Star Ace Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Lucius Malfoy 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That has to be one of the worst likenesses on a $200 figure i have seen. It looks absolutely nothing like Jason Isaacs. The only things that look good on this are the cane and the death eater mask. Everything else looks absolutely terrible. It's a shame because some of the figures in this line have been good but not this one.

:exactly: It's awful. Doesn't warrant anything remotely near that price tag. Shame because the line started out so promising, the Year 1 versions of the trio and both versions of Dumbledore were excellent figures (IMO) and now what with this and the recent Hermione effort I am seriously concerned as to how the 1/6 Fantastic Beasts Newt figure will end up looking :panic: :(

Star Ace, what's going on? Snape, Teen Hermoine, Artemesia, Queen Gorgo, Lee Dracula, now Malfoy. Is X-Plus still doing your hs?

I’m still a fan of Snape

554E1532-7964-4479-851F-F9E591DD7691.jpeg

Oh my God. What is happening to this line? What's going on over at Star Ace?

Seriously, WHAT?! :gah:

This thing is weirdly terrifying.

Oh my God. What is happening to this line? What's going on over at Star Ace?

Seriously, WHAT?! :gah:

This thing is weirdly terrifying.

It’s a common trend..I’m betting Star Ace isn’t getting the sales they predicted on their HP line, so they are getting sloppy with the materials and craftsmanship

Instead of compromising HS detail, they should cut cost of each figure then that will generate more revenue

If you’re a company serious about competing in this market, prioritize your money to attract great sculptors, and great teaching painters. It’s far easier to forgive compromises is tailoring detail than a sculpt that looks only marginally like the subject.

First looking at the pics, I thought the body was too small. Now I realize the head is too big. The likeness isn't bad but the proportions of the figure are all off. And this is the PROMO. It's only downhill from there.

It looks like they're just using the teenage male body for everything. I think Voldemort used it too, but because of the robes it wasn't as obvious. They need to develop a bigger body for the adult male figures.

First looking at the pics, I thought the body was too small. Now I realize the head is too big. The likeness isn't bad but the proportions of the figure are all off. And this is the PROMO. It's only downhill from there.

Doesn't bode well for the final piece does it. :(

Star Ace is using the same male body they've used all along - it's not the Teen Harry.

The sculpt doesn't look too bad...but the head is atrociously oversized. A flaw like that can make it impossible for anyone to see past it. They need to get it corrected and new photos out asap.

This is a licensed $200+ figure we can't accept that the sculpt isn't too bad. The sculpt is a big part for me on a licensed figure. If the clothing isn't completely accurate I can kind of let that slide somewhat. Hermione doesn't bode well for this figure. If no care was taken on her, what chance does Malfoy have.

Back