Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! So I bought this from a collector together with bunch of other armors I was missing. The panties aka pants aka shorts were fading pink which is normal. I saw Xenomorph video on Youtube and it seemed REALLY EASY to remove the paint with Thinner or Acetone. Needless to say, I used regular nail polish...fail.. Acetone... fail... Mineral Spirits..fail...WTH!!!! The red/pink faded paint would come out easily but the Silver paint seemed that it became embedded in the plastic(?) is that normal? So, I went everywhere to buy something to paint it and well ended up at Pep Boys buying some car paint which came to be about 95% match in daylight and 98% match with no direct light exposure. Problem was that I am not an expert painting (lol) so it is not as smooth. Also, the black lines got covered and now I would need something to accentuate them again. The paint would not have matched that well without using a Gloss spray so I had to get one of those too. Just finding very rare the issue with the Silver coating not coming off no matter what I was using to remove it. What do you guys think of this paint I choose? A good match? What can I do to make it look more authentic and accentuate the lines giving that I am a noob with paint and paint application?
fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

Congrats on the pickup. Sorry to read you had issues repainting this, as there's a very helpful thread here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-action-figures/99646-hot-toys-iron-fade-issue.html which has tons of useful info shall you decide to ever try this again.

This is the last and final armor I'm missing for the full set (except the two SDCC releases and Mark III where I'm waiting for the die-cast release). Do I suck it up, or pray for a diecast reissue....

This is the last and final armor I'm missing for the full set (except the two SDCC releases and Mark III where I'm waiting for the die-cast release). Do I suck it up, or pray for a diecast reissue....

I ended up paying aftermarket. Over a year ago. I have since never regretted it.

For a diecast Mark 6... Not sure. It's starting to look like HT is venturing away from IM and with other lines picking up like Star Wars, the chances are getting slim.

If you could wait a year I would wait for a DC release.

yeah i paid aftermarket price for this too. but i get for both mark 6 and 7 for a package at $600. and i dont regret it as well.

apart from the normal slight faded panties, the mark 6 have kinda loose torso. dont really mind as its gonna be pose in HOA. but if anyone has encounter this and have an easy fix letme know.

Hey guys! So I bought this from a collector together with bunch of other armors I was missing. The panties aka pants aka shorts were fading pink which is normal. I saw Xenomorph video on Youtube and it seemed REALLY EASY to remove the paint with Thinner or Acetone. Needless to say, I used regular nail polish...fail.. Acetone... fail... Mineral Spirits..fail...WTH!!!! The red/pink faded paint would come out easily but the Silver paint seemed that it became embedded in the plastic(?) is that normal? So, I went everywhere to buy something to paint it and well ended up at Pep Boys buying some car paint which came to be about 95% match in daylight and 98% match with no direct light exposure. Problem was that I am not an expert painting (lol) so it is not as smooth. Also, the black lines got covered and now I would need something to accentuate them again. The paint would not have matched that well without using a Gloss spray so I had to get one of those too. Just finding very rare the issue with the Silver coating not coming off no matter what I was using to remove it. What do you guys think of this paint I choose? A good match? What can I do to make it look more authentic and accentuate the lines giving that I am a noob with paint and paint application?
fix1.jpg

fix2.jpg

fix3.jpg

hello dear friend

I had the same problem so yesterday I made the repair in question with the solvent for nail it was necessary to rub well to clean the part

later I redid the black chalk-lining with the waterproof make-up I wait for the varnish spry to end

here a photo 207994P1000923.jpg

good luck

Wow I had just been admiring the photos you took of the new Cap, love the look of that head on the Mark VI (stupid question but Arc Reactor Stark right?)... even more now do I hope that if they give us the Mark VI in an updated die cast option that it come with a full head sculpt; what is missing with my Iron Man collection is an option for Tony without his helmet (although I may give in and see if I can do something like this with one) only problem is with the Mark VI my ideal version would also have an open plate helmet "Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

But on track, again great set of photos!

Very nice! I guess the collar that came with the Mark VI doesn't fit this new Tony HS? Or was that intentionally skipped?

Thanks! I have the headsculpt on a generic truetype neck, and the collar wasn't fitting around it unfortunately. Still extremely happy with how it looks though!

yeah i paid aftermarket price for this too. but i get for both mark 6 and 7 for a package at $600. and i dont regret it as well.

apart from the normal slight faded panties, the mark 6 have kinda loose torso. dont really mind as its gonna be pose in HOA. but if anyone has encounter this and have an easy fix letme know.

Thought I was the only one. The torso on my figure is very loose, but it's not problematic for me. Thought I'd bring this thread back to life with a crappy cell pic2015-07-17 14.44.29.jpg

Attachments

• 20150717_100612.jpg
    20150717_100612.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 2015-07-17 14.44.29.jpg
    2015-07-17 14.44.29.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 283
Finally scored on of these Nd war mAchine mark one to go with.
Just waiting on WM. did the pink panties work tonight so will be rebuilding him tomorrow

Balls... Makes a MISB figure a bit of a gamble...

Thanks for the info though! :hi5:

It entirely depends on where you are and where the figure comes from/has been stored.
All that "batteries melting" is only an issue if the figure has been stored MISB in a very hot/humid atmosphere and not climate controlled.
I live in Scotland and leave my batteries in year round without fear because my figures are in a non-humid atmosphere.

It entirely depends on where you are and where the figure comes from/has been stored.
All that "batteries melting" is only an issue if the figure has been stored MISB in a very hot/humid atmosphere and not climate controlled.
I live in Scotland and leave my batteries in year round without fear because my figures are in a non-humid atmosphere.

Oh yeah, most of my figures are in Liverpool so they are fine, but I just smuggled a suitcase and a half full of figures back from my job in the Caribbean! SO kinda hotter and more humid there! This Mark VI is in HK though, so who knows how it is...

Oh yeah, most of my figures are in Liverpool so they are fine, but I just smuggled a suitcase and a half full of figures back from my job in the Caribbean! SO kinda hotter and more humid there! This Mark VI is in HK though, so who knows how it is...

Well fingers crossed it's fine. I bought a couple of MISB MKVIs from a HK seller a while back and they were fine.

Back