Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wave

Seriously, this is a major screw up on Sideshow's part and something just is not right; it is literally like they had 10-15 of them. At least with the PZ EX PF, Sideshow could blame it on a server crash. They hyped this up for a month and the excuse that they "have no control" over how many are available to them is stupid. Seriously, why even have an attendee preorder if NO ONE is going to get one? This is a joke and I am pissed that I wasted my morning. Everyone else should post on their Facebook page so they can feel it; they get ALOT more foottraffic via Facebook than here.

Let's see if Sideshow steps up and admits that they screwed up with this one.

The problem is not the low quantity, but the disturbing fact that people were getting Wait-Listed before 10:01 and then some people able to order @ 10:05!!! :horror

From Sideshow's Facebook page...

Originally Posted by Sideshow
Jason R Coffield Then why waste our time? This "SDCC ATTENDEE" preorder was a joke and if you were only going to have, what, 20 of them, why hype it up for a month? You guys should at least honor the people wait listed during the 30 second window.

<abbr class="timestamp" title="Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 10:26am" data-date="Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:26:11 -0700">16 minutes ago</abbr>

Sideshow Collectibles We will honor what we can, as we always do :) This is not our product so we have absolutely no control over how many are available to us... Hot Toys dictates the total number.
I remember, I once got a similar answer, when asking about the ridiculous high prices of the Medicom 12" figures.

SSC, if you have so little control about the quantities and prices of your third-party suppliers, you have a problem! :lol Doesn't sound like a market leading company to me...

On a positive note: isn't it great that SSC gives us (well... 10 or 20 of us) a shot at these in the first place? For retail I mean.

Last edited:
Maybe they had to waitlist so many until they found out exactly how many they got, so hopefully some of you who got on the WL early will still get your's.

I just wish they would've streamlined this.

Well, we know we are going to get run around answers, that is to be expected, but I just don't understand why they hyped this up for so long when they only had 20 of them or so. I will have about five people all trying to preorder this thing for me tomorrow...

Seriously. Or if they're going to only offer 20 units or whatever, let people submit their names into a lottery for a chance to buy one instead of this uneven virtual land grab.

In the end, it's not Sideshow or the scalpers who I blame for this. It's Hot Toys. They know what they're doing and they're doing it on purpose. :pfft:

John Hammond: All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!
Dr. Ian Malcolm: But, John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Maybe they had to waitlist so many until they found out exactly how many they got, so hopefully some of you who got on the WL early will still get your's.

I hope you are right. But how do you explain the orders that did go through? My friend's order went through with no problems. Strange.

WOW, I just logged in to try and snag one (there was a bit of a delay :() and the damn thing was sold out. Sucks about this weird Waitlist and refresh problems people've been having. So this sucker literally sold out within seconds? If there's 450 of the friggin' things (a much larger edition size than for the other exclusives) and they've sold out this fast, non-attendees seem screwed.
I dunno if this thing got screwed up (and it probably did), but methinks SS dropped the ball somewhere. It could've been the scalpers, it could've been some glitch or quantity issue, but as an attendee I didn't think I'd have to worry at all.
Fan-friggin'-tastic. SS better do SOMETHING, because as crazy as it sounds, this shouldn't have happened. Something's screwed.

This was clearly a site glitch, as attendee products NEVER should be waitlisted. I have no friggin' clue what went wrong, but we should've been able to get one easily. Instead, within seconds, it all went to hell :(...

Guess I'll try for the non-attendee version... Doubt it'll work, though. What a crappy time for SS to screw up.

Man, this sounds like it was a mess. I'll try to get him tomorrow as a NA... but if I don't life will go on. Of the figures I was more interested in getting the T-1000 as Sarah.

Called Sideshow. They said it literally sold out in seconds. They wouldn't tell me how many they had available.

I never even saw the damn PPO screen appear. I'll have to be extra careful tomorrow, but now I'll have to pay tax and shipping at best.

If they wouldn't tell you (when the whole 10% rule makes it so obvious), then someone must've screwed the pooch.

You guys think this has to do with that delay HT had with these? Maybe only a few of them were ready for SDCC and the others were late... sounds farfetched, but no matter what happened, this was a total bullcrap deal. Congratulations. Hundreds of people who should've gotten this easily (AND FOR THEM ONLY) got screwed over. Either by the system, or by the _______ scalpers on feeBay.

...Let's party.:banghead:pow:devil

Non-Attendees:

How many of each edition will be available to Non-Attendees?

At least 10% of each edition size is set aside for Non-Attendees; however, that percentage may change at our discretion depending on the individual license involved. Our Comic-Con Exclusive edition sizes include both Attendee and Non-Attendee allotments to make up the total number available, which will be posted on each Attendee & Non-Attendee product pages.

I hope they go back to review and honor the orders for us who placed them at 10 sharp and still got waitlisted. Out of the whole convention exlcusives, this was the only one I was looking forward to picking up at the Con. I don't care about the rest for the exclusives. Come on Sideshow DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!

I hope they go back to review and honor the orders for us who placed them at 10 sharp and still got waitlisted. Out of the whole convention exlcusives, this was the only one I was looking forward to picking up at the Con. I don't care about the rest for the exclusives. Come on Sideshow DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!

The man speaks the truth... :lecture

This thread has officially deteriorated into a hotbed of. . .

nerdrage1.jpg

Back