Hot Toys 1/4 Avengers Announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh. will never get into 1/4. NEVER!!!

well maybe just a 1/4 mark 1.

and mark 3.

might as well get the mark 2. and war machine.

and 1/4 christopher reeve superman. might as well get batman to complete the world's finest.

oh no! a 1/4 boba fett!!!:blissysmi

:lol

It's funny because this will happen with a lot of the people saying "meh. will never get into 1/4. NEVER!!!"

Yeah, I can see that happening, and then once people realize, hey, I can find the space for a couple, maybe 4-5 of these. But where do I display they other 4-5 figures.

Before you know it the secondary market will be flooded with 1/4 figures, and the bubble will begin to burst.

Damn. Poor Enterbay. HT just does not let up at all. They won't even let Enterbay try to do something different so that they can survive in a collectible market where Hot Toys has essentially monopolized the high end 1/6th scale field. :lol

Yeah, I can see that happening, and then once people realize, hey, I can find the space for a couple, maybe 4-5 of these. But where do I display they other 4-5 figures.

Before you know it the secondary market will be flooded with 1/4 figures, and the bubble will begin to burst.
I'm not so sure. 1/4 scale statues flourish in that market.

I'm really curious to see how these looks when all is said and done. Will they look like SSC PF's but with awesome paint apps or SSC PF's with wonky joints?

I'm really curious to see how these looks when all is said and done. Will they look like SSC PF's but with awesome paint apps or SSC PF's with wonky joints?
If the former, I'm not sure I would have any reason to buy from Sideshow anymore apart from the Joes :(

:lol

It's funny because this will happen with a lot of the people saying "meh. will never get into 1/4. NEVER!!!"
Nah the only 1/4 collectible I have - Sil maquette.
Maybe in time I'll get 1/4 Alien from original movie to display it with her.
And dats all.

BUT if HT goona make both - I'll take it :lol:lol:lol

I agree, but as a company, they need to eliminate all competitors in order to stay on top and monopoly the market and price.

its is never good to let 1 company monopolize a single market, in effect this allows them to have total control, what gets made, prices etc, its always best to have costant competition to keep them on their toes.

this announcement of 1/4 scale sucks balls - the prices will be ridiculous, international shipping will be thru the roof, i aint got no space to collect a whole line of 1/4 figures. the only 1/4 scale collectibles ive got are iconic premium formats which is about 2-3 atm. I just hope they still give 100% effort and focus to 1/6th.

I just hope they still give 100% effort and focus to 1/6th.

:exactly:

They should have the 1/4th figures made by another team of sculptors or division. That way they can give 100% to both scales.
That should guarantee the quality of both formats and keep most of the collectors happy.

:exactly:

They should have the 1/4th figures made by another team of sculptors or division. That way they can give 100% to both scales.
That should guarantee the quality of both formats and keep most of the collectors happy.

The upcoming 1/4th collectibles will be even more finely sculpted and sophisticated, bringing to fans with even more details and interestingness! To show our enthusiasm for this project, we have assigned a special team to be specialized in the 1/4th scale collectible development and they will be incorporating our latest technique to upraise the quality level, which will be leading the 1/4th collectibles to another milestone and must bring much surprise to fans!

Looks like they have for now.

the 1/4 scale stuff is prolly those busts HT makes

320661_10150319801567344_58690437343_8298653_802049877_n.jpg

It says figures.

No, sure haven't. I'll believe it when I see it.
They aren't afraid to abandon stuff that doesn't sell well, so who knows what might happen with this development.

That's true but i guess all we can do is wait and see.

I would much rather have a 1/4 scale HT quality figure than a 1/4 scale SS quality PF/statue now after more of Sideshow's QC issues.

I would much rather have a 1/4 scale HT quality figure than a 1/4 scale SS quality PF/statue now after more of Sideshow's QC issues.

That's why i'm really happy that HT are now going to make some 1/4 stuff because most of my collection is 1/4, so this news is awesome for me.

Back