Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I thought this one was being split as well?

Hmph, glad I got that cleared up before I made a fool of myself. Is this coming out this fall?

Hmph, glad I got that cleared up before I made a fool of myself. Is this coming out this fall?

...Half Blood Prince comes out Nov. 21st.

...The Deathly Hallows Part I comes out Nov. 2010, with Part II coming May 2011, i believe.
The gap between Prince and Hallows Part I is gonna suck big time!!:emperor

it will, but there is SOOO much that's important that happens in book seven, I'm glad they're doing 3 films to cover all of it.

I agree that the movies are more a supplement to the books rather than something that can stand on their own. I don't know that I'd have liked ANY of the movies without reading the books first.

I can vouch for that statement. I saw the first movie when it was in theaters and thought it was boring. After the second movie came out, I read a review in which the reviewer thought the first movie was boring but enjoyed the second movie much more. So I rented the 2nd movie when it came out on DVD and I didn't really like it any better than the 1st. I didn't bother seeing the other movies.

Then, towards the end of February last year, with book 7 just months away, I decided to give the books a try. I ordered book 1 from amazon.com and finished it quicker than I had expected. I really enjoyed it so I ordered books 2-4 and, eventually, 5 and 6. After finishing the books I went back and watched the movies. I actually enjoy the movies now, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed reading the books.

I'm really looking forward to seeing HBP when it comes out. When the heck are we going to see a trailer for the movie. :monkey2

Did Alan Rickman put on some pounds there? Usually Snape is pretty gaunt.

I'm curious to see how long the movie will be. I hope it will be 135-145 min.

I wish they weren't splitting DH into two movies. The biggest problem with the first two movies was their slavishness to the books. The longest book (and arguably least successful) was OOTP, which became the shortest movie. The movie is great, the book is a chore.
Plus, DH is like 60% camping. If LOTR taught us anything, it's to cut out as much camping as possible.

I wish they weren't splitting DH into two movies. The biggest problem with the first two movies was their slavishness to the books. The longest book (and arguably least successful) was OOTP, which became the shortest movie. The movie is great, the book is a chore.
Plus, DH is like 60% camping. If LOTR taught us anything, it's to cut out as much camping as possible.

BLASPHEMY! I thought the first two films were the BEST ones for that exact reason.

I'm curious to see how long the movie will be. I hope it will be 135-145 min.

I hope its longer then OOTP, they chopped that movie up too much. They should atleast put out a extended edition like LOTR.

I don't care what they do...I like all of the Potter films, so anything they do (that remains consistent) is all good in my book. Just don't like seeing new actors take roles that we are used to seeing. I couldn't imagine anybody else playing Harry, Ron, or Hermoine.

IMAX Half-Blood Prince teaser Youtube!

And new picture of Harry and Slughorn.
hp6d082631sb2.jpg

Really looking forward to this movie, its my favorite book out of the series so I'm really hoping they don't f it up :lol

Back