Harry Potter discussion thread- SPOILERS through book 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd never really considered that motivation for Snape - but it does make sense from that brief scene. Is that scene in Phoenix?

I'd never really considered that motivation for Snape - but it does make sense from that brief scene. Is that scene in Phoenix?

Yeah. its during the occlumency lessons with snape. he looks in the pensieve while severus is gone and sees the scene of James Potter teasing snape.

So just two and a half days left, I'm excited. My Birthday's tomorrow and SDCC is next week, good week for me, good week. :chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

ah. its during the occlumency lessons with snape. he looks in the pensieve while severus is gone and sees the scene of James Potter teasing snape.

Actually I meant, is it in the movie? And it is a little bit when Harry shields against the legitimens and sees Snape's thoughts. But Lily isn't in that scene at all.

After thinking about it, the only change that I thought was a mistake in the film was how Fred and George left. In the book it's to distract Umbridge and Filch so Harry can use her floo, but in the movie it's just pointless.

Actually I meant, is it in the movie? And it is a little bit when Harry shields against the legitimens and sees Snape's thoughts. But Lily isn't in that scene at all.

After thinking about it, the only change that I thought was a mistake in the film was how Fred and George left. In the book it's to distract Umbridge and Filch so Harry can use her floo, but in the movie it's just pointless.

Revenge is never pointless. :monkey3

I don't remember that. Can you elaborate? :confused:

It's been a while since I read it but I remember Harry yelling out to Snape after he killed Dumbledore. Then Snape rushes up to him and yells in Harry's face that he is not a coward. I think it was the plan all along for Snape to kill Dumbledore because it was the only way. Therefore it took quite a great deal of courage for Snape to kill Dumbledore and go through with the final plans. I really believe Snape is not as evil or horrible as he claims to be and will surprise all of us in the end. Malfoy will also come back as a redeemable character as well. Just wait and see. :D

I don't remember that. Can you elaborate? :confused:

"Kill me like you killed him, you coward-"
"DON'T-" screamed Snape, and his face was suddenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, howling dog stuck in the burning house behind them-
"CALL ME COWARD!"

It's been a while since I read it but I remember Harry yelling out to Snape after he killed Dumbledore. Then Snape rushes up to him and yells in Harry's face that he is not a coward. I think it was the plan all along for Snape to kill Dumbledore because it was the only way. Therefore it took quite a great deal of courage for Snape to kill Dumbledore and go through with the final plans. I really believe Snape is not as evil or horrible as he claims to be and will surprise all of us in the end. Malfoy will also come back as a redeemable character as well. Just wait and see. :D

That was my thought as well.

Oh yeah. Thanks Rory (edit: and banni). That makes sense. Doesn't he also take a blood oath to finish the job (killing Dumbledore) should Malfoy fail? If Snape was really one of the most important allies Dumbledore had he would have had to kill Dumbledore so he could stay alive to do what ever it is he will do in #7.

Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy

That was my thought as well.

You also have to remember that Snape could have easily killed Harry at any second but in my opinion he is part of Dumbledore plan so he did not.

I also don't believe Sirius is dead. Too many hints that he will be returning although in the movie bellatrix lestrange does a killing curse on him which I find strange because I don't remember that happening in the book.

and Snape made Harry's glasses when he was boy... and Dumbledore is Harry come back from the future to preserve his young self since there are Time Wars going on.

And Sarah Connor is who Harry actually ends up with in the end.

Sorry to spoil it for you all. :monkey2

and Snape made Harry's glasses when he was boy... and Dumbledore is Harry come back from the future to preserve his young self since there are Time Wars going on.

:censored:censored:censored:censored

I knew someone on this board would've read the leaked copy.....I should've stayed away:monkey2

Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy Can't wait for Saturday. :blissy

I don't really have anything to add, I just thought this was too cool. :blissy

Got my copy pre-ordered at 40% off (and a couple I'm giving as gifts, as well). I can't decide whether to devour it, or to savor each page, to make it last as long as possible -- this is the last book, after all.

I don't really have anything to add, I just thought this was too cool. :blissy

Got my copy pre-ordered at 40% off (and a couple I'm giving as gifts, as well). I can't decide whether to devour it, or to savor each page, to make it last as long as possible -- this is the last book, after all.

Savor it. :):monkey5

Back