Guillermo del Toro's PINOCCHIO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score
pinocchio-concept-art-image.jpg

pinocchio-guillermo-del-toro-image.jpg

guillermo-del-toro-pinocchio-image.jpg

pinocchio-movie-image.jpg

Guillermo del Toro may very well be the most busy person in Hollywood. He’s attached to produce/write/direct/develop a multitude of projects, so when it was announced that del Toro would be producing a 3D stop-motion animated iteration of Pinocchio, the news came with the assumption that del Toro wouldn’t have a ton of time to be super hands-on with the project. All that changed last month when it was announced that, after spending more and more time with the project, del Toro has decided to co-direct with Mark Gustafson. Though we got our first look at some artwork from the unsurprisingly dark tale last February, some new artwork from Pinocchio has surfaced and it’s unsurprisingly gorgeous.

The image comes from EW, who notes that del Toro doesn’t plan on shooting Pinocchio until 2013 even though he recently stated he’d like to release the film in 2014. Given that he’s currently busy with post-production on Pacific Rim and pre-production on Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson, the 2013 start-date makes sense

Not sure I like the artistic design but since it's GDT I'm interested.

I wasn't sold immediately, but after looking over it for a while I started to appreciate del Toro's vision on this. I think we have such an ingrained image of what Pinocchio looks like that anything else is hard to take in.

The artistic design is nothing extraordinary or original really. Burton has done it hundreds of times before.

Guillermo is just like Burton - some excellent movies, some good action movies, some awful movies, some pointless animated movies.

Don't believe Del Toro has had a complete turd of a movie yet. All have been pretty great.

Guillermo is just like Burton - some excellent movies, some good action movies, some awful movies, some pointless animated movies.
:slap:slap:slap

The only pointless thing here are your posts... :chase

:lecture

Don't believe Del Toro has had a complete turd of a movie yet. All have been pretty great.

yes, I wanted to ask Riddick what movie from Guillermo is a turd? (Afraid of the Dark doesnt count because he didn't direct that one)

most people will agree Guillermo's movies are pretty good, or at least not turds like Burton has made, well At Least Not Yet, of Course Guillermo could fail

Back