Hellooo, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruson said:
Yeah, we need to wait for more pics.

I am sure some pieces will have better paint job than others too (they always are).

One more day and we should have more pics.

Granted some Luke's had better paint jobs than others but that was what put alot of people off purchasing this piece, the gamble that they could get a bad one. Not everyone can be bothered to go through buying & selling the same piece until they get a good one.

This is one reason why I dont take pics of my stuff, I dont have a great camera or set up to show how great they look.

And remeber if you dont like it you can always return it to sideshow for a refund.

The only way for them to redeem themselves is to give me my $250 back, which I hope they will.

Actually, I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did considering one has to sit on a wooden crate for 12 hours a day painting a $250 toy. Maybe if they sent over some $3 cusions for these poor people's seats we'd see some better work.

120205_IMG_2972.jpg

That picture right there solves the mystery "does Gentle Giant and Sideshow use the same place to have their items painted?"
If you look close at the stool there is a Matrix Twin bust box on one side and a LOTR Legolas statue on the other. So yes they are painted by the same people.

Viking28 said:
That picture right there solves the mystery "does Gentle Giant and Sideshow use the same place to have their items painted?"
If you look close at the stool there is a Matrix Twin bust box on one side and a LOTR Legolas statue on the other. So yes they are painted by the same people.

Damn, you've got good eyes. I never would've noticed that.

Viking28 said:
Goooooooood Catch!!!:naughty :naughty ................But GG Must Have Better Quality Check Points...Beacause their paint jobs are pretty good

To be a fly on the wall at Sideshow Collectibles today... :sick

Let's see more pics from other collectors, perhaps some different results may prove more favorable. The reactions have been blunt, but honest. I just hope SS can 'fix' the problem if there indeed are any to be fixed, before the launch of that other great Premium Format line.

Well,

Han does look better in this pic and I know Luke does not look as bad as he does in this picture either, so I have faith.

han.jpg

Dave, can you take some more pics in natural light with no flash?

Gruson said:
Well,

Han does look better in this pic and I know Luke does not look as bad as he does in this picture either, so I have faith.

Yeah, that is I think probably the one in which Han looks best in, even if it's not the 'best picture' out of the bunch. And ironically, it's the only one in which he used flash :mwaha

Luke doesn't fair so well under the same treatment though.

I know it's 'just a toy' and nothing to get so worked up over, but c'mon, man! When Luke came out, we said 'let's hope they do better next time'. This IS next time! This is another $250 later.

The picture of Han on their site looks perfect. PERFECT! :google

Maybe the SS guys should get out of the heated leather seats in their BMWs and sit on wooden crates for a few days. Maybe then they'll try a little harder like they used to. Is this the same company that made the 1/4 Phantom? The 12" Twilight Zone figures? The 12" Creature from the Black Lagoon? Now THOSE were something to be proud of! THOSE WERE AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF!

Viking28 said:

Come on Vik you knew that already didn't you, was it really a mystery?

Jesse :D

Gruson said:
Take some pics!

I did and they look just like the ones posted. I can't figure out how to upload them anyway...

I will say the outfit turned out great. It's just that HEAD. Ugh.

I also got the Medicom Vader and Stormtrooper recently. If you guys haven't seen them in person --- WOW! Talk about something that looks BETTER than you'd expect. They look REAL. And, yes, they are a little "under scale" but look AWESOME together :joy :D

I'm going to sell my Han to buy another Medicom Stormtrooper to flank Vader and maybe an FX vader saber. But I did see that Han has already sold for only like $135 - $140 on ebay. :confused:

Oh, this is really bad news. I thought Han looked like one of the best Star Wars 1/4 Sideshow figures and now all this! :sick

I really, REALLY hope this is just a bad photo problem and I'm looking forward to seeing some better pictures!

I really don't want to cancel my Obi and Leia but I can't afford to pay these high prices and have such a bad end result.

I'm sure Sideshow will come out good in the end... I hope! :sick

PC :horror

Back