Hot Toys – MMS126 - Predator 2: Guardian Predator(2010 Toy Fairs Exc) spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They must've gotten a hell of a lot more of the Sarah's than the Preds because she hasn't sold out yet. Maybe she's being treated like a regular figure now, and not limited.
I think this is true. Originally, whether it was spaced out over 3 conventions are numbered per convention, the Predator was given an edition size of 500, and the T-1000 was given an edition size of 300. I understand that Predator is more popular than Sarah Connor/T-1000, but not that much more popular that it would sell out in less than a minute, whereas T-1000 could stay in stock for several hours and allow folks 2 per person.

Everybody who got that letter should say that
"you should honour those orders and today was simply not right. You have dissapointed a lot of fans today who made preparation out of their work day to get this figure and we have suspisions about item selling out in 10 seconds"

What do you guys think? If enough of said the same thing....?

That's B.S...
Seriously...
Again, they should honor the orders that were wait-listed before the "second" batch...

Not cool SS... not cool... :nono

It is B.S.

And to think we have always praised Sideshow's customer service everytime we've compared them to Gentle Giant, Mattel or other companies whose CS is always a failure. Sideshow: you have lowered yourselves to that crap level.

I think this is true. Originally, whether it was spaced out over 3 conventions are numbered per convention, the Predator was given an edition size of 500, and the T-1000 was given an edition size of 300. I understand that Predator is more popular than Sarah Connor/T-1000, but not that much more popular that it would sell out in less than a minute, whereas T-1000 could stay in stock for several hours and allow folks 2 per person.

That might have more to do with people thinking their orders with etailers are "secure" than anything else. :lol

I understand that SS can't control how many pieces HT produces, but how do they not know how many they are getting? If they don't know the number how do they put up a pre-order? It's like those people on ebay that put up orders without really knowing if they'll be able to fulfill an order.

This is even more confusing now. What was there, 3 people who confirmed they are getting one? Something just isn't right. I wish they never teased us with it now. Just let HT have them all for overseas. :(

I know this will piss some folks off, but I think it is awesome(NOT) that the attendees get two chances to order it, but those of us that are non-attendees only get one chance.

Bottom line is that a few freaks will get one and the rest will just be screwed. I'm not expecting a kiss either.

If the figure was showing to be sold out after only a few seconds, someone porked the pooch on this.

It would be nice if HT produced more then 500 of this figure, its not like they wouldn't sell out any way.

I know this will piss some folks off, but I think it is awesome(NOT) that the attendees get two chances to order it, but those of us that are non-attendees only get one chance.

Bottom line is that a few freaks will get one and the rest will just be screwed. I'm not expecting a kiss either.

If the figure was showing to be sold out after only a few seconds, someone porked the pooch on this.

It would be nice if HT produced more then 500 of this figure, its not like they wouldn't sell out any way.

It's called a convention exclusive. They're notorious for having smaller edition sizes and being a pain in the ass to acquire. Hence the "exclusive" moniker. Hell, we're just lucky that they're offering them to non-attendees. And you have a point. Attendees still have a second chance. :huh

Gotta write HT and pound their arses about this! Make sure we dont ONLY blame SS. It's not really their fault, but they could have done some PRE damage control. As it's been said, a lottery would have been proper.

maybe posted already...

Dear Valued Sideshow Collector,

Thank you for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles and for participating in our Priority Pre-order for the Guardian Predator 12” figure, item 900992, from Hot Toys.

We understand that you have recently created a Waitlist order for the ATTENDEE Collect-n-Go option. However, our complete attendee inventory has been reserved and we will not be converting reservations. Therefore, you will receive an e-mail notification of the cancellation of your reservation shortly.

We want to make sure that you have a chance at securing this figure, therefore we strongly suggest that you participate in the ordering process for our Non-Attendee version tomorrow, July 2nd, at 10 am PT.

We apologize that we could not fulfill your wait list. Please feel free to contact our customer service department if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Sideshow Customer Service Department,
800-474-3746
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

maybe posted already...

I got the message as well. I doubt we will get it, but Sideshow REALLY owes an explaination for this. The excuse that "they can't control how many they will get from Hot Toys" is just passing the blame because Sideshow teased this for a month, Sideshow listed this as a SDCC EX when virtually noone would get one, and Sideshow is the distributor who dropped the ball.

How does the attendee order work anyways, so those that are going to the Con will get a number to represent their Predator and you guys can pick them up once you arrive there? (if ordered successfully)

I've never done it...

I got the message as well. I doubt we will get it, but Sideshow REALLY owes an explaination for this. The excuse that "they can't control how many they will get from Hot Toys" is just passing the blame because Sideshow teased this for a month, Sideshow listed this as a SDCC EX when virtually noone would get one, and Sideshow is the distributor who dropped the ball.

How did they drop the ball? It was listed as an SDCC Ex and went up as an SDCC Ex. :dunno This is a-typical postmortem preorder whining.

its gona be crazy tomo at 10 ssc
freaking sucks man really wanted this figure for my collection.
(GAME TIME) HICKS

I mean come on guys. There were tons of people who wanted one. Just because there was a small number and a lot of fans doesn't mean anyone dropped any ball. It just shows that some people are really freaking fast at preordering

How does the attendee order work anyways, so those that are going to the Con will get a number to represent their Predator and you guys can pick them up once you arrive there? (if ordered successfully)

I've never done it...

If you got an order they send you an invoice. Just take the invoice and an ID to their booth.

Back