Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Very much looking forward to seeing this on the big screen.

The first time I watched it my sound was off. So I thought Youtube had broken down. Man how short can a teaser be?:monkey1

VERY short but havnt they done that with all the Harry potter movies?

Everyone was B^^^^^^g when it went flashed in and out at the theatre.:rotfl

VERY short but havnt they done that with all the Harry potter movies?

Yup, remember for GOF it was just a "4" on Harry's back.

Some Images. Some may be in the thread already. Really don't give enough of a ^^^^ to check.

Slug.jpg

Harry.jpg

See, that's what a teaser trailer is supposed to be - none of this Watchmen crap with actually showing the characters, key scenes and cool effects. Good job Warners you sure know how to do a trailer...
wait, they're from the same studio?

Excellent teaser, it really does only tease you.

I saw this last night at the IMAX Dark Knight. Most teasery teaser trailer EVER!

Haha, the manager that was speaking to us before the movie started said that there would be two previews. The Watchman trailer, and 7 seconds of Harry Potter. Boy was he right!:rotfl

Quick question to you Potter fans. I just caught my first Potter movie on HBO the other night. I think it was the last one that came out, can't remember the name. Is this a series that you really need to watch from the beginning to enjoy? Or was the last one a weak installment, because I didn't enjoy it. Is this a thing you kind of grow attached to the characters from the first movie on?

Yes, you definitely need to see it from the beginning. The characters and their relationships are just as important as the magical environment.

One and two are probably the weakest in the series, 3 is the favorite of many people and 4 and 5 really start upping the jeopardy for the characters. However, you really need the backstory of 1 and 2 to fully appreciate the others.

Quick question to you Potter fans. I just caught my first Potter movie on HBO the other night. I think it was the last one that came out, can't remember the name. Is this a series that you really need to watch from the beginning to enjoy? Or was the last one a weak installment, because I didn't enjoy it. Is this a thing you kind of grow attached to the characters from the first movie on?

The last one, Order of the Phoenix was pretty weak IMO. I only enjoyed bits and thought it was poorly written and the directing was even worse.

Good news is that the next book is much better than OotP, Steve Kloves is back to write the screen play (OotP is the only one he hasn't written), but bad news is that sadly David Yates returns to poorly direct this next one as well as the last film. :rolleyes:

Watching from the start of the series will help the enjoyment I think, but isn't necessarily required. See the 3rd one, Prisoner of Azkaban. Much better than OotP and my favorite of the films so far.

I would say yes. Since it's really a continuing story, it would make sense to watch from the start.

It wasn't really the weakest, but after reading the books, there was just so much left out. So that kind of affects it for me.

:read:read:read:read :rotfl:rotfl

Regardless of what people might say, the books aren't only meant for children. I read the first and was hooked and real the remaining 3 books in a week (at that time only 1-4 were released). Adults can get into them and quite enjoy them. They're easy reads and go by fast.

Back