Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the ones who haven't read the books always like them more than those who have. They don't know what they are missing. :read

I just saw this movie and I thought they did a real good job. Of course nothing beats the books in my opinion, but that would be very hard to do. I've been getting my nieces and nephews into Harry Potter and now they can't put the books down. Also the person I'm with is a big Harry Potter collector. She has all the Noble Collection wands and chess set; all the Tonner Harry Potter figures and is also planning on getting the Gentle Giant PF's. Even my mom likes the Harry Potter movies.

Snape killed dumbley door! :O

GREYSTASH!!! No one should outlive their fictional wizard...

Hahaha... even though that episode of the Simpsons was pretty meh, I couldnt help but recall it during the movie. :lol

I'm going to go see it at IMAX sometime this week. I read that the first 12 minutes are in 3D. I'm excited to see what that's like, I've never seen a movie with 3D except theme park 3D attractions.

Yep. Bill (who gets married in the begining of the next book) got bitten by Fenrir Greyback. That was really one of the main things Greyback did and they completely cut it out of this film. Heck, unless you read they books you wouldn't have known he is a werewolf at all. He was very poorly handled in the film - no lines even!

I think he did get one line, although he was offscreen when he spoke it. It was while Harry was hiding beneath the Astronomy Tower's main floor, watching Draco, Bellatrix, and company talk with Dumbledore. I believe he said something like "He doesn't have it in him, just like his father. Here, let me finish him in my own way."

Anyway, I really liked the film, despite the blatant lack of Voldemort and action. I thought the story was well done, the visuals were amazing, and the character development (specifically Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermoine) was decent to say the least.

I enjoyed the introduction of Narcissa Malfoy, I just wish she was a bit more frantic to the point of being annoying, like in the book. However, she turned out to be one of my favorite characters with what she does in the last book.

Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn was a surprisingly funny addition to the cast, and I'm glad characters like Snape and McGonagall seemed to pull more weight in this film than the previous installments.

Saw it a second time this past weekend and i thought it was a little better the second time. But there's something i can't remember. Was it in HBP or TDH that Connelius Fudge was replaced?

Yep, HBP starts with the exchange between Fudge and the Prime Minister, at that point they reveal he's been replaced.

I think he did get one line, although he was offscreen when he spoke it. It was while Harry was hiding beneath the Astronomy Tower's main floor, watching Draco, Bellatrix, and company talk with Dumbledore. I believe he said something like "He doesn't have it in him, just like his father. Here, let me finish him in my own way."

Anyway, I really liked the film, despite the blatant lack of Voldemort and action. I thought the story was well done, the visuals were amazing, and the character development (specifically Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermoine) was decent to say the least.

I enjoyed the introduction of Narcissa Malfoy, I just wish she was a bit more frantic to the point of being annoying, like in the book. However, she turned out to be one of my favorite characters with what she does in the last book.

Jim Broadbent as Horace Slughorn was a surprisingly funny addition to the cast, and I'm glad characters like Snape and McGonagall seemed to pull more weight in this film than the previous installments.

I thought the opposite. I felt that there wasn't enough Snape; after all, he is the titular Half-Blood Prince. I realize he was featured prominently at the end and the Unbreakable Vow sequence, but he should have been in it more. It's been a few years since I read HBP, so I may be wrong, but isn't there a few sequences in the book where Snape (as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher) teaches Harry how to block spells/curses? I seem to remember that figures prominently in the end too as Snape is blocking the various curses that Harry is casting against him...

Back