1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stopped myself at only the figs of characters I like or have some attachment to. I love SW, but limited myself to only Luke, Vader and Yoda.
Good advice. I can see myself getting a Vader/Luke pair as their confrontations are iconic of my generation, but I'd probably stop with that setup.

Good advice. I can see myself getting a Vader/Luke pair as their confrontations are iconic of my generation, but I'd probably stop with that setup.
For Star Wars, I picked up HT Jedi Luke, and when the Mando version was released, I picked up the head, gloves hands, black cloak, and Grogu, all parted out, so I can keep it at 1 Luke, but two looks, and an improved head sculpt. For Vader, I've been waiting for HT to release a 1/6 ROTJ Vader for sooo many years, and at last that is about to become a reality. That has meant bypassing every other Vader release over the years, until this one. Sometimes you just have to be patient.

I also have HT Yoda and Palpy w/ throne, but am considering letting those go. As other have said, you're constantly reevaluating your collection, and one of the best things about this hobby is that most figures retain their value, if they don't appreciate, should you decide to sell. It's rare to lose money on a figure, unless of course it becomes damaged, or is over produced. The only figure I've ever lost money on when reselling is Endgame Iron Man, BD version. HT just made way too many. Hence why I am now staying away from MCU releases.

For Star Wars, I picked up HT Jedi Luke, and when the Mando version was released, I picked up the head, gloves hands, black cloak, and Grogu, all parted out, so I can keep it at 1 Luke, but two looks, and an improved head sculpt. For Vader, I've been waiting for HT to release a 1/6 ROTJ Vader for sooo many years, and at last that is about to become a reality. That has meant bypassing every other Vader release over the years, until this one. Sometimes you just have to be patient.

I also have HT Yoda and Palpy w/ throne, but am considering letting those go. As other have said, you're constantly reevaluating your collection, and one of the best things about this hobby is that most figures retain their value, if they don't appreciate, should you decide to sell. It's rare to lose money on a figure, unless of course it becomes damaged, or is over produced. The only figure I've ever lost money on when reselling is Endgame Iron Man, BD version. HT just made way too many. Hence why I am now staying away from MCU releases.
I still have ssc Vader deluxe from way back. It was a solid release when HT weren’t doing SW, but now I hope to upgrade to Rotj version to bring it to the next level for such a special character, I’ve held off too because he’s the one I wanted from the OT

For Star Wars, I picked up HT Jedi Luke, and when the Mando version was released, I picked up the head, gloves hands, black cloak, and Grogu, all parted out, so I can keep it at 1 Luke, but two looks, and an improved head sculpt. For Vader, I've been waiting for HT to release a 1/6 ROTJ Vader for sooo many years, and at last that is about to become a reality. T
You must be reading my mind. I was also weighing up wether I should get Mando Luke to pose against Vader, even if the scene wouldn't be canonically accurate, it would still look amazing with the detail on that Luke.

IMG_1654.jpeg

My OCP ID card signed by Dr. Peter Weller came in the other day, looks good with Robo!

Hahaha. Um...yeah, about that Batwing...

View attachment 683414

Jazzinc was my gateway drug. I bought the Batwing and said I'd stop, then realised I needed a figure to match...and, well, you know how this story goes.

I really want an ED-209 now that I have Murphy, but they're so expensive on eBay and I'm worried about the rubber deterioration.
do you guys always eat outside?

Received this yesterday finally from PopCultcha, surprised how much the updated paint shows under the detolf lights. Was expecting a very subtle improvement over the original based on previous pictures but this is more pronounced than I expected.
Ha, got mine from Popcultcha yesterday as well. And I have to agree the paint looks phenomenal in hand.

The only thing I don't love is how I can't push the arms in as tight as I could with my original figure. Which I suppose is due to the new joint they're using, but it's a shame they've created more of an unsightly gap there now.

20240117_183702x.jpg

20240117_183954x.jpg

Ha, got mine from Popcultcha yesterday as well. And I have to agree the paint looks phenomenal in hand.

The only thing I don't love is how I can't push the arms in as tight as I could with my original figure. Which I suppose is due to the new joint they're using, but it's a shame they've created more of an unsightly gap there now.

View attachment 684208

View attachment 684209
Great pose and pics! :clap My joints were so stiff I didn't want to mess with it much as the figure arrived still frozen after the ice storm we had yesterday.

Received this yesterday finally from PopCultcha, surprised how much the updated paint shows under the detolf lights. Was expecting a very subtle improvement over the original based on previous pictures but this is more pronounced than I expected.
You're right. I think they nailed it. The promo pictures made it look like it was going to be very blue, like Robocop 2, which I know some people wanted. But for me, it's perfect. I think they wound up with Robocop 1 colours.

View attachment 683832

My OCP ID card signed by Dr. Peter Weller came in the other day, looks good with Robo!
Is this the original Robocop Hot Toys release?

View attachment 684208

View attachment 684209
Did you repaint this or is this stock out of the box? I can't imagine these are the same figure!

Is this the original Robocop Hot Toys release?

Did you repaint this or is this stock out of the box? I can't imagine these are the same figure!
That's right out of the box. The bluer tones just come out more in dimmer lighting than if you're in a brightly lit room (which was the case with the original figure as well) .

That's right out of the box. The bluer tones just come out more in dimmer lighting than if you're in a brightly lit room (which was the case with the original figure as well) .
Latest Robocop 3 version.
Wow, I mean I get the difference in lighting but it's still really hard to believe those are the same release.

Almost makes me think they didn't all come out of the factory the same way. Has anyone picked up more than one of the Robocop 3 figure, put them side by side, and found the paint to be noticeably different? I know we all thought the copy Sideshow unboxed for their First Look seemed indistinguishable from the original release.

Wow, I mean I get the difference in lighting but it's still really hard to believe those are the same release.

Almost makes me think they didn't all come out of the factory the same way. Has anyone picked up more than one of the Robocop 3 figure, put them side by side, and found the paint to be noticeably different?

I can almost guarantee they all look the same for the most part. As Dave stated, it all depends on the lighting. I have bright white lighting at home. You’ll get more of a blue tint on dimmer settings. Here’s the figure before I took it out….

IMG_0738.jpeg

I can almost guarantee they all look the same for the most part. As Dave stated, it all depends on the lighting. I have bright white lighting at home. You’ll get more of a blue tint on dimmer settings. Here’s the figure before I took it out….

View attachment 689205
Thanks, yeah that's more obviously darker than my original release. It's the side-by-side comparisons like Dean Knight's video that make me go, "wow the new one looks almost exactly like he's supposed to".
robos01.jpg

robos02.jpg

Almost makes me think they didn't all come out of the factory the same way. Has anyone picked up more than one of the Robocop 3 figure, put them side by side, and found the paint to be noticeably different? I know we all thought the copy Sideshow unboxed for their First Look seemed indistinguishable from the original release.
Sideshow uses some really bright, washed out lighting in their videos so it's never a great way to judge anything.

Back