman Returns figure? I guess they've already done 2 of them so it's probably a longshot at this point.

Any hints that HT might rerelease that original costume? Like they did with the Superman Returns figure? I guess they've already done 2 of them so it's probably a longshot at this point.

No hints at all, and in fact Wookster, who posts on these boards and is privy to a lot of HT info, has said that Hot Toys are NOT planning a rerelease or OC DX. But it's a great idea, unless you're one of these collectors who views a fun hobby as an investment or a way of being obnoxious.

The best thing would be to write to DC Direct, remind them that they never actually sold this, and then casually mention that this is currently going for three times retail - would they be interested in sponsoring a reissue?

Eh...even tho there may be no immeadiate plans I think HT will eventually realize that the market is still there for this one. Especially when the third movie is coming out.

Total guess on my part tho.

Thanks guys.
Yeah I think for a used and not quite complete one the price was within reason. I would have has hard time juaitying paying much more though even for BNIB. But if HT released an updated version with all the better paint apps I would so get another one!! And they can easily DX it and throw in a much improveds HS of Bruce and a suit and it will be a very high demand kit!!
Wookster you gotto convey the message of your peeps to HT :D

Thanks guys.
Yeah I think for a used and not quite complete one the price was within reason. I would have has hard time juaitying paying much more though even for BNIB. But if HT released an updated version with all the better paint apps I would so get another one!! And they can easily DX it and throw in a much improveds HS of Bruce and a suit and it will be a very high demand kit!!
Wookster you gotto convey the message of your peeps to HT :D

QFT - go on Wookster my son, you know it makes sense.

I have a thread in the WTB section but I am looking for the stand that came with this figure. I am in need of one so bad that I am willing to pay 30 dollars and even extra for shipping. if anyone can help please let me know.

Back