Hellooo, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALL HAIL THE WAIT LIST!!! I got an email that my Exclusive Han wait list request was going to convert to the real deal! So it looks like I will have both versions by this time next week. That will never fly with my wife... We'll see which one looks better. It seems that the exclusive owners have been pretty happy with their paint jobs. Never would have thought the wait list would work with an ES of only 250! Thanks for cancelling, whoever you are!

tomandshell said:
ALL HAIL THE WAIT LIST!!! I got an email that my Exclusive Han wait list request was going to convert to the real deal! So it looks like I will have both versions by this time next week. That will never fly with my wife... We'll see which one looks better. It seems that the exclusive owners have been pretty happy with their paint jobs. Never would have thought the wait list would work with an ES of only 250! Thanks for cancelling, whoever you are!

Congrats man! :D

I got my Regular Han today from Marc. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the paint job is FAR from the prototype. I can't even see the scar on his chin anymore. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an Exclusive off of the Wait List so I can compare the 2.

BTW, is the scope supposed to come off the gun?:confused: Mine did, but it slides right back into place. If it isn't supposed to come off, I won't bother Marc with a return. It's nothing that a toothpick with a drop of supergule can't fix. :)

I just got my regular Solo today and I love it. I liked it so much that I cancelled the exclusive from the wait list. If people are on the fence with this, don't hesitate, it's a winner! My only complaint is that the color of the shirt is too gray, not yellow enough. :banana

I got mine today as well and I'm am totally stoked!:wacky This is bay far one of the best pieces Sideshow has released. If you are a Solo freak like me, then you have no choice but to pick this piece up.

One caveat though..be careful with the blaster as my scope popped off when I was posing him. It's easily repairable, but just be aware.

wookilar8 said:
My only complaint is that the color of the shirt is too gray, not yellow enough. :banana

anewhope13re.jpg

The material on the model also looks stiffer than the fabric used for the actual shirt. How does it feel in person?

elwood49 said:
I got my Regular Han today from Marc. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but the paint job is FAR from the prototype. I can't even see the scar on his chin anymore. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an Exclusive off of the Wait List so I can compare the 2.

BTW, is the scope supposed to come off the gun?:confused: Mine did, but it slides right back into place. If it isn't supposed to come off, I won't bother Marc with a return. It's nothing that a toothpick with a drop of supergule can't fix. :)

Congrats el! Regarding the paint job, try returning it for another. If you are unhappy with how it turned out, there is no reason you should keep it especially when the paint app on mine and others have turned out so well. :)

Congrats wookilar8 and rogue5. It truly is an exquisite piece and a perfect addition to any high-end collection.

Got my Premium Solo a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! While it's true the paint is not as detailed as the prototype, I have to admit i wasn't really surprised. Toy companies and statue creators have always had problems getting their final products to match the prototypes. Sideshow has been more successful that others in my opinion.

Pamela Voorhees is probably the best example of a design gone wrong in the production phase... others, however, have held up remarkably well... Der Kindestod from the Buffy line is probably one of the best in terms of holding up.

I think boards like these will only help he problems in the long run because Sideshow will continue working in refining the production process.

Yeah, I received mine from Mike at Razor's Edge this past week. I guess I was lucky got a really good one. One minor flaw though was that mine did have a scratch on his right forearm. Not really noticeable as it is covered by the sleeve and can easily be fixed myself. I have no doubt that Mike would replace it if I asked because he is great, but I don't want to risk getting a worse portrait.

Bottom line, another very pleased Han Solo owner. Definitely glad I went with the regular over the exclusive on this one too. :banana

I received my regular Solo and peeked in at him. The paint job was beautiful and not at all orange. Exclusive Han will soon be on his way, so I am going to wait and compare the two before choosing the one with the superior paint job to keep. I would love the exclusive, but if regular's face looks better I will have a hard time sending him away. I am grateful that I have the chance to compare the two in person and make my decision based on the real thing!

Back