Han Solo in Carbonite Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i just received my han solo and he's made of some heavy plastic and hollow inside base is too hollow i think $300.00 dollars for this is to much i going to return this.

Could you post some quick shot of it? Only interested if they changed the carbonite structure.

Ok that makes me reconsider buying it...

Why? You can't see the difference, just feel. It stands in your cabinet so what?

I never understood that problems, people have with that. Boba Fett is of plastic too and i have no problem with it.

Premium Format means using the best materials to get the look right and not using only polystone.

It is not so heavy... so what? Costs? Plastic is more expensive than polystone (which is only resin with stone powder to add weight and save on the expensive resin).

20r4s1v.jpg

2j65ml3.jpg

jh69md.jpg

nx9m5j.jpg

xc7lw.jpg

65crwl.jpg

24yxt11.jpg

I was really on the fence about this, but now I am glad I cancelled. That neck problem almost looks like an error with the mold, it looks too exaggerated to be an intentional deign. :\

I think people said the same thing about the neck on the 1/6 scale version. I don't think it's that big of a deal, personally. But I also won't be buying this unless they come out with a Jabba PF or I get a really good deal.

Well just for screen accuracy matter... It looks like the head is to high in the carbonite. In the movie version there is like an inch of space between the head and the top of the carbonite...
HanPopcicle.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Darth Mitchell - was going to say that compared to the Attackus version:

1. The neck does look too long
2. Han's head on SSC's version is right on the Carbonite border, which looks odd
3. Finally, carbonite still looks a bit too crinkled

PF looks good in profile and I like the light-up side panels but strange to me that SSC seems to have missed some seemingly basic details on a comparatively easy figure to make.

Last edited:
It's funny, to talk about tht attakus version because you don't see the real problem of the attakus version : LIKENESS OF FORD !

Sculpt of sideshow version is much better, i think it's the most important.

The rest is insignifiant.

I guess we could go around and around on this forever and I guess I should've been clearer on the details. Attackus carbonite/border and neck seem more movie accurate (even if the likeness is off, as you say).

That's all besides the point to me, though. We're comparing an $80.00 piece with one that's 3.5x the price and that manages to screw up some significant details. Totally disagree that those discrepancies are "insignificant". The figure should be 100% movie accurate given the ease of the sculpt and the price point.

Back