Harry Potter discussion thread- SPOILERS through book 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since we were over using the white text in the other thread. Here's a thread for spoiler chat on book 6.

I hadn't heard that Jo had come out and said that Albus was definitely dead. Has she done the same for Sirius? I'm really curious how they handle that in the film, because in the book I was convinced that he wasn't dead just from falling beyond the veil.

Yay for this thread. Is the other one spoiler 7 safe? Even though it may just be speculation I want to avoid just in case... I think Sirius is dead, I could be wrong, but she doesn't seem to be the kind of author who plays the gotcha he's not really dead card.

Since there is no real leak of 7 I'd imagine all threads will be spoiler safe until July 21st.

Thanks Dave. I was skeptical the leak was real, but since I didn't want to take the chance I avoided everything having to do with it like the plague so I don't even know what the story with it is. :lol July 21st cannot come soon enough.

I'm pretty sure she hasn't come out and said Sirius is dead. I'm still not convinced he is dead. I mean Harry has to end up with SOMEONE if he doesn't die. So his choices would be 1) Dursleys -not at all likely. 2) By himself - I guess it could happen. 3) Sirius - if not really dead. 4) Snape -if he is good I suppose (and doesn't die). 4) ???

I did hear her say that Dumbledore was for sure dead though. She said he isn't Gandalf. He could pop up through his portrait or flashbacks I would imagine.

Anyone got ideas on the 7 Horcruxes?

X1) Riddle Diary
X2) Ring
3) Locket (possibly at Sirius' house)
4) Huffepuff cup
5) ?Griffindor sword?
6) ????
7) ?Harry's scar?

Anyone like the idea that Voldemort becomes more snake like as every locket is destroyed? Ironically the films have been doing this even if they didn't mean to. In the first film, Voldemort had a nose on the back of Quirrel. But in GoF he had the flat nose. Inbetween those films, the diary was destroyed, thus his nose flattening. Perhaps he can get his red eyes, fangs, scales, etc.

I think the book states that as each horcrux is destroyed Voldemort becomes increasingly mortal. I guess he could still be mortal and snake-ish.

As for Sirius, I think he is alive too.. maybe... I really do think Harry's scar is the 7th Horcrux. I am so anxious for book 7 to come out... I should have paced my reading better. It sucks having to wait. :lol

Also Buttmunch, I have been thinking about what you said about who wil raise Harry... To me this is a non-issue. By the end of 6 Harry realises he is a man and can no longer look to anyone but himself for protection.

You said "I mean Harry has to end up with SOMEONE if he doesn't die." He will end up with (assuming he doesn't die) with Ginny. I am sure he will be done with the Dursley's and all other "parenting" figures early on in the book-I feel quite confident about that.

July 21st really can't come soon enough.

I would guess he hooks up with Ginny too (and obviously Ron with Hermione if they don't die). I suppose he doesn't need someone to live with, but I think he should have some "family" if he lives. He obviously can't be with his parents, but Sirus is always an option. I just feel after everything he shouldn't just be alone (girlfriend or not).

I'm thinking about reading book six again and just watch the 5 films to refresh myself for the finale since I don't have time to read them all again.

BTW, the marketing guys for this book should be given the killing curse. What was wrong with book 7 coming out on 7-7-07? Thats just as bad as a Bond film not coming out for 2007! At least the Omen got it right last year :rolleyes:

He's 18, if he survives he can just go to the ministry and become an apprentice auror or something and with Voldemort dead (assumingly) he doesn't need the protection of living with his mother's family.

The Weasley twins are established businessmen at 18 - the wizarding world matures faster I guess.

Looking forward to book 7, want to know what going to happen to Snape. I keep thinking that Dumbledore and Snape were arguing in 6 was because Dumbledore needed to be killed by Snape so that Draco would'nt be killed by the Death Eaters. AS the most important thing to Dumbledore is the safety of his students. Im hoping that the anger on Snape when he kills Dumbledore face is at Voldemort for making have to kill one of the only people who trusted him.

Last edited:
Jeez, I could write 20 pages on this subject, but I'll try to condense it. Here's what I think the horcruxes are...

X1) Riddle Diary
X2) Gaunt Ring
3) Locket (possibly at Sirius' house) -> I think it's understood that JK left us a little easter egg in OoTP about this locket. I think that the fate of it could be: A) Kreacher kept it and it is still at Grimmauld place B) Mundungus stole it and the trio have to find it (which could be the character they wanted to write out of OoTP movie and needed to keep in...read my earlier post)
4) Huffepuff cup
5) Unknown Relic (Could be something of Hufflepuffs/Ravenclaw)
6) Nagini (I think that is the last line of defense for riddle, having his horcrux so near him with something so loyal to him,but I'm not too sure )
7) Harry (Could have been inadvertently turned into a keeper of a piece of riddle's soul)

As for Snape being good/evil: he's "goodish". What I like so much about the character is that for him there is no white or black, but ALL gray. He's a tortured soul and a lonely man. He is trapped between his loyalty to dumbledore and his hatred for anything related to ANY potter. Since rowling has portrayed him and something of a genius, I think it's well within his power to know about all the horcruxes and possibly have a way to locate/destroy them. So I think he'll help the trio in the destruction of the horcruxes, but not like it :lol

Dumbledore's character was always about saving others. He knew that if he didn't die, then Draco would die for failing his "master". so the choice was simple for dumbledore. I still think that when snape was hesitating, they were performing legilimancy on each other and arguing, when dumbledore just finished with speaking aloud "please" and then snape killed him to save draco. I think that draco/snape will end up being pivotal role in the destruction of voldemort. I do agree with ian1138, snape's anger was in having to kill the only man he's ever trusted and I really hope he gives voldemort a run for his money if they ever do fight in the book.

Harry will end up with Ginny, if he survives of course. I think that's pretty laid out for us. He has more or less become a member of that family anyway, so making it official wouldn't really change that much. Remus will die I think protecting harry, I mean he's a werewolf and what was the point of giving wormtail a SILVER hand if not to kill a werewolf with it. :monkey2 :monkey2 He's one of my favorite characters, but he will bite the dust. I'm rambling on here, so no more...

I like how you think Conger. That would explain how Harry inherited some of Riddle's power. As for the release date, I guess JKR didn't want to compete with the Smashing Pumpkins. :rock

I haven't been reading up on the true HP fan sites (like Mugglenet, etc.) since I've not really studied the books like many of them do, but does anyone have any thoughts regarding the potential importance of at least two characters: Aunt Pentunia and Neville Longbottom?

What I find intriguing is that Dumbledore had a nice tete-a-tete with her which obviously shook her up, but her treatment of Harry seemed just a bit less severe after that talk. Does anyone know if only Harry's mother was magical in that family and she was an anomaly or if there were others and Petunia is, in fact, a true squib. Which would lend itself to the theory that her overbearing hatred of all magic was founded on envy. Anyway, I'm wondering if she has a bigger role to play in #7.

Also intriguing is how Neville's experiences parallel Harry's. And he keeps popping up in small, but critical places within the story. And, it has been alluded to that HE may be the ONE. Again, I'm thinking he's gonna play a big role in #7.

Wetanut said:
....does anyone have any thoughts regarding the potential importance of at least two characters: Aunt Pentunia and Neville Longbottom?.

It would be great if she turns out to have magical powers. That would be absolute poetic justice. :cool:

Snapes on a Plane:

snapesonaplanedj4.jpg

tomandshell said:
Snapes on a Plane:

snapesonaplanedj4.jpg
:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha Funniest think I've seen all day

Wetanut said:
What I find intriguing is that Dumbledore had a nice tete-a-tete with her which obviously shook her up, but her treatment of Harry seemed just a bit less severe after that talk. Does anyone know if only Harry's mother was magical in that family and she was an anomaly or if there were others and Petunia is, in fact, a true squib. Which would lend itself to the theory that her overbearing hatred of all magic was founded on envy. Anyway, I'm wondering if she has a bigger role to play in #7.

Also intriguing is how Neville's experiences parallel Harry's. And he keeps popping up in small, but critical places within the story. And, it has been alluded to that HE may be the ONE. Again, I'm thinking he's gonna play a big role in #7.

Pretty sure Harry's mother was a little bit like Hermione. All non-magic family that just by chance happens to have a magical child. Both Hermione/Lily have the same background and have been described as extremely powerful. I too think that the hatred comes from envy. I think Pentunia already has seem in a few books about the things her sister could do. Let's face it, if my sister was doing that stuff too, I would be jealous. I too don't think her character is done yet.

I like the Neville character a lot. Shows that by the choice of voldemort, he changed not only his own fate, but the fate of harry and neville. I hope neville comes into his own and end up killing belatrix (but i doubt that will happen, can't have kids going on a murder streak :rock)

Wetanut said:
I haven't been reading up on the true HP fan sites (like Mugglenet, etc.) since I've not really studied the books like many of them do,

Funny, I logged my little cousin onto the mugglenet.com chat room, and some people have interesting theories about what is going to happen in book 7. I was dragged over to read some every couple of minutes. should check it out for a couple of minutes.

I'm going to do my very best to go into the last HP book ever completely spoiler free. And it will be out for a week before I will be back home so I can start reading--so wish me luck.

tomandshell said:
I'm going to do my very best to go into the last HP book ever completely spoiler free. And it will be out for a week before I will be back home so I can start reading--so wish me luck.

Good Luck on that. With everybody in the world and their Grandma reading it, I doubt you'll be able to keep spoiler free.

But here's a hint, this guy will be in it

775.jpg

Back