Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

OOTP is my favourite book of the series but I felt that the film didn't even work as film unless you had read the book.

That being said, it only need another 30 mins to make the film a masterpiece (mainly Sirius/Harry moments).

I didn't see the emotional weight in the movie to the battles in the Ministry.

I have liked all the movies so far. Can't say I hated any one of them... But really I would say OOTP is my favorite so far.

For the books, Book 7 is my fave.

I think that the books are absolutley amazing! All of them!

But the movies stinks, I feel that I've said it a million times before so I won't bother you and tell why...

And now this? New quiditch outfits? But why??? And that butt-ugly helmets is really aweful!

The movies are really going down hill IMO, The first two were OK, and then the changed the directors etc. and from there they produced one film more horrible then the other!:monkey4

I am really excited about this movie since this'll be my first movie after a reading the books. I finished the last book this past week. I very much enjoyed each and everyone of them but for some reason, Order of the Phoenix was both my least favorite book and movie. I just thought that the story progressed way too slow considering it was the largest book. And yes, Quidditch is essential to this movie, just as much as it should have been for the last one.

I am really excited about this movie since this'll be my first movie after a reading the books. I finished the last book this past week. I very much enjoyed each and everyone of them but for some reason, Order of the Phoenix was both my least favorite book and movie. I just thought that the story progressed way too slow considering it was the largest book. And yes, Quidditch is essential to this movie, just as much as it should have been for the last one.

I can agree that OoTP book was a littl tedious. I just wanted to smack Harry while reading the book. But it is also one of my favorites. The story really started to progress in GoF, but in OoTP, you realized that people would be dying and that the books really started to get darker.

How would you guys rank movie 5 along with the others i have not seen it yet?

How would you guys rank movie 5 along with the others i have not seen it yet?

The only thing I didn't like about OotP was the stories pacing... at times it seemed to go too slow and at others like it didn't spend enough time.

I would rank the movies like this:

5. Chamber of Secrets
4. Sorcerer's Stone
3. Prison of Azkaban
2. Goblet of Fire
1. Order of the Phoenix

THX
so far it's like this for me.

1.SS
2.COS
3.GOF
4.POA

5..PENDING

I love all of these movies (please don't ask me to rank them). The books are infinately better though. I had never read the books until this summer so this new movie will be the first I've seen that I know what's gonna happen. We'll see how I react now that I already know what is gonna happen. Even so, is there anyone who isn't eagerly anticipating those last few scenes from this book?

1. PoA
2. GoF
3. OoP
4. CoS
1. SS

I agree that the movies are more a supplement to the books rather than something that can stand on their own. I don't know that I'd have liked ANY of the movies without reading the books first.

For me:
1. OotP
2. PoA
3. SS
4. GoF
5. CoS

I loved OotP and PoA because they were so dark, which I feel suits these books well. I have read all the books, several times, and therefore had no problem keeping along with the movies...but I could see where those who have not might get a bit lost or confused. I also wish that OotP was a bit longer...there was so much that could have been included...but was still satisfied with the final product and as soon as it was over I wanted to see it again. Ended up seeing it 3 times in theaters...2 at Imax in 3-D and once at a regular theater. They are amazing books and wonderful movies. I am very excited for the next to come out.
Now, an extended box set version would be marvelous!!! Look how much LOTR made with the different versions they put out on DVD. I would most definitely buy any extended version that they offered for the HP movies.

Books: ( I love all the books, just a couple of little more than others)
1. POA
2. HBP
3. GOF
4. DH
5. SS
6. OoTP
7. COS

Movies:
1. POA
2. SS
3. GOF
4. OoTP/COS Don't know who's last

The books are infinately better though. I had never read the books until this summer so this new movie will be the first I've seen that I know what's gonna happen. We'll see how I react now that I already know what is gonna happen. Even so, is there anyone who isn't eagerly anticipating those last few scenes from this book?
That's exactly how I feel. I didn't start reading the books until the middle of last month and this movie will be the first one that I already know what happened. I really hope they don't make this one as short as the last one.

Well I'm probably biased as I worked on two of them, but I think all the films have their merits, just in different ways.

I agree though, I liked the darker feel to Azkaban, and Goblet had some truly beautiful effects work done on it.

Well I'm probably biased as I worked on two of them, but I think all the films have their merits, just in different ways.

I agree though, I liked the darker feel to Azkaban, and Goblet had some truly beautiful effects work done on it.

Well, the first two movies were the loyalist to the books. But they felt almost like a stage play. Great sets and then everybody acted it out. It didn't feel like a MOVIE, if that makes any sense. Don't know if that was because of hte child actors or not. Even though I think that Watson's best performance was in SS; ever since then, we get the crazy moving eyebrows.... Cuaron brought little differences betwen the books/movies, different angles, more on an interactive feel to the film. But with PoA my favorite book, I do wish it was a little longer, but I digress.

Even so, is there anyone who isn't eagerly anticipating those last few scenes from this book?

I don't know if I would say I'm eagerly anticipating them. :lol :lol I'm a total sap when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll have to remember to bring a BIG box of Kleenex with me to the movie. :monkey2

I think it good we see quidditch again before the movie are complete, hope it's looks like it did in what little there was in PoA, with ron getting some action.

PoA was the best by far it had a really cool look to it (a strange scotland in the winter clouds), PS because it feels like christmas when i watch it, then the rest equally.

Anybody see that RK made 7 Bettle of the Bard books for charity, all hand written by her.

Here https://www.mugglenet.com/, scroll down you can see which kids are being tom riddle and lavender brown.

I know I can't wait for the last few scenes. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I REALLY REALLY can't wait for the Forbidden Forest scene in Deathly Hallows though... :rock :rock :rock

QUOTE]

Which ones did you work and what you do there, always thought it would be great to work on any movie, alot of kid from around my area are extras.

Back