HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some comparison screenshots....

fa9c93ddcb37d8ea55801b9c09269dff81cbc71e5184ccb2f498a2ef5f78c8da6g.jpg

62e62fbc5bfeafc8af2447b64239828600340d7279f50718058324afe7d793836g.jpg

b4f971eba1bd0f841345be66b5a2684a01b1610a23328b989a84e2c0615cd9a46g.jpg

e876cf5575dc71960e16b88da76cf33d2f20fa27f0ec622f136031210ba0867b6g.jpg

0c4fbdaa4469db963094cf02d09852d9851f0ed5391fd093a68bf5736a69c9356g.jpg

11b4533e5e7e967c7e140bde441ea453b8c905d618103a43307a5d57722c09086g.jpg

O.k, Ive calmed down now so ill give you my gripes about this bundle.

1) These aren't the Substance or Subsistence versions of MGS2 and 3. Why?

2) Wheres the Original games MG and MG2 that were on subsistence?

3) Im hoping for different box art similar to the JP Ico/ SoC collection:
medium_deif63c7vkz73wlyn2ackbqcib7jq92r.jpg

p.s is Peace Walker coming to Xbox aswell? a PSP game?

where has it been confirmed these are the substance or subsistence versions?

I hope these are the Subsistence and Substance versions. I've played both of the MGS3 versions, and after playing Subsistence I doubt I could ever go back to the regular version. If it turns out to not be the Subsistence then I guess I'll just pass on it.

1) They are the Subsistence/Substance versions, they just aren't labeled as such. The old PS2 MGS Essentials Collection included the Substance/Subsistence versions but did not have that labeling.

2. The classic MG and MG2 probably won't be included. The PS2 MGS Essentials Collection did not contain those two bonuses.

3. Doubtful.

re: p.s. - The Xbox 360 version of the MGS HD Collection includes Peace Walker, as it is shown on the box. :dunno I'm assuming that's what you meant.

I'm really concerned that the HD collection is being done by Blue Point. If it's anything like the GOW collection, we can expect the in-game cinematics to look completely unpolished (just as it how appears on the PS2). This won't be good, especially considering the 6+ hours of cinematics in each MGS game.

1) They are the Subsistence/Substance versions, they just aren't labeled as such. The old PS2 MGS Essentials Collection included the Substance/Subsistence versions but did not have that labeling.

Just read the article. The last part about Snatcher being remade is sad. I'd really love an updated version of that game instead of the Sega CD version that I've owned all these years. I'd really love a Policenauts/Snatcher HD set.

i really don't care about them being HD,but being able to play the PS2 games on PS3 because it doesn't support PS2 games at all anymore.And Peace Walker is a huge bonus as i haven't played it yet because i can't stand a handheld console.MGS Portable ops was a pain to play through,the game was good but yeah handheld consoles aint my thing.

I think it's a great opportunity for many Xbox owners, finally being able to play part of the MGS series. Same goes for many PS3 only owners but I don't see myself buying the collection with my PS2 still running and the PS2 Games still at hand.

I think it's a great opportunity for many Xbox owners, finally being able to play part of the MGS series. Same goes for many PS3 only owners but I don't see myself buying the collection with my PS2 still running and the PS2 Games still at hand.

Trophies/Achievements!!!!! Woot.:clap

2. The classic MG and MG2 probably won't be included. The PS2 MGS Essentials Collection did not contain those two bonuses.

3. Doubtful.

re: p.s. - The Xbox 360 version of the MGS HD Collection includes Peace Walker, as it is shown on the box. :dunno I'm assuming that's what you meant.

they could easily fit the whole of Subsistence on the disc, hopefully they do that. It would just make sense to include the full versions of the games, if everyone bugs Konami im sure they will include them.

Im just confused that sony would let a PSP exclusive game port to the Xbox, but hey everyone deserves more MGS

@Solidus01

The problem with the GOW cut scenes is that they were pre recorded using the graphics, where as MGS2 + 3 cut scenes are all in game so that hopefully wont be a problem.

seeing as another group is handling it my dream of them improving the graphics besides HD is out the window. oh well

Ah I thought they were going to be utilising the MGS4 engine at first.

Quite disappointing, but still very awesome. Been wanting to play MGS3 for a while now and my PS3 is crapola with the FMVs.

Im just confused that sony would let a PSP exclusive game port to the Xbox, but hey everyone deserves more MGS

Me too. That's what my whole gripe about the PSP hits being released on the PS3 was all about. Seems like there's no reason to buy a PSP because if you just wait it out you'll just get it on the PS3....now on the 360 too. :cuckoo:

~~Maybe this release will get Kojima/Konami off their butts and add trophies to MGS4.

they could easily fit the whole of Subsistence on the disc, hopefully they do that. It would just make sense to include the full versions of the games, if everyone bugs Konami im sure they will include them.

@Solidus01

The problem with the GOW cut scenes is that they were pre recorded using the graphics, where as MGS2 + 3 cut scenes are all in game so that hopefully wont be a problem.

seeing as another group is handling it my dream of them improving the graphics besides HD is out the window. oh well

Yeah, you're right - I completely forgot that the cinematics for MGS games were rendered using the in-game graphic engine. I guess, I can put my fears to rest.

As for Peace Walker... I think that the decision to port the game was left up to Konami, since it was developed entirely by KojiPro.

This is good news, but will I be able to transfer over my existing saves on Peace Walker to the new PS3 version? I'd hate to have to go and start that game from scratch, seeing as how the missions are set up with the rankings and whatnot. Hopefully they'll utilize MGS3 controls as well, as using the regular regular buttons to move the camera was a pain sometimes.

Back