Hasbro's 2008 Indy Line pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which makes it very sad. Maybe they'll put it up on HTS ( hasbrotoyshop.com) if there are enough requests.

which makes it very sad. Maybe they'll put it up on HTS ( hasbrotoyshop.com) if there are enough requests.

Sure, for the low price of $100. :lol The whole point of the ark is to get people to buy their figures, so the only way I could see them selling it straight out for a reasonable price is if they have a bunch left over after the movie excitement has died down or something.

I'll likely try to find some of the Indy figures to get the ark, and I can give my nephews some cool toys, minus the UPC codes of course...

Yeah, April/May.

BTW, Dave Myatt posted some cool new Hi-Res pics of Hasbro's initial INDY offerings at CoolToyReview:

Hasbro: Indiana Jones In Hi-Res

Here's a sample:

IJIndyKOTCS1.jpg

The little figures are nice. I doubt I'll be getting any though, gave up on 3 3/4" a long time ago. Well, maybe I'll pick up an Indy. :)

The only hasbro I know I'm getting is the Cairo Swordsman 12". Not a bad figure, and likely not something SS will produce.

Of course, I want that bloody ark too. Not sure how I'm gonna get 3 more stickers after the Swordsman because I don't like the other 12"s. Maybe they'll off a few more like Monkey Man or Marion in a different outfit than SS.

I wonder if Hasbro UK will offer the mailaway items?

I'd buy the shirtsleeve Indy and the Cairo swordsman, after that I'm struggling. Possibly the Nazi. I just hope there's two decent figures in the remaining four (I'm sure there'll at least be a Henry Jones Snr). We haven't seen any Temple of Doom Hasbro 12" figures yet, although there's a Mola Ram Mighty Mugg. I can't see a Mola Ram 12" figure (too grisly for kids) but a generic Thugee would be fantastic. I always loved their red and black outfits and the face paint.

Yeah, I'd go for a Thugee.

Hasbro's best at very simple outfits, so any Cairo character or Thugee cult member would work.

The Nazi looks so generic, there's absolutely no reference to an Indy movie in his appearance. In fact, I can't even place him.

HOWEVER -- that Hasbro Nazi uniform MIGHT work as Nazi Indy in "Last Crusade".

I *might* get the 12" Talking Indy even though he's so fugly just to match up with the Kenner, McCoy, and Sideshow 12"ers I have. It's sad that the likeness is even worse than that of over 20 years ago.

I really want to get a Hasbro Ark, but don't want to get 4 12" figures. I'm pretty confidant that Sideshow will eventually produce a superior Ark and I don't want 2 versions of the Ark so I'll probably wait. Hopefully Sideshow will announce that they are making an Ark accessory set before the Hasbro stuff comes out.

I'm kind of dissapointed by the 3 3/4" figures.,they looked better at Toyfair... but it could also be seeing them in HR they are larger than in person so it shows off the flaws more.

I was thinking about picking up one or two of them, but not as sure now.

The only one that comes close to nailing Ford's likeness is the Cairo shirtleeves Indy - which has poor leg articulation. Hopefully the head from this will fit on the generic Indy neck post, plus the Crystal Skull shirtsleeves Indy, which has better leg articulation. But yeah, it would be nice if we didn't have to make our own figures to get a decent Indy.

I also think the holsters will end up looking huge. I'd prefer a non-working holster to a dorky looking working one.

I'm still looking forward to walking into a supermarket and seeing Indy figures on the shelves, but at the moment I prefer the vintage line!

What's with the eyes on the 3 3/4"?

I've noticed with the SW line the articulation has gone up but the likenesses and plastic quality have gone way down. Almost looks waxy. The SW in the late 90's were way nicer than the 30th Anniversary stuff. This looks like the 30th anniversary.

I'll still be getting this line for the miniplaysets and army builders and I must admit they did look good in person. And I'll have the SSC as my perfect Indy.

Back