Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been enjoying the great customs and images of this figure in here so much I went ahead and picked it up.

Been wanting some representation of Black Panther in my collection for a while but I could not settle on the main character. The figure seemed lacking to me...the soft, strange portrait, the plain body suit that simply didn't detract enough from the base body, the way the head almost looked like it was floating on the figure....all of these issues and more kept me from pulling the trigger. Frankly I was a little stunned that HT didn't really push the boat out for T'Challa. I'm not knocking those who chose to pick up that figure and I may regret passing on it myself one day. I'm just hoping that the inevitable figure from Black Panther 2 will address the shortcomings and be worthy of such a great character

HT certainly did not skimp on the Jaguar.
This figure is simply mesmerizing in hand...

ERIC KILLMONGER-001.jpg

The detail, the proportions, the fit of the suit are all just amazing.

ERIC KILLMONGER-003.jpg

And to top it off with that absolutely show-stopping portrait. There have been some that have complained that it needed more intensity like gritted teeth or a smirk. I couldn't disagree more. Playing with angles and light with this one reveals a great balance of strength and vulnerability that perfectly captures this misbegotten king. I can't wait to snap more shots under different conditions.

In the meantime, these are some right-out of the box shots to express my enthusiasm for this great figure!

Thank you! Here are a few more with some natural light....

ERIC KILLMONGER-006.jpg

So much detail and texture!

ERIC KILLMONGER-007.jpg

...and that head sculpt is just fantastic.

ERIC KILLMONGER-005.jpg

I work on some more with the helmet on and some dynamic poses later....
Always ready to see more shots for some inspiration!

Your Killmonger looks really cool, job well done

would you mind sharing your recipe for your tactical kilmonger? it looks amazing and I'd really love to try and build one to put with my black panther.

also anyone have ideas or leads on the Wakandan Mask that killmonger stole in the beging of the movie?

Thank you! Here are a few more with some natural light....

View attachment 484708

So much detail and texture!

View attachment 484709

...and that head sculpt is just fantastic.

View attachment 484710

I work on some more with the helmet on and some dynamic poses later....
Always ready to see more shots for some inspiration!

Excellent photos!!! :clap I'm ever so glad HT made Killmonger, a memorable MCU villain. Agree, this EK figure is more striking than the BP figure.

I wonder what body they used, it's more buff and well proportioned than either of the T'Challa figures.

I still wanna get the HT sculpt parted out, but I never see it for sale anywhere, except for $130 on Ebay.

Yes indeed. The proportions are one of the most convincing features on this figure....

ERIC KILLMONGER-012.jpg

It's not the easiest to pose....great care is needed, and I certainly wouldn't leave it in any dynamic pose too long to avoid stress on the suit.
That said, it doesn't take much to create some good drama with this one...

ERIC KILLMONGER-008.jpg

I know those raised gold lines aren't quite movie-accurate being so thick, but they don't detract from the figure's appearance.
If anything, the heighten the contrast between the patterns and textures really well. This outfit is just amazing, really well rendered.

ERIC KILLMONGER-010.jpg

Can't take my eyes of this thing...just fantastic.

Not so surprising Zurdo, the mask is fantastic, but that MBJ sculpt is great also!

Yeah! While I like most of my figures geared up and masked, I feel it necessary to utilize the MBJ sculpt to capture more of the character, in my opinion.

Great shot, optical20!

Right now, he's displayed with the Jordan sculpt...it's just too good to "cover up"!

ERIC KILLMONGER-014.jpg

There is just such a lethal elegance to the look of this figure. Truly mesmerizing on display.

Yeah, I see what you guys mean about using the unmasked sculpt. HT was able to capture a very dignified yet intense expression on this sculpt!

I can't believe this figure is almost knocked off of the front page (Marvel).Bringing it to the front again (with a lighting adjustment):

ERIC KILLMONGER-016.jpg

Back