Han Solo in Carbonite Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. The Attakus version is a high-end piece and at 1/5 scale is the closest thing in size to the Sideshow version. I don't think the Ford likeness is bad at all on the Attakus piece -- especially if you compare it to the horrible likenesses on most Attakus statues.

Wrong. Attakus Han in Carbonite is not an 80$ piece (Mr. Flibble just snagged one for 80 UK Pounds).

Attakus Han in Carbonite retailed for 229,-- Euro (which is about 300,-- US$). Here is the link to the Attakus website: https://www.attakus.fr/epages/174687.sf/fr_FR/?ObjectPath=/Shops/174687/Products/C111

Yeah I got mine on evil bay,I was looking for months for it and most went for £200. The seller just wanted a fast sale. The attakus piece is excellent in hand

Man, they dropped the ball on the placement of the head. But the neck is the worst - it draws your eye a looks just wrong.

I have the Boba PF and was thinking of getting this but that neck is just wrong. Will only get this if it ever comes up very cheap somewhere.

damn it! I will still be getting this but that neck kills it!

btw, you can get the attakus version for around $150US if you are patient.

That's all besides the point to me, though. We're comparing an $80.00 piece with one that's 3.5x the price and that manages to screw up some significant details. Totally disagree that those discrepancies are "insignificant". The figure should be 100% movie accurate given the ease of the sculpt and the price point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Ease of the sculpt especially, this should have been a cinch for them by now. And with the price at $300 and being mostly plastic it should have been dead on movie accurate. Crap... I gotta admit disappointment. It would have made a great companion piece to the Boba Fett pf.

Wrong. Attakus Han in Carbonite is not an 80$ piece (Mr. Flibble just snagged one for 80 UK Pounds).

Attakus Han in Carbonite retailed for 229,-- Euro (which is about 300,-- US$). Here is the link to the Attakus website: https://www.attakus.fr/epages/174687.sf/fr_FR/?ObjectPath=/Shops/174687/Products/C111

OK, sorry about messing up the price, but it's irrelevant to my main point as the Attackus version being worth more doesn't do anything to fix what's wrong with SSC's version. I thought at one point that I might pick this up as my only 1:4 piece as it'd be easy to display on my desk or something, away from my 1:6 stuff, but it's just too flawed to justify the price, IMO.

Just don't get how Sideshow could make so many mistakes given they've made a 1:6 version already, along with the 1:1 work in progress and presumably access to all the reference material.

That neck is awful. Shameful awful. The 1/6 is a far better sculpt despite the fact it doesn't light up. Wow..that neck is just shambolic. :monkey1

The hands look way too big as well. For a PF sideshow really dropped the ball on this one. Looks like a 6th grade science project.

In my opinion this has not more flaws than any other SW PFs until now.
Let's be honest they are ALL wrong... Vaders helmet... Stormtrooper helmet... Boba Fett helmet.... Han Solos face....
Those are all "interpretations" and not copies of the characters.
If being honest to yourself you had to sell all of them and wait for accurate representations (which are absolutley possible).

Don't get me wrong i don't like that flaws too, but as long as there is nothing better in that scale you can only live with it or don't buy.

The neck looks like the alien out of The Thing (1982) when it stretches off the table :slap

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys. For the prop piece the only thing that is Harrison Ford is the face, the rest is someone else. That is why the head and body don't quite match up.

Back