Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/4 is not going to sell as good as 1/6.

When people see how they look, their opinions will change and they will pick it up. Look at the Enterbay 1/4 T2 with all the naysayers before the promotional pictures came out; and then the in-hand final product. They will bite and get Hot Toys 1/4.

People think that their 1/6 figures are getting crazy expensive, I can't even imagine how much their 1/4 figs will be.

Yeah, this is my concern. It will depend on how they are made (what material) pose-able or not, and the price. It may look amazing but Sideshow has already gone way past my price point. And HT 1/6 is too expensive in my eyes, so I don't know what to think about 1/4. And I only collect 1/4 scale now.

Also, if HT gets 1/4 for Avengers, does this mean Sideshow is out?

Yeah, this is my concern. It will depend on how they are made (what material) pose-able or not, and the price. It may look amazing but Sideshow has already gone way past my price point. And HT 1/6 is too expensive in my eyes, so I don't know what to think about 1/4. And I only collect 1/4 scale now.

Also, if HT gets 1/4 for Avengers, does this mean Sideshow is out?

images

IMO Sideshow will still be relevant as they do some more origin related work. Hot Toys has more movie related stuff even though they seem to have a comic line launching, it's mostly anime related.

There's no way I could start collecting 1/4 figures...prices will be insane!

There's no way I could start collecting 1/4 figures...prices will be insane!

:goodpost: :exactly: 1/4 will price out a lot of collectors. Not many people can afford to spend $400-$600 on a doll. The 1/6 is already pricing a lot of people out as is.

I might buy one or town of the 1/4 but I will not be collecting them like the 1/6.

If anything, they should have done the opposite and got into a smaller scale. That way we could get more vehicles and dioramas and stuff. Also lower price.

Is anyone else completely sick of all these HT Announcements? NOW ANNOUNCING THE NEW THIS, NOW ANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF THIS FIGURE, NOW ANNOUNCING TONS OF STUFF YOU WONT SEE FOR MONTHS ON END!

Please stop with these lame ass announcements, and provide us with some pics. I feel bad for the GL fans, and the MGS fans who will most likely never see those figs.

With how badly I want 1/4 movie Avengers statues...I will definitely be keeping a close eye on HT. Of course in the end it will be about the prices. Even if the statues are pure brilliance, if my wallet can't handle it, I'm not going to bite. But with how Rogue looked, and with how Faith looked at Con, I'm now not opposed to looking elsewhere for statues.

I still have Sideshow's back. I just need to get a few more of my orders in hand before I make any decisions. But they have always been very, very good to me. So I try to return the favor.

I've never been a fan of HT due to their prices, but their sculpts truly are unbelievable. So..bring it!

Is anyone else completely sick of all these HT Announcements? NOW ANNOUNCING THE NEW THIS, NOW ANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF THIS FIGURE, NOW ANNOUNCING TONS OF STUFF YOU WONT SEE FOR MONTHS ON END!

Please stop with these lame ass announcements, and provide us with some pics. I feel bad for the GL fans, and the MGS fans who will most likely never see those figs.

Well I wouldn't give up on those just yet, the Metal boss figure is out there so I'm sure hot toys want to release something from Metal gear soon, and hey we eventually did get something from Avatar.

I am trying to tell myself that I wouldn't buy any 1/4 scale stuff, as I already can barely find room for the 1/6 scale stuff. But then I think about a 1/4 scale Iron Man from the Avengers trailer...

AFIeN.jpg

Wrd2Z.jpg

And I know I would be screwed. :lol

It'll destroy the PF

Sideshow higher ups must really be pissed right about now

I don't think it will. SS will still be the only one doing PF scale stuff from Comic Based Superheroes, Star Wars, GIJoe ect.

And I bet SS knew about this well before the rest of the world did this morning.

I'm absolutely sure that Sideshow knew about this before any of us did but the fact is that it will draw a line in the sand between HT and SSC in terms of these two particular film licenses. If a SSC Captain America Avengers PF is $350 and a 1:4 HT Captain America Avengers figure is $275 then it's a no brainer. Even Enterbay's pricing of the T-800 is comparable to the price of a PF so I don't see HT going higher than that at first, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if the first few releases were "affordable" in order to build a base of customers.

With DC it looks like it'll be Sideshow focusing on the Comic side with HT focusing on the film side. I wonder if that is where we'll start to see things heading for Marvel as well and if this will eventually mean that we might see Sideshow making comic versions of the Marvel heroes in 1:6.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing but the possibilities for HT to corner this market is outstanding. Imagine a TT in 1:4? The idea that you could kit bash something in that scale? The Marty McFlys, House, Dexters, done in that scale? Imagine if they released a TT and a "Man suit" with their Iron Man Mark VII? You could have a 1:4 Iron Man and a 1:4 Tony Stark bashed theoretically for the price of one PF.

Back