Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My final payment is still set for August 25th. No email yet. We’ll see. I always expected to get this after September though

I thought I had this on flex payment but I guess not:slap

My order was a waitlist conversion & the only flex plan option had August & September payments. It's still early, so you should be able to revise your order to have the same August/September flex plan if you wish. Just start a chat with Sideshow - they'll switch it for you.

Do full payments deliver earlier than plans? Didn’t realize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose if a figure arrives early that might occur (especially if the flex plan customer doesn't pull ahead his payments), but otherwise I don't think that has any bearing on how Sideshow prioritizes shipments.

My order was a waitlist conversion & the only flex plan option had August & September payments. It's still early, so you should be able to revise your order to have the same August/September flex plan if you wish. Just start a chat with Sideshow - they'll switch it for you.

Yeah I’ll probably change it. 100 whatever a month is better than 200 whatever at once.

I’m really hoping this suit doesn’t suffer the same issue that the Advanced, Stark, and FFH suit have, which is the body being easily indented by the clamp pressure.

Does anyone think they'll ever include a Peter sculpt with any of these figures from the game? I'd consider painting the hair blond and using it for this figure. Ben Reilly is one of my favorite Marvel heroes and I'm not concerned with accuracy to the game and I think it would make a great custom. It's not a popular opinion, but I liked the clone saga and it was one of my favorite spider-man arcs as a kid. Ben is one of the few characters I'd ever bother to do a custom of, and this figure helps massively.

I think they might, they created an all new sculpt for the War Machine Punisher, even before doing a full head for Don Cheadle WM. So I can see them doing one for the game down the line. Especially if it's a figure they might want to get more people to order, a headsculpt can turn some preorders on.

Don’t see anyone else mentioning this so I’m going to. I’m not one of those hyper nit-picky people but... why do the arms look like the prototype for the Advanced suit/actual model for the Raimi suit? The biceps look super disproportionate, just huge bumps. Still a good fig, just wanted to point it out.

Don’t see anyone else mentioning this so I’m going to. I’m not one of those hyper nit-picky people but... why do the arms look like the prototype for the Advanced suit/actual model for the Raimi suit? The biceps look super disproportionate, just huge bumps. Still a good fig, just wanted to point it out.

Lol we can find something wrong on any figure... but this Spidey is just badass. Can’t lie. Can’t wait for him. I pray we get a head sculpt for him...haha.

What’s with the reviews warning people that the honeycomb pattern is screen printed? What does that entail? Is it super susceptible to wear and tear or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you use your arms to swing like that, I expect your arm would look like that. Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I too would like to know what screen printing entails for the longevity of the figure; a very legitimate question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviews are the only source if info right now, so if you don't get your answer there you probably won't get it here until more of us actually have the figure in hand... It's been out for like 4 days now so give it time.

Reviews are the only source if info right now, so if you don't get your answer there you probably won't get it here until more of us actually have the figure in hand... It's been out for like 4 days now so give it time.

Of course. It wasn’t specific to the figure, I’ve literally never heard of the term “screen printing” so I wanted to know what it did.

Of course. It wasn’t specific to the figure, I’ve literally never heard of the term “screen printing” so I wanted to know what it did.

I believe it's the same as screen printing on t-shirts. Some kind of paint or material for graphics used to go on fabric. They may be warning about the material getting stuck to itself on folds or having creases. Also, over time, those graphics will deteriorate and crack (like with old t-shirts with screen printed graphics) so those honeycomb pattern on the red part of the suit will most likely be affected.

Helps that with Spider-Man becoming the new Iron Man is that Spidey is a somewhat cheaper addiction. :)

I believe it's the same as screen printing on t-shirts. Some kind of paint or material for graphics used to go on fabric. They may be warning about the material getting stuck to itself on folds or having creases. Also, over time, those graphics will deteriorate and crack (like with old t-shirts with screen printed graphics) so those honeycomb pattern on the red part of the suit will most likely be affected.

The big difference here is an old shirt gets washed numerous times and that causes the deteriation. If it was printed on the fabric like one of the reviews said that would have looked terrible. The source material from the game had the pattern raised so I assume Hot Toys knows what their doing over someone reviewing the figure.

Back