Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't dislike anyone's acting except the Australian team.

The girl playing Mako was really good for example.

I do agree that the monsters felt the same the whole movie. Besides their faces there was not a lot of difference.

And I don't really understood what happened in the last fight. I know what the plan was and I know the two robots were fighting with 4 monsters, but I have no idea which monster was which or what was happening.

Bayformers, the third one especially was a real mess during the fight scenes and I'll happily never watch them again.
PR isn't as bad but having every fight take place at night and in water with far too many closeups really doesn't make for memorable battle scenes or give a sense of epic scale. The brief shot of the daylight stuff in Sydney looked great and I wanted more of that.

I didn't dislike anyone's acting except the Australian team.

The girl playing Mako was really good for example.
Really good? No.

Young Mako was really good. Along with Charlie Day and Ron Perlman. Everyone else was surprisingly average, with Mako probably being the worst. She had a few slightly cringe-worthy deliveries.

There was only one person doing what I would consider acting in this movie. i.e. creating a believable character that I could give a **** about. And that was the young girl who played Mako. And interested to hear I wasn't alone in my disappointment with the movie. Charlie Day shouted his lines to camera right most of the time, trying to give cringeworthy nerd schtick. And Perlman, well yeah cool shoes. And I love Ron Perlman as a rule. You see, you can make a fun movie with good acting in it? Just 'cause it's a dumb assed monster movie doesn't mean that the performances and script need to be piss poor. I really wanted to like this, I will even give it another spin on Blu-ray, but it was just a mess IMO.

Last edited:
I saw this yesterday on IMAX 3D. So much better than the tiny 2D showing I saw at the local mall on opening night.

Really good? No.

Young Mako was really good. Along with Charlie Day and Ron Perlman. Everyone else was surprisingly average, with Mako probably being the worst. She had a few slightly cringe-worthy deliveries.

Well I personally liked Mako. I cared about the character. Maybe it just me but I liked her a lot.

Oh you mean the American and British actor doing the worst Australian accents EVER!!

yeah :lol:lol those guys really ruined every scene they were in. Jesus I can't believe they would hire those two. That was kind of surprising.

There was only one person doing what I would consider acting in this movie. i.e. creating a believable character that I could give a **** about. And that was the young girl who played Mako. And interested to hear I wasn't alone in my disappointment with the movie. Charlie Day shouted his lines to camera right most of the time, trying to give cringeworthy nerd schtick. And Perlman, well yeah cool shoes. And I love Ron Perlman as a rule. You see, you can make a fun movie with good acting in it? Just 'cause it's a dumb assed monster movie doesn't mean that the performances and script need to be piss poor. I really wanted to like this, I will even give it another spin on Blu-ray, but it was just a mess IMO.

I'm with this guy. Still glad I did my part against grown ups 2 though.

Man I wish they'd release that song. :gah:. Yea it may of been her it may not, why would someone join a forum just to answer a question? With the same name of the song and everything . I wouldn't be surprised if it was her or someone else.

https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/pacific-rim-drift-rza-feat/s-aV3G4
Pacific Rim - Drift - RZA (feat. Blake Perlman)
You can stream the whole song online.

iTunes. Track #26.

Guillermo del Toro Says ‘Pacific Rim’ Sequel Would Feature Jaeger/Kaiju Hybrid

Will we get to see Pacific Rim 2? It’s too early to say. The film is underperforming by most standards in North America, but it’s doing much better internationally with many major markets – such as China and Japan – yet to open. So while Guillermo del Toro‘s monster vs. robot movie might miss $100 million domestically, it could potentially triple that number overseas.

All that aside, for a second let’s imagine a glorious future where the kaiju vs. jaeger story continues in Pacific Rim 2. We know screenwriter Travis Beacham is already writing it just in case. Plus, Del Toro recently did an interview where he explained how the ending of the first film will directly relate to a sequel, including a hybrid of a kaiju and jaeger.

Thanks to MTV for the quotes. They’re older than we usually like to run but, with Comic-Con, they got a little lost in the shuffle.

https://www.slashfilm.com/guillermo...-rim-sequel-would-feature-jaegerkaiju-hybrid/

Pacific Rim - Drift - RZA (feat. Blake Perlman)
You can stream the whole song online.
iTunes. Track #26.

That's the song I hated so much in the movie. the song that ruined it for me,
but that version is so much worst lol :gah:

The girl playing Mako is the same girl that was Scott Pilgrims other girlfriend

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That's the song I hated so much in the movie. the song that ruined it for me,
but that version is so much worst lol :gah:
That song was not there in the movie, but only in the very end credits, right?

Was there a different version of the song, or do you mean the score music?

The Pacific Rim main theme which was used several times in the movie was fantastic, including during the end title sequence. Parts of this theme music was played differently at the start of that Drift song.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuhWD4mjUY[/ame]

Back