Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was so close to pulling the trigger on the bay for a mint sealed avengers version. Finger about snipe at the last second but couldn't do it. This really goes for $650+? Seems insane for a toy. Such a nice figure though.

I'm only focusing on Avengers stuffs and the MK6 really doesn't fit into it.

How much do you think I should release this? Pink panties included! :lol

20150924_141304.jpg

MKVI is still an avengers armour. He used it almost the entire way through Avengers Assemble.

I know that, but this particular version isn't made for The Avengers though. The limited edition costs about 1700 now, not gonna pay for that :lol

I know that, but this particular version isn't made for The Avengers though. The limited edition costs about 1700 now, not gonna pay for that :lol
The only difference is the box and base. If your only focusing on the avengers and not keeping it in the box, what difference does it make?

Personally I prefer the IM2 version to the Avengers one. I just like the armour, and the base is more interested. Sure I could sell the Avengers version for more in the future but that's not why I collect these things.
Having said that I don't have either yet!

The only difference is the box and base. If your only focusing on the avengers and not keeping it in the box, what difference does it make?

I understand, but the OCD in me doesn't :lol

Man, having comments like these makes me want to keep the figure even more! :rock thanks guys.

I've got both versions of the Mark VI, love both I couldn't part with either one. I know I will never find the Joint Promo one. (They only made 16 of those) Joint promo has a different head sculpt, and base.

Love to get either the Avengers MK VI or the IM2 MK VI but the prices are crazy. Hopefully people will lower the prices when the diecast version of the MK VI comes out. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the prices are pretty high.

Auel-I know how you feel. Really. I'm that way my self. If I collect I go all in. Like "all" in.

Hi there Freaks I know this has been talked in the past for quite a bit. Im just wondering who do you recommend in the US or Mexico preferably to fix the " Pink Panties " on my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV . I can do the quick fix but I rather have a pro do it so it matches the metallic look like on the rest of the armor.

1505251_10156421529065565_4240681650309851948_n.jpg
535271_10156421529060565_7728444876856991868_n.jpg

Hi there Freaks I know this has been talked in the past for quite a bit. Im just wondering who do you recommend in the US or Mexico preferably to fix the " Pink Panties " on my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV . I can do the quick fix but I rather have a pro do it so it matches the metallic look like on the rest of the armor.

It's fairly easy to do. If you have one of those cheap little airbrushes and the right kind of paint. I have done a few and they always look a lot better afterwards. No special skills involved.

It's fairly easy to do. If you have one of those cheap little airbrushes and the right kind of paint. I have done a few and they always look a lot better afterwards. No special skills involved.

many Thanks, I know Gaia Red paint right? Since I dont have an airbrush or know how to use one I can use cans right? and then clear coat it right? my only question is will it have the metallic effect like the rest of the armor once its repainted?

many Thanks, I know Gaia Red paint right? Since I dont have an airbrush or know how to use one I can use cans right? and then clear coat it right? my only question is will it have the metallic effect like the rest of the armor once its repainted?

Don't use a spray can. Just buy a cheap spray gun and a can of propellant. That way you get *exactly* the paint you need and can regulate the flow.
Use any combination of "airbrush hobby spraygun nails tattoo" on Ebay and you will find them cheaply.
0.8mm Cup Siphon-Feed Airbrush With 22CC Single Action Craft Cake Hobby Paint | eBay
Just remove the hip armour, and spray the paint right on the faded old paint.

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

Or if you live close to harbor freight...they got sub 20 air brushes. Work pretty well. You'll need a compressor though.

You can rattle can it. Won't be as good but a lot cheaper if you don't have the tools. Tamiya paints are what hot toys uses for prototypes mostly (and mr color/hobby)
If u do have or get an air brush I have a friend that makes the same paint colors we used on the 1/1 suits on set. 10-15 bucks with shipping for more then enough. I got him the paint codes and what not from when I was on set years ago. Let me know if you need a link to his site.

As for how...the above post is a good easy way. I'd do one extra step though. Scuff the old paint just a little. Brillo pad or 800 grit sand paper. Otherwise you risk debond later.

You may lose some of the detail but as long as you don't saturate it with paint it will still be there. You can always add them back. Tamiya makes a very easy to use product that will work. Panel line accent I think it's called. You use it after you let the red dry(I'd use a clear coat on top of the red but that's me) and you just wipe off any u accidentally got on the red. Easy to do.

Here's a link to the first eBay listing for that stuff. Just so you have the info. Can get it at most hobby shops.

Tamiya 87131 Panel Line Accent Color Black 40ml from Japan Limited Price Deal | eBay

Back