Harry Potter discussion thread- SPOILERS through book 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful Tom, Remember there was that video circulating of the ******* driving by the line at the bookstore waiting for HBP and screaming out "Snape kills Dumbledore!" I'm sure this one will be easy to spoil. I'd imagine some big new outlet will have a headline or something to the effect of "HARRY POTTER DIES!" or "HARRY POTTER LIVES!".

I think the only way to remain spoiler free will be to avoid the TV or internet until you finish the book (which will be impossible since it is the same week as SDCC). But really, I think, we all know Harry aint-a-die'in right?.... guys?.... :confused: :monkey2

pixletwin said:
I think the only way to remain spoiler free will be to avoid the TV or internet until you finish the book (which will be impossible since it is the same week as SDCC). But really, I think, we all know Harry aint-a-die'in right?.... guys?.... :confused: :monkey2

Yea, I think Harry's goign to live. He'll join the ranks of great characters that lived at the end of their runs. Like SHANE and BUTCH and SUNDANCE.......

Darklord Dave said:
Careful Tom, Remember there was that video circulating of the ******* driving by the line at the bookstore waiting for HBP and screaming out "Snape kills Dumbledore!" I'm sure this one will be easy to spoil. I'd imagine some big new outlet will have a headline or something to the effect of "HARRY POTTER DIES!" or "HARRY POTTER LIVES!".

UHHHH, I don't care how young they were. If someone spoiled HBP for me like that, I would get in my car, chase them down, and beat the spoiler out of them with Danny's Batton...:chew :chew :maul :maul

I read the last book in a little over three days (I was on vacation so I just read all the time..) And I'm on vacation when this book comes out so I'll be the one screaming the spoilers...

J/K..

Though, I'll work for another 2½ weeks and then I have a vacation to jan. 23... :D

Calle_Sandell said:
I read the last book in a little over three days (I was on vacation so I just read all the time..) And I'm on vacation when this book comes out so I'll be the one screaming the spoilers...

J/K..

Though, I'll work for another 2½ weeks and then I have a vacation to jan. 23... :D

Sorry, perhaps I read your wrong. But did you say you have a vacation from July to January 23rd ??? If so, can I have that job?

pixletwin said:

Its even worse for us GOING to SDCC. My family and I all have to finish it before we arrive because I just can't see getting through that madhouse and not hearing about it at some point.

Buttmunch said:
Its even worse for us GOING to SDCC. My family and I all have to finish it before we arrive because I just can't see getting through that madhouse and not hearing about it at some point.

Yea, I usually like to read 1 chapter per day, but I'm not going to be able to. So read it in 2 days and that's it.

I plan on savoring every page like I did with #6. I happened to pick it up at the San Diego airport bookstore as I was waiting for my plane home. It was all I could do to keep from reading more than 1 chapter during my flight. This year, I will be bringing it with me to SDCC to read on the plane there and back.

As for who will be Harry's keeper after Hogwarts....and I can't help but think that JKR will not DARE kill him off...IF Sirius is not dead by the end, he'll be living with him. If Sirius is dead, then who else but the Weasley's?

Darth Caedus said:
Sorry, perhaps I read your wrong. But did you say you have a vacation from July to January 23rd ??? If so, can I have that job?

It's mine :emperor

:monkey5

Calle_Sandell said:
It's mine :emperor

:monkey5

noooooooo.jpg

Come on, throw me a bone at least, what industry is it in? I was thinking about lotto winner, I want that job.

Darth Caedus said:
Come on, throw me a bone at least, what industry is it in? I was thinking about lotto winner, I want that job.

Hmm.. Lotto winner would be nice! I started a association, the "life Enjoyment association" (Don't know if it correctly translatet but in Sweden it was "livsnjutar föreningen") basiclly it was for rich, stressed people. And the members fee was like 1 million dollar (To pay for my realaxing etc.)

Unfortunatley no one entered (Suprise!)so I couldn't live like that...:( It was a good thuoght though..

Now i just graduated and gonna do my military service, but it isn't until Jan 23- and getting a good job in Sweden for only the fall is very hard. (Damn military for being so stupid!! Why couldn't i begin his fall??) so the military is basiclly paying me until I will do the military service. It isn't much but it's something, and if I get a job that's fine and they'll still pay me the same amount.

Now you know...:rolleyes:

I just remembered that the character they were going to cut and Jo said not to was Kreacher. At least I think I remember reading that.

How could they cut Kreacher? He was the whole reason Harry went off to the ministry in OotP. It had to have been someone else.

Memnoch21 said:
Or Harry will just take over Grimmauld Place since hes an adult, and a well off one at that.

Or the best scenario....Harry (with his inherited Grimmauld Place) will invite the Weasley's to take up residence there instead of the cramped Burrow...he would still have a mother and brother (Ron) figures close at hand and the Weasleys will finally have some sense of financial peace. I can't imagine Harry, even if he were to go into an Auror apprenticeship, crashing about alone in that big place, especially since he won't have the fellowship of Hogwarts to divert him for 9 months of the year anymore.

Wetanut said:
Or the best scenario....Harry (with his inherited Grimmauld Place) will invite the Weasley's to take up residence there instead of the cramped Burrow...he would still have a mother and brother (Ron) figures close at hand and the Weasleys will finally have some sense of financial peace. I can't imagine Harry, even if he were to go into an Auror apprenticeship, crashing about alone in that big place, especially since he won't have the fellowship of Hogwarts to divert him for 9 months of the year anymore.

Honestly, I can see harry burning it to the ground. so many bad memories there and sirius hated it.

Darth Caedus said:
Honestly, I can see harry burning it to the ground. so many bad memories there and sirius hated it.

Me too. I can't picture Harry wanting to live there. Sirius himself hated living there.

True...but why? The darkness that took over that family will be lifted once You-Know-Who and company are defeated and things get sorted out. The Weasley's will bring life back into it. (yeah...I know it sounds too much like a happily ever after ending, but there's GOT to be some glimmer of hope that JKR will throw in to show that things will be looking brighter despite the deaths and destruction that's surely to come in the final book?):monkey2

And they all die horrible deaths.

The End. Sorry. :monkey1

I actually think that this next Potter film will be pretty good. Perhaps Harry could sell the place and buy a nicer one. I'm sure some stuck up wizard would want it.

Back