HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metal Gear 2 is all I need :rock Solid Snake = legend
facebook_like_button1.png

This is good news, but will I be able to transfer over my existing saves on Peace Walker to the new PS3 version? I'd hate to have to go and start that game from scratch, seeing as how the missions are set up with the rankings and whatnot. Hopefully they'll utilize MGS3 controls as well, as using the regular regular buttons to move the camera was a pain sometimes.

this has all been confirmed :)

only problem is you might got get the trophies

What's this? Silent Hill? How did I miss this out!!!
Definitely getting it, but kinda disappointed 4 is not included in the HD bundle. Cos thats the only game I didnt complete on the PS2 lolz.

Me too - doing this as the PS2 trilogy would have made sense, but I'll take what I can get. Hearing SH2 and SH3 in 5.1 16x9 widescreen is gonna rock.....

I never played a Silent Hill game before. I guess the collection is coming out at a good time.

Btw, something the IGN article I linked doesn't mention is that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is directing the new voice overs. I think most SH fans should recognize her contributions to the series. She's very experienced in directing English dubs of anime as well.

What's this? Silent Hill? How did I miss this out!!!
Definitely getting it, but kinda disappointed 4 is not included in the HD bundle. Cos thats the only game I didnt complete on the PS2 lolz.

SH 4 sucked massively anyway. I just wish this had 1, as that needs to be played to fully appreciate 3.

SH 4 sucked massively anyway. I just wish this had 1, as that needs to be played to fully appreciate 3.

Did it? I don't really know, I always played till I crawl out of the room for the first time, explore a bit n stop.

Didnt they did a 1 remake awhile back for the wii & PSP? Shattered Memories I believe it was called, been wanting to try that. Not sure how it plays though.

Did it? I don't really know, I always played till I crawl out of the room for the first time, explore a bit n stop.

Didnt they did a 1 remake awhile back for the wii & PSP? Shattered Memories I believe it was called, been wanting to try that. Not sure how it plays though.

Yeah, I think they did. I'm in the same boat. They also made it for the PS2 (thank God), so I have no reason why I haven't played it yet. SH 1 will always be my favorite.... as long as I have the internet to get me past that damnable piano puzzle at the school.

SH 4 was such a departure from the previous games. It had the clunky and obnoxious 1st person interludes at your apartment, a bland/boring story, you had to run from more combat than in previous games, and it introduced unkillable enemies (so you can imagine my horror when I read that the new one is also going to have those).

The only two good things that I took from it were that the main villain was first hinted at in one of those nonsensical random newspaper clippings that you found in SH 2 (pretty cool, I guess). Also, Akira Yamaoka was still at the top of his game with music with some great tracks like Melancholy Requiem, Wounded Warsong, and Room of Angel. I have the soundtrack CD's for Silent Hill 1-4, and I listen to them quite often. Love the stuff.

I totally missed this. I have the original Z.O.E games on PS2 but I would love to see them in HD. Same thing goes for Metal Gear.

I personally enjoyed SH 4. I wish they included this in the HD treatment. I thought the characters were pretty cool and I also like the ghosts. I like the idea of creating a monster where it doesnt matter what kind of weapon you have...whether you have the shotgun or not, the whole purpose is creating a dread where if you see it...RUN! SH games are great because of the ambience and I've enjoyed playing them multiple times and the thing is sometimes, that dread eventually goes away cause you know you'll have bullets to kill whatever. That's not the case with the ghosts. Kind of like the game Clocktower. Its a cool game cause its basically timed...you have a timer to run away from the killer and you cant just shoot him to kill him. So the object is to survice until he finally loses you and run off.

Turns out the Silent Hill HD Collection is coming out this fall, but only for PS3.

LOS ANGELES--When Konami releases the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections this November and next year, respectively, Xbox gamers will for the first time have a chance to experience the highly regarded franchises. However, Xbox 360 owners hoping for a similar high-definition update with the Silent Hill HD Collection shouldn't hold their breath.

Konami has confirmed that the Silent Hill HD Collection will only be coming to the PlayStation 3 when it ships this fall. The package will include HD updates for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, which were originally released in 2001 and 2003, respectively. Konami has also added all-new voice acting, as well as PlayStation Network trophy support.

https://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318672/e3-2011-silent-hill-hd-collection-spooking-ps3-this-fall

Well that sucks. Oh well, I can live without them. I still have SH 2 for both PS2 and Xbox, and I have SH3 for the PS2. If I want to play them then I'll settle for non-hd.

6 minutes Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Xbox360 version gameplay

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltzmu6RB1I"]YouTube - ‪Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD EDITION 360version Gameplay‬‏[/ame]

Karma, let me just say thanks mate, you pretty much keep me clued up on all things gaming with your posts of videos and stuff. Thanks man, much appreciated.

The MGS gameplay looks ace!

Karma, let me just say thanks mate, you pretty much keep me clued up on all things gaming with your posts of videos and stuff. Thanks man, much appreciated.

The MGS gameplay looks ace!

:lecture What Platty said. Thanks for keeping the news rolling, Karma.

Back