HD MGS, Silent Hill, and Z.O.E. collections announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bunnydanc Doin the happy dance, doin the happy dance :bunnydanc
:yess: I still don't have to buy a PS3.

Unless you want to play MGS 4. The Apple and Sony ads in the game are pretty much a guarantee that it will never make it to the 360.

^
Sorry, I should've specified that I was doing my little dance for ZoE and Silent Hill. I couldn't care less about MGS. I only played the first two and the GC remake of the first. I never could get into the 3rd one. It's still collecting dust on my shelf, just like the second Splinter Cell. I can't play either of those two franchises anymore.

I'm finally happy except that I still need my fat PS3 to play MGS1. Oh well, can't be 100% satisfied. I wonder if Nintendo has rights to it since they have the Twin Snakes??

best news at E3 yet and for all you 360 fans finnaly you will get to play some of the most epic games ever made.
but still no MGS4.

I will be getting this collection day one.

are they going to release peace walker separately? the only reason i ask is because i really dont need 2 and 3 and the japanese box art has a release for peace walker separate from the 2 and 3 re-release. does anyone have any info on it?

are they going to release peace walker separately? the only reason i ask is because i really dont need 2 and 3 and the japanese box art has a release for peace walker separate from the 2 and 3 re-release. does anyone have any info on it?

I think only japan is getting Peace Walker separately since it was shown stand alone only in the Japanese announcement.

I was hoping for a new box art by Yoji Shinkawa that encompasses all 3 games but oh well. I think the yellow peace walker art would look better on the compilation too, cant wait November isn't close enough!

I'm finally happy except that I still need my fat PS3 to play MGS1. Oh well, can't be 100% satisfied. I wonder if Nintendo has rights to it since they have the Twin Snakes??

Well, Twin Snakes was devleoped by Silicon Knights (a 3rd party developer in Canada) in collaboration with Konami. Nintendo wasn't involved in the development of the game... so there's hope that we might still see something for the PS3/360 some time in the future... :monkey2

I highly recommend playing the games in the order that they were released: MGS 1, MGS 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance, MGS 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence, MGS: Portable Ops, MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Peace Walker.

Just to avoid spoilers, I'd advise against playing the games in chronological order. For example, even though MGS 3 takes place before the other games in the series, there are some massive spoilers about MGS 3 toward the end of MGS 4.

Alright, thanks. So when you say Substance/ Subsistance, are there different versions of MGS 2&3? As for Portable Ops, is that one very important to the story as I don't own a PSP? I really want to get the full MGS experience though.

Alright, thanks. So when you say Substance/ Subsistance, are there different versions of MGS 2&3? As for Portable Ops, is that one very important to the story as I don't own a PSP? I really want to get the full MGS experience though.

No prob :). Yeah, there are two versions of MGS 2 and 3. "MGS 2: Substance" is like an special edition of "MGS 2: Sons of Liberty". It includes several additional side-quests with Snake, as well as bonus "V.R. Missions" that aren't included with the original game.

"MGS 3: Subsistence" is like a complete overhaul of the original MGS 3. The biggest improvement that it offers is a fully functional rotating camera, whereas the original MGS 3 only had a fixed, top-down camera. It might not sound like a big improvement on paper, but it really is, enough to make you feel as if you're playing a completely different game. Subsistence also includes a bonus disk with all of the in-game cinematics, as well as the PS2 version of "Metal Gear Online" (which doesn't work anymore).

You don't really have to play Substance for MGS 2. But, you should definitely experience "MGS 3: Subsistence" in all of its glory. That's the way that MGS 3 was meant to be played.

Portable Ops isn't really important to the main storyline, but it does answer a few lingering questions regarding the series, and it also introduces a few old characters from MGS 1. But, don't get a PSP just to play this game. Read up about it on Wiki and you'll be fine.

By the way, are you planning to play all of the games before the HD release? If so, I have an extra, used copy of MGS 2 (the original version) that I won't mind giving away for free. PM me if you're interested :rock.

I was planning on picking up the first MGS on PSN. Then getting the HD set, then MGS4. Are the versions of MGS 2&3 featured in this bundle the Substance/Subsistance versions?

I was planning on picking up the first MGS on PSN. Then getting the HD set, then MGS4. Are the versions of MGS 2&3 featured in this bundle the Substance/Subsistance versions?

That's a good question. But, since the series is being released and revamped for the PS3/360, I'm sure it would include the special edition versions.

Yeah, the main thing I'm worried about is that I'll like it too much and need to buy the Hot Toys figures. lol

Yeah, the main thing I'm worried about is that I'll like it too much and need to buy the Hot Toys figures. lol

Yeah, MGS pretty much dominates my wallet. My life has never been the same since I first played the games years ago.

I wonder if there is any chance that an HD version of the Gamecube version of MS1 will be a Nintendo Cafe/Stream exclusive launch title?

Back