Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, for f%$# sake.

"You have a message from Mr. Godot."

"Yes Sir."

"He won't come this evening."

"No Sir."

"But he'll come tomorrow."

"Yes Sir."

"Without fail."

"Yes Sir."

sigh ...

Why can't they just take the final payment and ship it when they have it. I don't mind if they take the final payment even if they don't have it yet. The budgeting on my end is a lot easier when the money is taken out when it was supposed to.

It could be that they can't be certain that they will have it ready for October.

I'm really pissed off with the delay with no explanation. $300 almost paid and with no mention why it has been delayed. I think we are due an explanation!

Well, I would imagine they are preparing themselves for the inevitable spamming of every social media site that features the new Robo.
"here is my melting ED-209 Hot Toys!!"

:lol

Yeah really they just say " oh well its only 1 figure, move on. " They make no apology or reparation at all for what they did.

Because people will still clamour to buy their next figure/s, despite an ever growing list of figures with major QC problems. So why would they care or even do anything to fix the problem?

Oh, look, shiny!

I'm in for this guy. My first die cast figure. Should be interesting.

The stuff about ED-209 (a $400 dollar figure with QC problems?) is wild to me, but I love me some RoboCop so I gotta get this one.

And I told you guys October lol.

I was going to get ED and the Robocop with chair. Before I had time to get excited about Robo-Murphy the ED-209 debacle happened and now I'm not getting any of them. I wish I could say that I have sworn off Hot Toys altogether but there is the police shootout Terminator that I don't think I can be without.

Batman Armory is out now, I guess Robocop is to be the last one out.
Yeah, Heartbreaker will probably be next and Robocop last.

10547683_10152216458687344_3396157652520786795_n.jpg

Batman Armory is out now, I guess Robocop is to be the last one out.

Yeah, Heartbreaker will probably be next and Robocop last.

Come on, you guys are killing me! RoboCop's got to be coming before Heartbreaker? Right? Sideshow has Robo slated for October, HB for November.

And to think, this was put up for PO on May 30, 2013. :banghead

Come on, you guys are killing me! RoboCop's got to be coming before Heartbreaker? Right? Sideshow has Robo slated for October, HB for November.

And to think, this was put up for PO on May 30, 2013. :banghead
Hope you're right about Robocop being next. And yeah, these pre-order durations are absurd. I calculated it out today and the Mark 42 took 510 days from "pre-order" to "shipped" for me.

Hope you're right about Robocop being next. And yeah, these pre-order durations are absurd. I calculated it out today and the Mark 42 took 510 days from "pre-order" to "shipped" for me.

By the time it's all said and done, it may also take 510 days for RoboCop to reach us.

But I have a good feeling about this. I think we get pics of Robo within the next week or so.

The final production faceplates on the TDK Armory Batman have me worried about Robocop's. The specs/pics on the Batman prototype looked great, the expressions on the faceplates were dead on and just as good as the QS 1/4. Then, well, the final production piece happened and all the faceplates save for 1 are horrible. How are you going to produce 4 alternate expressions and only nail one? Quantity over quality I guess.

Anyway, I love all of Robo's faces on the prototype. The neutral, the gritting "shut down" teeth, even the "your move" face is pretty great. I really hope those sculpts don't get lost with the final production pieces.

The final production faceplates on the TDK Armory Batman have me worried about Robocop's. The specs/pics on the Batman prototype looked great, the expressions on the faceplates were dead on and just as good as the QS 1/4. Then, well, the final production piece happened and all the faceplates save for 1 are horrible. How are you going to produce 4 alternate expressions and only nail one? Quantity over quality I guess.

Anyway, I love all of Robo's faces on the prototype. The neutral, the gritting "shut down" teeth, even the "your move" face is pretty great. I really hope those sculpts don't get lost with the final production pieces.

I've been pondering about this as well. If the production mouth pieces look anything like the quality(or lack there of) of the new TDK batman, then I'll cancel.

Back