Hellooo, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth,,, a camera has everything to do with this argument. For example, here is a picture of my "standard version" Freddy that I took:

officefreddy1-vi.jpg

This picture makes Freddy look absolutely horrible. He looks much better in person. Be patient for some better pix or wait until you see it in person. Worst case scenario, you'll get to make some $$$ on ebay. This statue will be worth some major bucks in the future.

A lot of this really may be quite premature, certainly the shots posted are not great (at all :sick ), but there is a large variation from particular piece to piece (Theoden anyone), give it time folks. I would say once about 5-10 individual pictures are seen THEN you can make a statement, there will always be one or two bad apples.

Yeah, the likeness has been lost from what Andy did for whatever reason though I don't think it looks horrible. I hope it's just angles or light something like that.

RevRanger dude you need to chill the freak out. You keep going like this and your head is gonna explode. Your comments about SS are total bull**** and pretty freaking childish.

Heh, I cancelled my Han awhile back do to lack of funds. I was sick about it. Keep this discussions going please. At $130 on ebay I will be able to afford it. :banana

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, the likeness has been lost from what Andy did for whatever reason though I don't think it looks horrible. I hope it's just angles or light something like that.

RevRanger dude you need to chill the freak out. You keep going like this and your head is gonna explode. Your comments about SS are total bull**** and pretty freaking childish.

Had to laugh when I read that post :D ............Josh telling someone else to chill!!!!

dude....if you can be passionate about a SS LOTR you like, why can't he be equally passionate about an item he doesn't, need I have present exhibits A, B & C? :D :D :D

Nothing wrong with being passtionate but he is going off on a tangent about how SS is bait and switching. Crap like that. He has all the right to complain about what's wrong with the item in his eyes but be adult about it.

RevRanger said:
I did and they look just like the ones posted. I can't figure out how to upload them anyway...

Hey Rev. Email the pics to me at [email protected] and I'll host them for you. Like everyone else here, I'm interested in seeing the differences, if any, of the statue's. Also, what number did you get? :)

RevRanger said:
Maybe the SS guys should get out of the heated leather seats in their BMWs

:mwaha I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I have to laugh... again :mwaha Seriously. Would you like me to take a picture of the cars in our parking lot? There are more than a few hunks of junk out there (mine included :p). We work for Sideshow because we love it, not because we get rich doing it - I think that goes for most of the other smaller collectibles companies as well (yes, with a full-time staff of less than 50 we are still a small company).

You can think what you'd like, as I am obviously in no way going to be able to change your mind. But I just had to interject here so that people don't become misconstrued.

And just for the record, I took a Han out of the box today to see what the fuss was all about, and I'm actually quite impressed with how he turned out. I think we should just let people make up their own minds once it arrives. If you wish to return it, you may freely do so - we truly have a no-questions-asked return policy as long as it's within 30 days! :peace

SideshowDusty said:
I think we should just let people make up their own minds once it arrives.

Amen.

And like the sign reads in my marketing department: "If we didn't have to deal with customers, this job would be perfect."

It is easier than ever to post pics. Firstly, press the button "Post Reply'. Secondly, once the page has loaded, scroll down past the message box down to "Additional Options'. There you will see a section "Attach Files'. Press the button marked 'Manage attachments'. When the popup box appears, browse your comp for the relevant picture. Easy. No need to find a host for pics anymore.

I'll wait until I get mine to comment, but I hope its good. The $135.00 sale on ebay hurts, thats a big problem if the statues are going to lose that much value when they ship. If Han is bad I'm dropping from this line.

I need to see more pics before I make up my mind, but in the first pics it looks like alot of detail in the face has been lost. Hopefully that is not the case.

I agree that we need to see more pics before we pass judgement on the paint job.

I know this has been said before but I feel really bad for Andy. :( The sculpt looks awesome but going by the pics posted it does look like the paint job is bad.

Kind of glad that I had to cancel my order months ago due to the fact that there is just too many items due out in the next coulpe of months.

I've been on the fence for the last couple of weeks trying to decide wether to cancel my Star Wars PFs and switch over to the new PF LOTR pieces. I want both but common sense tells me that I can't afford both. :sick If Han really is as bad as it seems, this will make my decision to drop the Star Wars Pfs very easy.

Darklord Dave said:
How 'bout now?

The lighting is better for the most part, but you may want to angle it just a bit more to either side. The shadows around his nose area are deceptive, is this still with a flash?

I will say that his skin color is much-improved, I would just do the above and that should settle it.

Back