Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I REALLY REALLY can't wait for the Forbidden Forest scene in Deathly Hallows though... :rock :rock :rock

That was such an awesome scene in the book....can't wait to see that either. :rock One thing that bummed me out was Snape (don't want to say much for those who have not read the book) but I was hoping for something more climatic for him. He was my favorite character in all of the books and I always knew it would end the way it did....but it just kinda seemed to fizzle out rather than a big bang moment.

Well I'm probably biased as I worked on two of them, but I think all the films have their merits, just in different ways.
QUOTE]

Which ones did you work and what you do there, always thought it would be great to work on any movie, alot of kid from around my area are extras.

I worked on Azkaban and Goblet. I was one of Nick Dudmans creature shop crew.

You're near Leavsden then. *g* God it used to take me over two hours there and back to get there each day! I had to leave the house at 5.30 am. *sigh* and often wasn't back till nine at night.

The most enjoyable job I was involved in was painting all of the silicone flipper feet for Harry and his stunt double for the underwater sequences, and working on the Werewolf suit, that in the end hardly got used.

The tank they filmed in was fantastic! Warm, huge, and very, very scary. I often used to watch them film, and I don't know how the kids put up with it. They were often down there for ages on end.

I wanna see pics of the two new actors they have playing Riddle. I wonder how close they resemble the guy who played Riddle in CoS?

1. Deathly Hallows - pulled it all together, except for a backstory on McGonagall :(
2. Order of the Phoenix - liked that everything that had been set up prior was coming together. Also showed that the kids were beginning to start taking active interest outside of their heretofore snug little world and beginning to take action. Those who were "outsiders" (Luna, Neville) becoming more assertive and gaining their peers' respect. Also was the REAL beginning IMO of the start of the set up for the final book.
3. Sorcerer's Stone - the one that begun it all...the one that captured me for the long haul
4. Prisoner of Azkahban - began the intrusion of the world into the comfort of Hogwarts and expanded the kids' world of reference
5. Goblet of Fire - yet another "Harry has an adventure and is the hero" book, but the twist that elevated it was the Diggory part
6. Half-Blood Prince - LOVED the Snape focus, but was left wanting a bit
7. Chamber of Secrets - "Harry has an adventure and is the hero" (was afraid Rowling just might fall into the dread Hardy Boys syndrome)

Movies: not really fair to rank them yet until they all come out. But, so far, SS ranks above others, if nothing else for the fact that it introduces us to the world as well as establishing the foundation for all the others.

That was such an awesome scene in the book....can't wait to see that either. :rock One thing that bummed me out was Snape (don't want to say much for those who have not read the book) but I was hoping for something more climatic for him. He was my favorite character in all of the books and I always knew it would end the way it did....but it just kinda seemed to fizzle out rather than a big bang moment.

Agreed on the "how"....we all knew, but still...could have been WAY more intesting than it was.

Movies

1. POA
2. GOF
3. OOTF
4. SS
5. COS

I notice there is no mention of who is playing Rufus Scrimgeour.....I always envisioned Bill Nighy in that role. Also I'm a little disappointed in the casting of Slughorn. I really hoped that the rumors that Bob Hoskins was playing him were true, he definitely fits the part IMHO.

I wanna see pics of the two new actors they have playing Riddle. I wonder how close they resemble the guy who played Riddle in CoS?

Yea, I would have LOVED if they could get Christian Coulson back to play Riddle. He was great in CoS.

Books six and seven are my favorites. I really hope they do them justice in movie format. I agree, I do wis there was more information on Mgonigal's history, but atlest she elaborated more on Dumbledore recently :) I really hope she chooses to write more in the same world. not nessacarily more on Harry, but books on Grindenwald and dumbledore( which might be a little hard considering recent relevations and other things, but then again books about a gay mage did quite well from Mercedies lackey in the form of the Last Herald-Mage cycle), or perhaps farther back on the founding of the school could be good fiction :)

I think we'll get more info on McGonagal when the encyclopedia comes out.

I think we'll get more info on McGonagal when the encyclopedia comes out.

I remember reading TONS that she said was going to be included in the books that weren't. Probably got edited out to same length. Even though, this series is one that I wouldn't have minded a couple hundred more pages per book.

Despite how you rank the books and/or the movies the fact still remains that I can't believe that no high end 1/6 company has created figures from this line yet. I'm starting to fear that the reason we haven't seen anything from Hot Toys, MediCom, Sideshow or even DC Direct (remember WB is the parent company) is because Gentle Giant will end up producing them and it'll be more of the same that's already been done....

Despite how you rank the books and/or the movies the fact still remains that I can't believe that no high end 1/6 company has created figures from this line yet. I'm starting to fear that the reason we haven't seen anything from Hot Toys, MediCom, Sideshow or even DC Direct (remember WB is the parent company) is because Gentle Giant will end up producing them and it'll be more of the same that's already been done....

Amen to that. I would love to pick up a HP 1:6 line. :monkey2

I remember reading TONS that she said was going to be included in the books that weren't. Probably got edited out to same length. Even though, this series is one that I wouldn't have minded a couple hundred more pages per book.
I agree, it's time for extended editions of Harry Potter. I guess all that extra stuff that got edited out will be in the encyclopedia. Truthfully though, I'm not very excited about that I would much rather the information be in story format.

I agree, it's time for extended editions of Harry Potter. I guess all that extra stuff that got edited out will be in the encyclopedia. Truthfully though, I'm not very excited about that I would much rather the information be in story format.

Yea, I want to buy the encyclopedias that are already in the market. Anybody got links to that? I think one is a quiddich book, etc...

Tonner made some wonderful, high-end, 1/6 Harry Potter figures.:monkey3:D

Tonner figures are 1/4 and they are actually well done. Say what you will about Tonner they really have done well in their HP line.

Back