Homeless man with golden radio voice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of Handsome Dan...from Waynes World 2

Harry-Shearer-Waynes-World-2.13.jpg

I say we ban quiggle, buy the homeless guy a computer and give him quiggle's account here.

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

:cuckoo:

Just seen this guy on the news over her in the uk.

My thoughts are the same as many that this guy has a great voice but will be yesterdays news in a month or two's time and then what?
They will have lost interest and this guy will be on the street again.

I say good luck to him and exploit it for all he can as celeb culture is very fickle.

he doesn't have to maintain celebrity to maintain a job. as long as a voice like his is in need and he stays clean, why does is it a leap to say he can keep off the streets?

Sometime people just need a break of a helping hand to get back on their feet and they do the rest to keep on their feet.

And sounds like the position he got was a full time gig... its under his control whether he keeps the job or not.

As tough on people that make mistakes as I am, I'm actually big fan of giving people a chance to make up for them. I am glad someone was in a position to help, even if they are doing it for the publicity. it really is amazingly frequent how often people get second chances, and thats great.
Its up to him now not to blow it.

As tough on people that make mistakes as I am, I'm actually big fan of giving people a chance to make up for them. I am glad someone was in a position to help, even if they are doing it for the publicity. it really is amazingly frequent how often people get second chances, and thats great.
Its up to him now not to blow it.

Ageed. It's so easy to talk down on someone for their mistakes. None of us are perfect. That's a fact of life.

it's not like this guy had some uncontrollable misfortune that led to this, he had a family with several children then becomes a druggie, alcholoic, womanzier with groupies, stole and arrested to support his addiction. not inspiring more like a piece of faeces. so what if he has that voice? too easy to become some sensational celebrity in today's culture.

Makes me wonder if he has 9 kids, why is he homeless..because he was a ********* and crappy dad growing up is my guess. If he was anything of a father they would have let him crash at their places until he got back on his feet.

The voice may be velvety, but the past is checkered.

According to The Smoking Gun, homeless-man-turned-Internet-sensation Ted Williams, 53, has a rap sheet that includes theft, robbery, escape, forgery and drug possession. The Brooklyn native has at least six mug shots.

As recently as July, a local businessman called the police on Williams and a female friend who refused to leave the premises, alleging Williams had become an "ongoing problem."

In an interview Thursday on the Today show, Williams admits he got heavily caught up with drugs and alcohol. "My life went to pits," said Williams, who also discussed his criminal record on the morning show.

Bossip.com:
At this point the world is enamored with the story of Ted Williams, the homeless man with the amazing radio voice. However, after Ted became a junkie, lush, and thief, he left behind a wife and several kids that still needed to be raised, a job she did as a single mother for 23 years.

Patricia Kirtley raised four daughters alone after Williams split 23 years ago and dove down the rabbit hole of drugs.

Not only that, Kirtley took in the baby boy the radioman had with another woman and raised him as her own.

Oh, and by the way, she’s partially blind.

“We survived,” Kirtley said Thursday in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. “My children are survivors. They know if we get a little bit that God provides, we make it into a lot. I’m a soup maker. I make potato soup and throw in a lot of vegetables and a little meat. We always ate.”

Except that Williams, who seems to be a nice guy, just wasn’t strong, wasn’t around and wasn’t contributing financially.

Kirtley had to go on the dole. “I still remember my case number,” she says ruefully. She eventually went to school and got licensed as a blind vendor.

“My mother and sisters pitched in and drove me because I can’t see to drive,” said Kirtley, now 58, over a din of some of her 16 grandchildren playing.

“They didn’t understand why he was never there for their school functions, or just to help with their homework,” she said.

“That’s when I really could have used help, because I couldn’t see their pages. My kids are really good readers, though, because I made them read everything to me out loud.”

It's sad there are certain people who I will not mention who are anxious to see this guy fail rather than hoping he can turn his life around.

He has spoken of his faith, but otherwise he hasn't portrayed himself as a saint. He's just a (hopefully) former junkie trying to overcome hard times. Most of us know someone who's battled addition. Sometimes in life good people do stupid, desperate things they regret later.

He doesn't have a violent record. He has had scrapes with the law. He wasn't cut out to be a dad, so it's probably for the best he wasn't more directly involved with his kids.

I haven't read anything suggesting the law is still looking for him. I hope the guy can live out his remaining years with a few opportunities.

He caught a lucky break. I hope it works out. What's wrong with that?

Back