Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or if you live close to harbor freight...they got sub 20 air brushes. Work pretty well. You'll need a compressor though.

You can rattle can it. Won't be as good but a lot cheaper if you don't have the tools. Tamiya paints are what hot toys uses for prototypes mostly (and mr color/hobby)
If u do have or get an air brush I have a friend that makes the same paint colors we used on the 1/1 suits on set. 10-15 bucks with shipping for more then enough. I got him the paint codes and what not from when I was on set years ago. Let me know if you need a link to his site.

As for how...the above post is a good easy way. I'd do one extra step though. Scuff the old paint just a little. Brillo pad or 800 grit sand paper. Otherwise you risk debond later.

So what Tamiya rattle can color do you use please?

Don't use a spray can. Just buy a cheap spray gun and a can of propellant. That way you get *exactly* the paint you need and can regulate the flow.
Use any combination of "airbrush hobby spraygun nails tattoo" on Ebay and you will find them cheaply.
0.8mm Cup Siphon-Feed Airbrush With 22CC Single Action Craft Cake Hobby Paint | eBay
Just remove the hip armour, and spray the paint right on the faded old paint.

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

Does anyone know how these hip armors can be attached/removed?

Does anyone know how these hip armors can be attached/removed?

The armour is pvc and only attaches at the bottom of the rigid part with the ball joints. Just pop off the legs carefully, and you will see how it comes loose. It's glued on, but just be very careful. It will slowly peel off. Once done, glue it back in place.

Are there any special tools needed? Heat? Recommended glue? I might replace the hip armor on my Mark VII pretty soon. Hope it's similar to this.

Managed to get this for a half decent price. Should arrive by the end of the week! Well excited :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask what's a good price for this? I'm thinking about picking one up for $340 but worried about pink panties

I got mine for around 224 usd. There's some slight fading but I don't think it's that noticeable. I'm getting it today so I'll post some pics later. If i were you I'd just take a good look at the pictures of the fig your buying to spot out any fading. I asked the seller for a natural light picture which helped out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got mine for around 224 usd. There's some slight fading but I don't think it's that noticeable. I'm getting it today so I'll post some pics later. If i were you I'd just take a good look at the pictures of the fig your buying to spot out any fading. I asked the seller for a natural light picture which helped out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers, I might be buying off a fellow member, I'll ask him about the lighting since the photos he sent were still in the box.

Upload some pics for me to drool so it can help me make the decision!

Cheers, I might be buying off a fellow member, I'll ask him about the lighting since the photos he sent were still in the box.

Upload some pics for me to drool so it can help me make the decision!

No worries pal, I'll post some pics later on when I get it the detolf! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back