1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone picked up more than one of the Robocop 3 figure, put them side by side, and found the paint to be noticeably different? I know we all thought the copy Sideshow unboxed for their First Look seemed indistinguishable from the original release.
I haven’t seen 2 side by side from the latest release, but I can verify what the others say, that the colours shift greatly depending on the light and the angle. Some of these pics have captured that really well.

I had the original figure on the bottom detolf shelf and it looked pretty good as the lights were dimmer down there and some of the purple and blue tones of the figure showed up subtly.

When I got the new Robocop 3 figure it was too dark down there initially on the bottom shelf so I moved it to a higher up shelf and the brighter lights toned it down a bit. :lol Now I'm used to it and can move it around but lighting makes a big difference.

Looking at videos, the figure looks tall. Sideshow list the figure as 11.81 iches. Is this accurate?

Sorry, I have an acrylic display case that is 13 inches tall, and I am not sure if Robocop will fit
standing on the base.

Thanks,

Looking at videos, the figure looks tall. Sideshow list the figure as 11.81 iches. Is this accurate?

Sorry, I have an acrylic display case that is 13 inches tall, and I am not sure if Robocop will fit
standing on the base.

Thanks,
Just measured mine for you. He's coming in at 320mm when he's on the stand. That's 12.6 inches. It'd fit, but you'd be restricted with posing options that's all.

Got this one coming. Paid an eye watering 499,- eu for it, but missing a 1/6 Robocop in my collection is something that had to be fixed. And I'm kinda glad I got this one with the accessories. Fits every movie and game as far as I'm concerned.

Here's a before and after look at a modded figure I took for a sales post. I feel like the semi gloss really helps get the blacks looking less toylike and plastic-y. I modded out the gaps in the shoulders and wrists as well. I have two different techniques to achieve this now. One alters the inside of the shoulders, the other process means altering the joint inside the torso to allow the arms to slide in flush. Either seem to work well. The torso mod technique is a bit easier, as I just had to dremel and sand plastic. The shoulder technique means opening up the arm and dremeling metal, which takes longer.

BA.jpg

Here's a before and after look at a modded figure I took for a sales post. I feel like the semi gloss really helps get the blacks looking less toylike and plastic-y. I modded out the gaps in the shoulders and wrists as well. I have two different techniques to achieve this now. One alters the inside of the shoulders, the other process means altering the joint inside the torso to allow the arms to slide in flush. Either seem to work well. The torso mod technique is a bit easier, as I just had to dremel and sand plastic. The shoulder technique means opening up the arm and dremeling metal, which takes longer.

View attachment 691338
Does that mean you're selling the modded figure? If so, please DM me.

Yeah, it's in the sales section. Second one I've modded now. I really enjoy working on them. When I see them at a low price, I scoop them up to tinker with.

Dang. Literally bought a new one last week waiting for it to arrive, I'm from Europe though would have loved this one.

Got mine, love it. Is it worth 499 eu? F... no. But it sure is an eye catcher on the shelf. Now on to Batman '89 reissue. The only money Hot Toys will ever get from me after that is when they release a Jungle Hunter 2.0, and if they revisit the resident evil line and release Jill and Chris from the first game. Any good third party will do for the resident evil ones, or Dam Toys when they wake up.

Hey good news. Having compared the new internal joint mechanism for the arms/neck, it looks like HT is using a bigger beefier plastic. Even though it's clear, it appears much thicker and less transparent, even the neck joint. Hopefully this prevents all the cracking problems seen on the earlier version.

View attachment 674971
I need your advice. I would like to mod the figure using your 2nd method. May I know how do you open the body to access the internal joint mechanism?

I need your advice. I would like to mod the figure using your 2nd method. May I know how do you open the body to access the internal joint mechanism?
You have to carefully pop off his back plate. I pushed it off by pressing a small plastic tool against the inside of it from the top collar opening. Just go slow and use gentle pressure, as it’s a thin fragile piece of plastic. Once you do that, you just remove the screws.

IMG_3951.jpeg

You have to carefully pop off his back plate. I pushed it off by pressing a small plastic tool against the inside of it from the top collar opening. Just go slow and use gentle pressure, as it’s a thin fragile piece of plastic. Once you do that, you just remove the screws.

View attachment 694940
Hi Rory, for the body joint mod, may I know where you dremel?

Back