Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And those that have been collecting for a few years and have experience with figures with costumes like these - are these made out of the same material like HT Selina Kyle that eventually crack and peel off?

He most likely will unfortunately. The Wakanda throne is also selling out. Just how is it is with people reacting to the news.

And those that have been collecting for a few years and have experience with figures with costumes like these - are these made out of the same material like HT Selina Kyle that eventually crack and peel off?

I?d like to know too

I believe the material that was pealing on her was the leatherette parts (Glove/Boots) and not the suit material. At least that's how it was on mine.

Does anyone know how to paint like this?

uYDsRKY.png

It looks great but wouldn't the paint crack and chip the instant you bent an arm or a leg?

Not all paints dry crispy, Hot Toys painted it in the first place after all. Dunno what they're using to fix the suit but hobby shop acrylics have stayed flexible in my experience. I think surface prep is more important to get good adhesion than anything

It looks great but wouldn't the paint crack and chip the instant you bent an arm or a leg?

Not necessarily. What they've done in that pic looks more to me like a drybrushing of black over the gold piping and not much else. I'd not be too concerned about that.

I do know of 1/12 and 1/10 customizers who would put a bit of liquid latex into their paint when they would work up capes and robes so as to avoid compromising the flexibility. I can't speak to the efficacy of that myself, though.

Just a heads up, this now has a 5 minute reserve when added to cart on sideshow. Stock must be getting low. Placed my order.

Back