Harry Potter discussion thread- SPOILERS through book 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 2 more days:blissy First thing saturday morning i'll be at my local bookstore with a way to small Harry Potter t-shirt, wizard cap, wand and glasses on:woo:D

I don't really have anything to add, I just thought this was too cool. :blissy

Got my copy pre-ordered at 40% off (and a couple I'm giving as gifts, as well). I can't decide whether to devour it, or to savor each page, to make it last as long as possible -- this is the last book, after all.

I would savor it. But I can't. I got to fly through that thing as fast as possible so I finish it before I get to SDCC. I can't see how I could go through that thing without a single spoiler poping up in line for something. :monkey2

In two days I'll probably be in line/getting ready to get in line for the midnight release!

sith2.jpg

I just learned a terrible truth..

Apparently some orders from amazon WON'T be delivered on saturday and will be delivered on Monday. I sure hope that isn't my order. I would be REALLY pissed.

I can understand your frustration, but that is the risk inherent in mail order. When I want to be guaranteed of getting something on a specific event date like this, Amazon just isn't good enough.

Fortunately I have a friend at a local bookstore who will price match just about anything for me, so my copy (already paid for) will be waiting for me Saturday morning at 9 am.

sith2.jpg

I just learned a terrible truth..

Apparently some orders from amazon WON'T be delivered on saturday and will be delivered on Monday. I sure hope that isn't my order. I would be REALLY pissed.

Exactly why I don't order things I want ASAP online. Amazon's price can't be that much better than everywhere else.

Any idea if you can return a book you've read in a day or two and it is still in perfect condition? :lol

I can understand your frustration, but that is the risk inherent in mail order. When I want to be guaranteed of getting something on a specific event date like this, Amazon just isn't good enough.

Fortunately I have a friend at a local bookstore who will price match just about anything for me, so my copy (already paid for) will be waiting for me Saturday morning at 9 am.

I will just grab a copy on the morning it is released at Costco or something. I have done that for the last two books.

Exactly why I don't order things I want ASAP online. Amazon's price can't be that much better than everywhere else.

Any idea if you can return a book you've read in a day or two and it is still in perfect condition? :lol

It probably isn't. I am sure alot of places will have this thing for 50% off. If you buy it at Borders and Barnes and Noble you probably can easily return it. Hell half the books on there shelves are less than perfect and have clearly been read.

I will just grab a copy on the morning it is released at Costco or something. I have done that for the last two books.
I've done that with most of the previous books too, but where I live now this particular bookstore is much closer than Costco, and since they pricematched the walmart.com price for me, I'm saving money AND time.

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for the past few months. I just finished book 6 a few hours ago and I can tell you that I am a wreck right now. I can't believe that SOB Snape!!! I had a hard enough time with Serious' death but Dumbledore too!!! I will be in line at 11:45 to pick up my book from my local Booksamillion. I can't believe I have to suffer through all day tomorrow knowing what I have to look forward to at midnight. I will be avoiding the internet all day except to order the Mace maquette tomorrow.

I guess Abstract can start the book 7 thread and I'll be there as soon as I finish this weekend. Does anyone know how long this last book will be?

I've done that with most of the previous books too, but where I live now this particular bookstore is much closer than Costco, and since they pricematched the walmart.com price for me, I'm saving money AND time.

and we all know how valuable your time is.:monkey5

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for the past few months. I just finished book 6 a few hours ago and I can tell you that I am a wreck right now. I can't believe that SOB Snape!!! I had a hard enough time with Serious' death but Dumbledore too!!! I will be in line at 11:45 to pick up my book from my local Booksamillion. I can't believe I have to suffer through all day tomorrow knowing what I have to look forward to at midnight. I will be avoiding the internet all day except to order the Mace maquette tomorrow.

I guess Abstract can start the book 7 thread and I'll be there as soon as I finish this weekend. Does anyone know how long this last book will be?

I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for you one bit. The rest of us have had to wait 2 years after HBP. Now that is/was hard!

Amazon has delivered the last 2 on the day of release, so I'm comfortable with getting it on Saturday. I'm just re-reading HBP now so I'll be ready.

I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for you one bit. The rest of us have had to wait 2 years after HBP. Now that is/was hard!

serious. ive read the books on release since book 3 in like 1998, so I've been waiting a LONG time for this series to finish. Hope book 7 is all I hope it is. And I BETTER not be the monday delivery amazon.....

serious. ive read the books on release since book 3 in like 1998, so I've been waiting a LONG time for this series to finish. Hope book 7 is all I hope it is. And I BETTER not be the monday delivery amazon.....

Which is exactly why I just went to my local book store and ordered it. They are having a release party and will be handing it out at midnight. My mail doesn't usually show up until 4 pm so I get an extra 16 hours jump hoping it'd arrive tomorrow.

Which is exactly why I just went to my local book store and ordered it. They are having a release party and will be handing it out at midnight. My mail doesn't usually show up until 4 pm so I get an extra 16 hours jump hoping it'd arrive tomorrow.

I SOOOO should have done that. I still think I am goign to get a midnight copy just to read and the second copy to keep mint.

I am going to go to my local wal-mart (very un-hip, I know) to get mine. They are sure to have enough copies. I think I preordered one from target but I can't remember...

Back