Hellooo, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted a picture of mine in another thread...will take more when my battery is charged.

He looks fine.

Well I just opened my PF Han. I have to admit I was a little worried by all the bad reviews. But I have to say I am very pleased. I know Sideshow will never be able to please everyone, but I for one have never been disappointed with any of the figures that I have in my collection.
It has been said on this site before. What did we have to look forward to 10 years ago? I am so glad we have Sideshow, Dragon, DID etc... It makes for a very diverse collection. So I guess all that is left to say is BRING ON DARTH VADER !!!!! (But not until next week when I have the money).

I also got nailed for an additional $22.64 worth of customs, which were supposed to be already included in my $65 shipping fee.

According to the SSC website, the only thing that is included in the shipping fee is brokerage fees. Duties and taxes are not, you need to pay those separately.

My Han cost $50 for shipping and a nice $86CAN for duties and taxes. If only sideshow could devalue the item and mark as gift..... but that would be illegal of course. :naughty

I must be one of those collectors who is happy with his/her Han. I do see some valid points others have made regarding his profile and paint job but sitting three feet away from me I don't get all the fuss. For collectors who are more picky, they might have a problem with him.

Well, there is nothing wrong with being nitpicky. Even I think there are one or maybe two things that could have been slightly improved on this piece; but, regardless, when compared to other Han statue's on the market, the SS 1/4 Han is by far the best. Out of 100%, I'd give it a 99.5. I just made a deal to get the exclusive so I'll be able to compare that to the regular version. If I keep the exclusive, though, I'll have to get another display case I'm sure.

Silverbc3 said:
For collectors who are more picky, they might have a problem with him.

..i'm in this category..still like this one..but ss clearly are putting more efforts in the lotr pf 1/4 line. look at lurtz, it kills everything sw's produced by ss.

Got mine in today #17

Link to Gallery

DSCF2108.JPG

Another great looking statue, and even numbered in the "teens." How do you guys get such low numbers? It has long been an ambition of mine to get a "double digit" edition number shipped to me from Sideshow. So far...no such luck. I keep telling myself that a low number doesn't really matter. But wouldn't you say that getting something as low as #17 is pretty exciting? I would think so. Congratulations! I keep getting more and more excited to get mine.

Nice Azog.

While the piece is ok....imagine if it had THIS good of a paint job and details:

IMG_8123.JPG

Mini, please do not tell me yours looks as good as this. If it does, post pics because I really doubt it.

Again, I like the piece and posted pics of mine BUT I wish it had a "pro" paint job instead of a "china" one. :)

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Nice Azog.

While the piece is ok....imagine if it had THIS good of a paint job and details:

I agree Gruson, its so tuff to live up to the Prototype standards....

Gruson said:
Nice Azog.

IMG_8123.JPG

Mini, please do not tell me yours looks as good as this. If it does, post pics because I really doubt it.

Will do. My bud brought my exclusive Han last night, so I'll take pics of that as soon as I get it unboxed.

Azog: Nice pics man! Much better than I could ever do. :)

There are updated photos of the regular and exclusive Han PFs on Sideshow's website. Is there a reason why they can't do that before a product ships? :confused:

Mini-Rock said:
Will do. My bud brought my exclusive Han last night, so I'll take pics of that as soon as I get it unboxed.

Azog: Nice pics man! Much better than I could ever do. :)

Mini, my guess is yours and all of the others look like the Han on Sideshow's site now...they updated the pics with the "released" version...not the proto.

Ok, got my exclusive Han unboxed and set-up. It ran me SRP (I had to give up my acrylic case though) but it was well worth it!

As has been mentioned so caringly by one of our own most beloved forum members, my pics aren't of the greatest quality and neither is my lighting. The few pics I have up are with two different sets of lighting, and you will be able to see the differences. Online pics will never do this fine piece justice. Anyway, here are the pics:

Mini's SS Han Solo

Feedback, both pro and neg, is welcome.

Now that I have the exclusive, I can honestly say that either would be an excellent addition to any SW collection.

Luis

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you have a nice setup. I don't have any of the blaster replicas, but they mix in with the Code 3 ships and posters and all the rest to make a nice Star Wars display. Now I need to get some more acrylic covers to protect my stuff.

(Man, I wish I had that stormtrooper on dewback statue. Maybe SS will give us one in 1/4 scale.)

tomandshell said:
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you have a nice setup. I don't have any of the blaster replicas, but they mix in with the Code 3 ships and posters and all the rest to make a nice Star Wars display. Now I need to get some more acrylic covers to protect my stuff.

(Man, I wish I had that stormtrooper on dewback statue. Maybe SS will give us one in 1/4 scale.)

HELL YEAH! 1/4 PF diorama's would be sweet! :D

Thanks for the kind words. I still don't have a plan for the poster sculpture's, so they are just there for now. I'm taking a new direction in collecting too now that I'm getting the SS 1/4 statue's, so my prop purchases will be limited to what character's are released in the PF format. It's too bad that SS doesn't have the SW prop replica license as well.

I look forward to seeing yours too. Seeing other's collections, and being able to share mine, is what makes this hobby so great. :)

Gruson said:
Mini, my guess is yours and all of the others look like the Han on Sideshow's site now...they updated the pics with the "released" version...not the proto.

Saw that. Personally, I think the pics posted by collector's look better than the one on their site now, and are more accurate to the proto. The pic one on their site now is too washed out.

You know... a little bit of make up dusted onto his face in the right places will make him look like the pro-painted one. Also it looks like a lot of light is coming from the top which is exaggerating the shadows around his eyes and chin where the scar is.

I really think the figure is good, it just might need a some special lighting to make it really shine.

Back