Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$251 was a little higher than I thought. Honestly I thought it’d be around $220 but given the accessories and the specialized suit, I have no issue with it. Ordered.

I hope these sell out fast so I feel better about my purchase. I was on the fence but don't want no RAGRETS later...

Not quite. Hot Toys doesn’t do SDCC exclusives.

Yeah hot toys doesnt do san diego comic con. I'm not even sure sideshow does sdcc anymore. Hot toys does this toyfair thing every year, usually the figures are over produced but pick up steam a couple years later (maria hill, hpp iron men etc).

Maybe there was a predator sdcc figure but it was probably available at toyfair as well. I think the gun metal iron man was an sdcc figure though and it had that priority preorder disaster of an ordering process.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Last year at SDCC you could walk up and buy the DS Anakin at Sideshow's booth, it was that convention's exclusive. "Toy Fair" just means "convention" basically and they have different ones for different places but they all go up on SS.

Sideshow/Hot Toys have a MASSIVE display at SDCC. They absolutely will be there. They reveal more stuff at SDCC than they do at any other convention in recent memory.

It could be limited, maybe they learnt their lesson from last year and will make less of these this year... dunno.

So is this guy limited in anyway?

Probably more limited then a normal production character, but maybe not as limited as say Neon tech or something. Whats strange is that they usually put a limit of 1 per person on their exclusives and this they don't have it so who knows.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Last year at SDCC you could walk up and buy the DS Anakin at Sideshow's booth, it was that convention's exclusive. "Toy Fair" just means "convention" basically and they have different ones for different places but they all go up on SS.

Sideshow/Hot Toys have a MASSIVE display at SDCC. They absolutely will be there. They reveal more stuff at SDCC than they do at any other convention in recent memory.

Hot Toys doesn’t do SDCC exclusives. Anything available by Hot Toys at SDCC is not an exclusive to that convention. “Toy Fair” doesn’t even mean convention. There are a few big toy fairs throughout the world in the summer, including the Shanghai Expo which is probably why Hot Toys slaps the label on these. If Hot Toys makes figures available at SDCC, those same figures are available on the Sideshow website in greater numbers than at the convention, not to mention all around the world. If a product is available everywhere on earth and the amount available at SDCC via Sideshow compared to its website is less, I wouldn’t call that a SDCC exclusive. I’d say it is available at SDCC first. The same reason we don’t call every Hot Toys figure released in Hong Kong exclusive simply because its available there first.

Order placed. Looks like my next 4 HT figures are all Spideys...

- Advanced Suit
- Spider-Punk
- Scarlet Spider
- FFH Tech Suit Re-issue

...good times.

Not really interested in the other game suits so far....but this one just got preordered.

Black Costume and 2099 I would also consider for sure.

Classic and iron spider hopefully. I love 2099 too, but if I had to choose 2, classic and iron spider would be it. No black costume in the ps4 game so doubtful they'll do that one.

The iron spider game suit looks like what Peter should have been given in Infinity war (or civil war for that matter). Little bit of mk50 inspiration there for sure.
44937266945_6499fe787b_o_4.jpg

So is it pretty much confirmed that only Sideshow will be the only game in town to preorder this from?

Also I've never purchased anything from SS before, but do they charge tax in NY or NJ?

So is it pretty much confirmed that only Sideshow will be the only game in town to preorder this from?

Also I've never purchased anything from SS before, but do they charge tax in NY or NJ?

Sideshow is the distributor in the US, so even if you buy from bbts, you are still getting it from sideshow. Its a different story if you are buying from asia. As far as tax, yes they charge it, but its the shipping that bothers me more than the tax. Expect a 19+ dollar shipping charge and then it still takes a week to get to you.

Sideshow is the distributor in the US, so even if you buy from bbts, you are still getting it from sideshow. Its a different story if you are buying from asia. As far as tax, yes they charge it, but its the shipping that bothers me more than the tax. Expect a 19+ dollar shipping charge and then it still takes a week to get to you.

Right, I understand that SS is the distributor, but is this gonna be a SS Exclusive where only they will be the ones doing the selling? Or will it be available at the other outlets such as BBTS, Timewalker, PCZ, etc?

And yikes, that shipping price sounds horrendous!

Yes, like all other toyfair exclusives

I ordered this guy, $251 was a bit much but I had $30+ in rewards so I did it, and such a quick release too. Very happy.

As for other suits, Classic 2099 is a must, Iron spidey, and that cool Cyborg one are all ones id order without hesitating. Id really like to see the classic spidey suit though (game opening) and the Mk 4 armored one, with the glowing chest and eyes

Hot Toys doesn’t do SDCC exclusives. Anything available by Hot Toys at SDCC is not an exclusive to that convention. “Toy Fair” doesn’t even mean convention. There are a few big toy fairs throughout the world in the summer, including the Shanghai Expo which is probably why Hot Toys slaps the label on these. If Hot Toys makes figures available at SDCC, those same figures are available on the Sideshow website in greater numbers than at the convention, not to mention all around the world. If a product is available everywhere on earth and the amount available at SDCC via Sideshow compared to its website is less, I wouldn’t call that a SDCC exclusive. I’d say it is available at SDCC first. The same reason we don’t call every Hot Toys figure released in Hong Kong exclusive simply because its available there first.

Mezco sells their SDCC exclusives online. Neca sells their SDCC exclusives online. Almost everyone sells them online, that doesn't mean they're not SDCC exclusives anymore because of that. Shanghai will probably get their own exclusive that they sell in person.

SS only charges tax in California as far as I know. They will almost certainly start doing it sometime this year because of all those laws going into affect. I wonder how it'll affect future preorder type purchases.

Back