Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big difference here is an old shirt gets washed numerous times and that causes the deteriation. If it was printed on the fabric like one of the reviews said that would have looked terrible. The source material from the game had the pattern raised so I assume Hot Toys knows what their doing over someone reviewing the figure.

These things do fall apart over time depending on use and conditions. If the raised part dries out becomes brittle over time and you move it to repose it will crack. Dean Knight (youtube guy) just had his Catwomen figures glove fall apart due to hot weather in his country a few days ago. I have had coats on a couple figures fall apart.

Hot toys just wants it to look good they are not thinking how long it will last..

I've cancelled mine at SSC so I guess that may be another going back into the pot for those still waiting to convert (if in fact it works that way at Sideshow?).

These things do fall apart over time depending on use and conditions. If the raised part dries out becomes brittle over time and you move it to repose it will crack. Dean Knight (youtube guy) just had his Catwomen figures glove fall apart due to hot weather in his country a few days ago. I have had coats on a couple figures fall apart.

Hot toys just wants it to look good they are not thinking how long it will last..

This. I mean they probably try to select the best method and/or material but within their cost restriction and profit margin on top of looking good and accurate.

The big difference here is an old shirt gets washed numerous times and that causes the deteriation. If it was printed on the fabric like one of the reviews said that would have looked terrible. The source material from the game had the pattern raised so I assume Hot Toys knows what their doing over someone reviewing the figure.

Yes, you're right. But then we're talking sixth scale here. The fabric they use is very thin/sheer and stretchy to make it behave how a suit fabric would behave at that scale. And then they have to print the honeycomb pretty thin for it to move naturally with the rest of it. I'm not knocking on the figure and their choice of material. Just speculating how the reviewer concerns could be legitimate. I hope it lasts and would actually like to own one but alas, it doesn't fit my collection theme. Only doing the MCU Avengers and not even all of them, considering the costs of these things.

I didn't get one of those. Did anyone else?

Mine is still set for Aug 15th as the final payment... which is a bit odd since it was originally ordered as waitlist and got converted.

The suit mostly made out of fabric? Also what're the odds I score one of these on the waitlist, I had no idea this was a thing till it sold out.

The suit mostly made out of fabric? Also what're the odds I score one of these on the waitlist, I had no idea this was a thing till it sold out.

It looks like a fabric/spandex material with raised rubber parts. Based on early videos from HK it looked very poseable with limited creasing but only time will tell. It might get converted but the cheapest I saw on Ebay from HK was $330 but not sure it their still on there.

It looks like a fabric/spandex material with raised rubber parts. Based on early videos from HK it looked very poseable with limited creasing but only time will tell. It might get converted but the cheapest I saw on Ebay from HK was $330 but not sure it their still on there.

Alright, so the suit sounds better than pleather at least, worse comes to worse I hope I cna get a replacement years down the road. 330$ ain't bad, but I'll tough it out till September, hopefully by then I can still score one for around there. Thanks for the info mate.

Got the delay notice this weekend. Now says September. That's okay though, it'll get here when it gets here.

I didn't get one of those. Did anyone else?

Sideshow only mails out for FP customers because of the payment dates, especially if you've got something early like the 5th. For those on full payment options you won't get anything until it's delayed out further than September.

Mine is still set for Aug 15th as the final payment... which is a bit odd since it was originally ordered as waitlist and got converted.

Give it time, the emails have known to be staggered out.

It just released in HK, so no way we're seeing this until mid-September the earliest.

I'm starting to think we won't get this until Late September/Early October. Even then it might be sent in batches.

From the time it was announced to it's release in HK was pretty quick. Maybe that trend stays the same and we get it next month! :pray:

So final payment is in september, hope that means the last bit of flipping happens then.

Is there anyways i can pay for this all early or no?

Is there anyways i can pay for this all early or no?

The only way to pay for it upfront is to buy a gift card and use the code as payment, This method has 2 significant advantages - first, obviously, you can pay upfront; Second, you gain extra reward points at sideshow: 5% from the item itself, 5% from the gift card.
The only disadvantage of using a gift card is that you must use an American credit card to buy said gift card. otherwise, it's a blast! (and thanks to becausebatman for this groundbreaking revelation)

Back