Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its make or break time for Sideshow to improve their production paint apps.
:lecture

And I'm not thinking about a return to the status quo prior to their previous series of snafus, but genuine improvement. I am a big fan of Sideshow's licenses, sculpts, and overall design choices. But the paint apps really can't hang with HT.

A 1:4 Iron Man, I am ____ing in!

Interestingly enough a 1:4 figure with cloth is essentially a poseable PF just with no poly. If it comes underneath the prices of PFs of the film for examples it'll be a no brainer to go this route. So while they are doing this to kill off Enterbay they've created an alternative to Sideshow as well. If they could scale up their Captain America for example I'd definitely go with that over Sideshow's option.

Whoah?! Well, this is surprising..but come to think of the history bet. HT & EB & their competiton, this won't come in surprise as HT really wants to monopolize this hobby. :monkey1

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can still handle the price of a 1/4th scale figure assuming that the price will be similar to EB's 1/4th figures (I hope not) since right now, I'm already having a hard time keeping up w/ the releases in 1/6th format. :slap I just hope, like many of the guys here that their QC in 1/6th is still on top of the game & won't changed cause of this added format. :pray:

A 1:4 Iron Man, I am ____ing in!

Interestingly enough a 1:4 figure with cloth is essentially a poseable PF just with no poly. If it comes underneath the prices of PFs of the film for examples it'll be a no brainer to go this route. So while they are doing this to kill off Enterbay they've created an alternative to Sideshow as well. If they could scale up their Captain America for example I'd definitely go with that over Sideshow's option.

:exactly:

Like they said, it's a double egde sword.

Interestingly enough a 1:4 figure with cloth is essentially a poseable PF just with no poly.
That's what I've been thinking, too. Characters with exposed joints might still be preferable if done by Sideshow, but if you've got a choice between exposed joints and sub-par paint apps. . .

I just hope this provides some competition that Sideshow can use to up its game. I do want to see both companies succeed, and frankly, I would rather support Sideshow over HT in their 1/4 scale efforts if possible.

That's what I've been thinking, too. Characters with exposed joints might still be preferable if done by Sideshow, but if you've got a choice between exposed joints and sub-par paint apps. . .

Only an issue though for some figures, ones like Cap in FA or Spider-Man the exposed joints would be a non-issue because you wouldn't see them. Interesting move indeed.

People think that their 1/6 figures are getting crazy expensive, I can't even imagine how much their 1/4 figs will be.

Or even interchangable parts....an unmasked ex is meh if HT is just going to include them

Back