Hellooo, Solo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 100% keeping my Darth on order but I'm now considering cancelling Obi and Leia... which is a big shame! :sick

i really hope to see some better pictures!

PC :sick

PsychoCenobite said:
I'm 100% keeping my Darth on order but I'm now considering cancelling Obi and Leia... which is a big shame! :sick

i really hope to see some better pictures!

PC :sick

YES sir my Vader and Grievous Will Stay...............But the Other ummmmmmmm Don't now...................

Bloody Hell:banghead

The only reason I ordered both this piece and obi wan was due to the likeness in the faces but Han looks like crap if you ask me. I am seriously considering cancelling my order.

If Dave says "Overall - EXTREMELY pleased" it can't be as bad as everyone thinks. Has to be the flash.

I've worked with a sculptor on the 1/4 scale Chris Reeve as Superman statue that a lot of you have seen progress pics of.
Knowing how much work went into making sure the Chris Reeve head sculpt was an accurate likeness, I find it hard to believe that Sideshow could devote that much R&D to get these right. That's the only reason I can think for the likenesses being off. So far, not one of these PF Star Wars statues has looked much like the actor in my opinion. Obi-Wan is probably closest but there are still many issues with it.
This Han Solo likeness and paintjob looks awful. I think I'll commission a new head sculpt to replace the head on this statue. I just don't see the point of putting all this effort into the fantastic miniature costumes if they can't focus their efforts on getting the head sculpts as good as possible. :confused:

Chris

Hey Chris,

Both of Andy's head sculpts look fine to me. I will post the pictures of them BEFORE they were painted.

I hate to sound like a broken record in chorus with a lot of others....but...

What happened to the face?
The prototype looked absolutely incredible. What gives? :(

There is no flash on the pictures except the 2 shot with Luke. But the hair is brown and the pants are navy blue, although much darker than on the proto.

I'll admit the paintjob isn't as good as it could be. There is some areas where the hair and skin meet that could be better. I know that some people had problems with Luke's eyes, but that problem isn't present here.

I didn't think the pics were that bad, but they must be since he is a truly great representation of Solo. I'm not seeing the problems that you all are identifying in the pics.

seems like the more-often-than-not case of Sideshow over estimating the paint reproduction capabilities of their manufacturer.
Or they need to fire their overseas QC guys.

Surely SS has to get in early artist proofs to sign off on before the mass production proceeds. if they differ greatly SS needs to post new pics ASAP to their products' gallery that represent the product more accurately.

Ive said many times in the past that their prototype pics reveal their own short-comings and they shouldnt post the proto pics until theyre 100% sure the paint apps can be reproduced faithfully to ensure their customers are receiving the same product they saw when they placed their order.

Sadly Im now surprised when a shipped product matches the preview pics exactly when I should be surprised when they don't.

Uh oh. I agree...so far to me the SS site pics look much better than what Dave has put up. I hope it's just the pics and not the piece. Helms Deep I say!!!

I hope Sideshow will do a better job for the human characters in their new lotr premium format figures than for the ones in Star wars...

I feel bad for Andy. To have your dead on sculpt turned into something else because of the painters. The paint application totally removes the smirk.

Jesse

Sideshow's 1/6 prototypes (Luke, Anakin) look better than this. I hope they can keep the 1/6 line looking good in production. Maybe they should drop the PF line and devote all their SW resources into making outstanding 1/6 figures.

Notice how nice the sculpt looks before the bad paint job:

han_big1.jpg

To quote Luke -- "WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!"

The prototype of Solo on SS's website is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. THAT is what I ordered. NOT this piece of junk! That face looks NOTHING like what was advertised! The yellow/orange fake tan?! The horrible hair line and eyebrows?! Where's that tough guy smirk gone to?!

UGH!!! I will NEVER order from Sideshow again! They do the bait and switch ALL THE TIME!

SIDESHOW - you should be ashamed of yourselves! THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU OFFERED TO SELL! You have lost a LOT of customers.

I'm telling you guys that the 1/6 Luke Jedi final product is going to be AWFUL!!! Think about how bad they can screw up the paint on that head! :banghead

Yeah, we need to wait for more pics.

I am sure some pieces will have better paint job than others too (they always are).

One more day and we should have more pics.

RevRanger, don't you think you're being a bit extreme? Sideshow still has a chance to redeem themselves with the 1/6 line.

Back